• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Murray Left in a Hurry: Signing With Iggles

• Moderators

The best way to weaken a rival is to sign their free agents. lol

And see, it isn't a race thing. Kelly just appreciates RB's that Chip their waiters.

If Murray wanna get in his feelings and sign to a division rival then it is what it is.  He's a really good RB but he's injury prone (this was the first season he played every game) and he all of a sudden started having a fumbling issue (that whole thing with Dez's catch during the Green Bay game wouldn't have mattered if he hadn't fumbled earlier).

Truth be told I'd be lying if I said I wasn't alarmed by the amount of players signing elsewhere tho...

Also, that Dallas O-line made Murray who he is. I'm thinking Murray struggles in Philly.

Philly's O-Line is also great.

I don't know what record will they achieve but one sure thing is that the Eagles are making this FA fun to follow.

Edited by Ebert

Can't blame him for leaving Dallas.................but for Philly?   Brrrrr

Seems like Dallas pist him off and he is doing this on spite. That almost never works out. Kelly would have been better avoiding all this mess and just keeping Shady McCoy who is a perfect fit for his offense. Now he has a square peg for a round hole.

Seems like Dallas pist him off and he is doing this on spite. That almost never works out. Kelly would have been better avoiding all this mess and just keeping Shady McCoy who is a perfect fit for his offense. Now he has a square peg for a round hole.

Chip's offense actually prefers power runners, yea he likes big plays but he also likes physically punishing defenses and not just by having them struggle to catch their breath.  He wants to rack up yardage but not have it solely be off a single play, a 10 play scoring drive in 2 minutes is better than a 4 play scoring drive in 1 minute.  Shady has greater big play ability but a lot of drives fizzled out on 3 and outs thanks to his inconsistency.  He'd get tackled for a loss 4 times, get 5 carries for 5 yards and then sprinkle in a 50 yard run.  Yea, the 50 yard run is nice but it's the equivalent of watching a high strikeout homerun hitter in baseball come up to the plate when all you need is a single. 

Murray and Mathews should do more to ensure positive gains on every down with Sproles being the big play back.  You don't know how frustrating it was knowing that the team had to pass to convert a 3 and 3 or watching Shady break a 40 yard run to get the team to the red zone or goal line but then be completely ineffective inside of it because he's dancing in the backfield instead of putting his shoulder down.  You shouldn't feel nervous in short yard situations when you have a top back.  If the Seahawks had Shady on their roster instead of Beast Mode I guarantee you people wouldn't have been nearly as critical of Carroll's decision to pass.

The Eagles drafted Matthews last year and I expect him to blow up this year at receiver but they need a couple more guys there. Murray will have another huge year as that line isn't much worse than Dallas' line is. I wonder if Sproles is being moved to slot WR?

I think Joe Johnson's clone was signed by the Colts and Bowe is still on the Chiefs. There is still the draft but I saw a headline the other day that said Chip thinks Huff has more potential than Matthews.....which isn't a shocker as I'm sure he thinks his worst Duck is probably better than the entire All Pro roster.

Has Andre Johnson been picked up yet? How about Duane Bowe?

I thought Gore and Andre Johnson went to the Colts...I could be mistaken but I thought since they gave a U connection that they wanted to play together.