• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thabo & Pero Arrested; Thabo OUT FOR SEASON due to injuries

ersimo2889

Did i say anything about Tony parker  not going to a club ever again? Im not promoting or making clubbing look bad..

but im sure after his eye injury, he's more aware of what's he doing, and will make the right choices that will not lead problems for his team, fans, and to the Spurs organization.

"Trading Thabo for going to a club is assinine considering he isn't a problem child and has never been in any incidents previously."

I respect your opinion, and I  didn't say that Thabo should be traded away, i just said  >> IF  << Hawks decide to trade him i won't be disappointed.  It doesn't officialy  mean i hate Thabo and asking for him to get traded away. If Hawks still wants to keep Thabo, im fine with that.

A real world equivalent to this, would be something along the lines of this:

A person works for a company in Atlanta that also has an office in New York City. He has a 3 PM presentation he has to do at the NYC office the next day.

He gets off from work in Atlanta at 4:30 PM and has a 7 PM flight to catch to head to New York City. Bad weather in Atlanta forces a 2 1/2 hour delay to his flight, and he doesn't depart ATL until 9:30.

He didn't book a direct flight, so his plane flies to Detroit first, before arriving in NYC at 1 am.

The man, who isn't tired and wants to unwind a little, hits a club at 2 am. He figures he can party a little, get to bed no later than 5 am, and still be plenty rested up for his late afternoon presentation.

Unfortunately, as the man is kicking it to a fine female in VIP, her ex boyfriend pop up out of nowhere and starts a confrontation with him. He "ain't no punk", so he doesn't back down to her ex-boyfriend, and they get into a fight.

It's 1 pm the next day, and the man only got 3 hours of a very uncomfortable sleep, due to being treated at the hospital for a broken finger, 7 stitches to his forehead, and a bruised cheekbone. He also is now sporting a nasty black looking black eye.

He calls his boss in Atlanta and tells him that he's not going to be able to do the presentation because of his physical condition. He tells his boss that the fight wasn't his fault and he was only defending himself ( albeit unsuccessfully ).

So should his boss be like ... "OK man. That situation was out of your control. Come on back home .....

Or

"Why were you at a club at 2 am in the morning, when you knew that you had an important presentation to do that afternoon?"

Or maybe he tells the man both statements.

• Like 1

So your saying that clubbing in 4 am is just the same as leaving his bed, knowing that he has a game in the same day???? 

Leaving his bed and clubbing in 4 am knowing that he has game to prepare in the same day are totally different thing.. 

clubbing is more dangerous specially late in night than just waking up and leaving ur bed...

1. They weren´t even in the club that Copeland was in. They were arrested 120 feet away.

2. No one knows if they were even clubbing or just eating out or something.

3. Read a little bit about the schedules of NBA players (there is a good Jalen & Jacoby podcast on this topic). If there is no shootaround before the game, going to bed at 4-5 am is no problem. The players often sleep until 3-4 pm for evening games.

If you believe any NBA player just lives in hi hotel room on every road trip, you're just naive. And this is not ab out being professional or not, all the players do it.

1. They weren´t even in the club that Copeland was in. They were arrested 120 feet away.

2. No one knows if they were even clubbing or just eating out or something.

3. Read a little bit about the schedules of NBA players (there is a good Jalen & Jacoby podcast on this topic). If there is no shootaround before the game, going to bed at 4-5 am is no problem. The players often sleep until 3-4 pm for evening games.

If you believe any NBA player just lives in hi hotel room on every road trip, you're just naive. And this is not ab out being professional or not, all the players do it.

1. Being 120 feet away from the club doesn't instantly  mean they did not went clubbing before the arrest.

2. What else would be they doing in 4am in the morning in NYC outside near a night club if they didnt go clubbing? and Why would you be  up that late and hanging out near in a night club knowing that you have a  game to prepare for in the same day? 

3. Every game has shootaround before it start, heck even maybe two shootarounds before the game. Sure 4-5 am is not problem, but dont you think if Thabo decides to rest and prepare for the game in the same day instead of hanging out near a night club in 4m somewhere in NYC, he could have saved his leg in the first place and helping his team in the playoffs?

"this is not ab out being professional or not, all the players do it."

Thabo is a professional basketball player, Hawks signed him a 12 million multi year deal, He does not get paid to hangout in 4 am somewhere in NYC, he has responsibilities for taking of himself and getting out of trouble so he contributed to the Hawks organization and to the team. NO, Not all players do it. Just because some players do it doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

A real world equivalent to this, would be something along the lines of this:

A person works for a company in Atlanta that also has an office in New York City. He has a 3 PM presentation he has to do at the NYC office the next day.

He gets off from work in Atlanta at 4:30 PM and has a 7 PM flight to catch to head to New York City. Bad weather in Atlanta forces a 2 1/2 hour delay to his flight, and he doesn't depart ATL until 9:30.

He didn't book a direct flight, so his plane flies to Detroit first, before arriving in NYC at 1 am.

The man, who isn't tired and wants to unwind a little, hits a club at 2 am. He figures he can party a little, get to bed no later than 5 am, and still be plenty rested up for his late afternoon presentation.

Unfortunately, as the man is kicking it to a fine female in VIP, her ex boyfriend pop up out of nowhere and starts a confrontation with him. He "ain't no punk", so he doesn't back down to her ex-boyfriend, and they get into a fight.

It's 1 pm the next day, and the man only got 3 hours of a very uncomfortable sleep, due to being treated at the hospital for a broken finger, 7 stitches to his forehead, and a bruised cheekbone. He also is now sporting a nasty black looking black eye.

He calls his boss in Atlanta and tells him that he's not going to be able to do the presentation because of his physical condition. He tells his boss that the fight wasn't his fault and he was only defending himself ( albeit unsuccessfully ).

So should his boss be like ... "OK man. That situation was out of your control. Come on back home .....

Or

"Why were you at a club at 2 am in the morning, when you knew that you had an important presentation to do that afternoon?"

Or maybe he tells the man both statements.

Again, professional sports are not equivalent to regular jobs. Ever.

Replace the regular guy with Steve Jobs or any other big name exec. Is he getting ousted? Nope.

1. Being 120 feet away from the club doesn't instantly  mean they did not went clubbing before the arrest.

2. What else would be they doing in 4am in the morning in NYC outside near a night club if they didnt go clubbing? and Why would you be  up that late and hanging out near in a night club knowing that you have a  game to prepare for in the same day? 

3. Every game has shootaround before it start, heck even maybe two shootarounds before the game. Sure 4-5 am is not problem, but dont you think if Thabo decides to rest and prepare for the game in the same day instead of hanging out near a night club in 4m somewhere in NYC, he could have saved his leg in the first place and helping his team in the playoffs?

"this is not ab out being professional or not, all the players do it."

Thabo is a professional basketball player, Hawks signed him a 12 million multi year deal, He does not get paid to hangout in 4 am somewhere in NYC, he has responsibilities for taking of himself and getting out of trouble so he contributed to the Hawks organization and to the team. NO, Not all players do it. Just because some players do it doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

It's already been said that shootaround was canceled for that game.

Also man, NBA players go out all the time.  Them being out is not unusual or considered unprofessional (by their peers).  It's time to let this go.

Again, professional sports are not equivalent to regular jobs. Ever.

Replace the regular guy with Steve Jobs or any other big name exec. Is he getting ousted? Nope.

Thank you.

I've never been to Atlanta, but from what I gathered I can imagine that post Giuliani/Bloomberg Manhattan clubs are nothing like Atlanta clubs.

Nowadays It takes real ching to club in dowtown manhattan for anyone in these clubs. So I think its safe to say that you are less likely to be caught up in some incident caused by a crazed person.

What if all this had happened at 4 am in front of a Connecticut country club?

You know, a club is not like any club.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

• Moderators

gold-club.jpg

Of course, back in the days before 2:30 Last Calls we had this humble establishment in Buckhead. You could relocate the NBA and NFL Halls of Fame in here, since pretty much everybody in there knows how to get to it. Our "real men" athletic heroes were not too persnickety about whether there was a game the following day. Except for Mark Jackson: he's an upstanding married man, you see, so he'll just stick to the nude selfies, thank you very much.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=1237371

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/07/24/us/in-testimony-patrick-ewing-tells-of-favors-at-strip-club.html

http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/07/the-50-craziest-sex-scandals-in-sports-history/the-gold-club-trial

Last I walked by (Lindbergh area) it was out of its original transition as a church (nice try, guys), and is now the "Gold Room" dance club. 

Very much not the same thing. Or, so I've heard.

~lw3

Last I walked by (Lindbergh area) it was out of its original transition as a church (nice try, guys), and is now the "Gold Room" dance club. 

~lw3

Wait, is it like a regular club now then?

2 things from the 90's I'd like to bring back: The Gold Club and Freaknik.

• Moderators

Wait, is it like a regular club now then?

2 things from the 90's I'd like to bring back: The Gold Club and Freaknik.

Yeah, it's regular (no stripping 'til you get home) as far as clubs around here go. According to their website they even do bat mitzvahs now.Oy vey.

~lw3

Yeah, it's regular (no stripping 'til you get home) as far as clubs around here go. According to their website they even do bat mitzvahs now.Oy vey.

~lw3

Mazel tov, micky fickies

gold-club.jpg

Of course, back in the days before 2:30 Last Calls we had this humble establishment in Buckhead. You could relocate the NBA and NFL Halls of Fame in here, since pretty much everybody in there knows how to get to it. Our "real men" athletic heroes were not too persnickety about whether there was a game the following day. Except for Mark Jackson: he's an upstanding married man, you see, so he'll just stick to the nude selfies, thank you very much.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=1237371

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/07/24/us/in-testimony-patrick-ewing-tells-of-favors-at-strip-club.html

http://www.complex.com/sports/2013/07/the-50-craziest-sex-scandals-in-sports-history/the-gold-club-trial

~lw3

I liked it better back in the 90's when Ewing and Oakley ran it. It was a special time back then.

Also man, NBA players go out all the time.  Them being out is not unusual or considered unprofessional (by their peers).  It's time to let this go.

Thank you.

Thank you.

"It's already been said that shootaround was canceled for that game."

Who said that shootaround was canceled for that game? can you give me a resources or proof? 

Okay even though shootaround was cancelled, If Thabo didnt go "out" near a nightclub in NYC, he could have save his legs in the first place, and helping his team in the playoffs, that's the main point im making. Im not saying THabo is a bad person. 

"NBA players go out all the time. "

Yea sure NBA players go out all time, but what kind of acitivity their doing? what time do they go out? Your making it look like going out in 4 am near a nightclub is a normal thing for an NBA player to do specially knowing that he has a game the same day.

"Them being out is not unusual or considered unprofessional (by their peers)."

Is not just them "being out"... So your telling me Thabo went out in 4 am near nightclub knowing that he has a game in the same day is professional? Hawks are preparing for the playoffs, If Thabo didn't decide to go out in 4am in the first place he could be helping his team in the playoffs now.

The he's a 'professional' is so overplayed. Its a basketball GAME.

If he was a Doctor or pilot I would be concerned if he had surgery to perform or flying a plane....oh wait, I'm sure that happens.

The he's a 'professional' is so overplayed. Its a basketball GAME.

If he was a Doctor or pilot I would be concerned if he had surgery to perform or flying a plane....oh wait, I'm sure that happens.

It's a basketball game..? It's NBA.. the highest level competition in basketball in the world. That's why their called "Professional " basketball players..

"If he was a Doctor or pilot I would be concerned if he had surgery to perform or flying a plane..."

So if he's a basketball player i would be concerned if he had been playing basketball..?

Still a game...their actions on the court have no bearing on life and death.

It's for our entertainment.

So that's why your not them calling "Professional basketball players" lol.

Jay im not trying to pick a up a fight with you punish.gif

So that's why your not them calling "Professional basketball players" lol.

Jay im not trying to pick a up a fight with you punish.gif

Wait, are you trying to pick a fight with me then?  Come at me bro ...boxing.gif  laugh1.gif

Nah, to your question earlier.  No, I don't have proof shootaround was canceled.  I heard it said and can't find the source.  Regardless, this conversation is tiresome.  The incident happened, Thabo's out.  I don't care enough anymore to argue why he was out, whether he should've been out, etc.  You win.  I'm on to the playoffs.

I never said they weren't. Read what I posted. Professional or not it's still A game.

I said the whole be a professional and not be out a 4am thing is overused.

Let's just agree to disagree on all this stuff. I've got playoffs on the brain.

Edited by JayBirdHawk