• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Go Nets!

BraveSeminole

Nobody in Boston's line up would start here. If the Hawks can't handle them easily then the east is just too damn weak.

They're not very talented. They would be lucky to win 30 games in the west.

Yeah, and anybody afraid of a team led by Chuck Thomas at "PG" is kidding themselves.

Nobody in Boston's line up would start here. If the Hawks can't handle them easily then the east is just too damn weak.

They're not very talented. They would be lucky to win 30 games in the west.

See, what you are doing to the Celtics, is the same thing everyone does to the Hawks.

You are judging them by the names on their roster rather how they have played the last 2 months 

• Like 2

Jalen sounds like an idiot. The Nets have to Make the playoffs first , before they could tank to play the Hawks.,

Makes no sense , because the Nets  were 0- 4 vs Atl. At least they beat the Cavs a couple of times.

Agreed, that's some Stacey King, non-actual Hawks game watching, type of analysis.

They play in the NBA for 13 years and look like a ventriloquist's puppet.

Complete with a creepy dude's hand up his rear-end.

See, what you are doing to the Celtics, is the same thing everyone does to the Hawks.

You are judging them by the names on their roster rather how they have played the last 2 months 

While I agree they are a sum-of-the-parts team, I don't think they'd give us trouble in the playoffs.

I listen to more Bill Simmons then I should and he has really been milking this Celtics-Hawks upset scenario. Just not buying though. Bias aside, I don't see it at all.  Can that team even score with us? Don't know that they have enough playmakers to hurt our D. You could argue their 2 best playmakers on the outside are streaky shooters.

For the record, I'm not worried about the Nets either because I have eyes.

Edited by BackForThe2ndTime

I would not discount the Celtics at all. Brad Stevens is one of my favorite coaches and he shows them video of the Hawks playing ball and wants them to emulate us. His teams in college were always overlooked and undertalented and always overachieved. 

The Nets don't scare me at all. If we play Hawks basketball and can remain healthy we'd sweep them in a series. I don't sweat the Pacers either even with PG. 

Good thing nobody here judges you for your hobbies! I just hope you're washing your hands before getting on Squawk to post. 

If anyone on HS judged folks for their hobbies we would've reported you to the FBI long ago.  Yeah, you work in the "oil and gas" industry.  Riiight.  Next you'll be telling us you're in the import/export business.  Funny how absent you've been after that story about the bank robbers with the Hawk suite came out.  Guess it's hard to get a wifi connect while on the lam.

Back on topic, I'm glad we aren't trying to manipulate who we play like CLE appears to be.  That's a total b*tch move.

If anyone on HS judged folks for their hobbies we would've reported you to the FBI long ago.  Yeah, you work in the "oil and gas" industry.  Riiight.  Next you'll be telling us you're in the import/export business.  Funny how absent you've been after that story about the bank robbers with the Hawk suite came out.  Guess it's hard to get a wifi connect while on the lam.

Back on topic, I'm glad we aren't trying to manipulate who we play like CLE appears to be.  That's a total b*tch move.

Well we gotta pay the bills somehow with so many people posting throughout the day who aren't supporters...

• Like 1

Both Boston and Indiana are better than what their records suggest.  Brooklyn would by far be the most favorable match-up, however I still want them to miss the playoffs for obvious reasons.

No, they're not.

Those teams wouldn't win 30 games in the western conference. 

Boston's line up is terrible!

• Premium Member

thread is working buddy.  Okay, now I need you to make a Hawks a "Hawks will not win a title this year" thread.

• Like 4

Well we gotta pay the bills somehow with so many people posting throughout the day who aren't supporters...

All this time I thought @kg01 was a supporter...I was so sure I didn't even check. He kinda posts like he is.....

• Premium Member

Hawks would be wise not to take anyone for granted. Any Galloway-type scrub can do a lot of damage if not guarded like it's supposed to be.

That said, I hate the idea of having to play Indy, not because they're too good, but because they have the type of players that can give the Hawks fits.

No one seems to remember Luis Freaking Scola, or Paul SS-calls George abusing the refs. Not worried about Hibbert or West tho. Just unleash the Macedonian Giant on them.

No, they're not.

Those teams wouldn't win 30 games in the western conference. 

Boston's line up is terrible!

Since the allstar break, Hawks are 17-10, Pacers are 16-10 and Celtics are 18-11. Both teams play hard basketball as a unit. Underestimating them by looking at their lineup would be similar to what critics have done to us in the beginning of the season. Brooklyn and Miami have better lineups on paper but they are soft. 

A bag of flamin hot Cheetos I'll gladly do but dicks seem excessive.

I thought the "BO" stood for big ol' not 'bag o'.  Eh, you have all the experience there so I'll defer to your judgement.

Anyways, back on topic.  Looks like the Nets are finally taking the collar.  That's a sorry bunch.  Any sign of adversity and they fold like cheap suits.

• Premium Member

I thought the "BO" stood for big ol' not 'bag o'.  Eh, you have all the experience there so I'll defer to your judgement.

Anyways, back on topic.  Looks like the Nets are finally taking the collar.  That's a sorry bunch.  Any sign of adversity and they fold like cheap suits.

How does a cheap suit fold?