• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN 4.0 Mock - Hawks #15 - Sam Dekker

AHF

• Moderators

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft/mock/?season=2015&version=4&source=Chad-Ford-Mock-Draft-

The Hawks get the right to trade picks (3) with the Nets as a result of the Joe Johnsontrade. If they can add Dekker, it will be another feather in the cap for a trade that keeps on giving and giving. Dekker's versatility, toughness, ability to stretch the floor and high basketball IQ make him a great fit on this Hawks team. And newly named Coach of the Year Mike Budenholzer runs the right sort of offense to set a player like Dekker free. This would be an ideal fit for him and the team.

Other names of note:

8 - Hezonja

9 - Oubre

10 - Johnson

14 - Hunter

17 - Booker

• Moderators

I'd be thrilled if we drafted Dekker.  Mixture of Hansbrough and McDermott.  Would also be pleased with Devin Booker.

The next significant minute either of those guys plays will be his first.

Edited by AHF

He's a nice player. He had a great few weeks when all eyes were watching. He isn't an awful defensive player. There are far worse players at 15. So I wouldn't be disappointed if Dekker was the pick. It all depends on who is available at 15.

I would really, really like the Dekker pick, though it seems I'm higher on him than most. FWIW, he ain't much like Hansbrough and McD IMO, more like Kawhi-lite. Very lite, but still has the size and athleticism to manhandle other 3s.

Good size, high BBIQ, very athletic, rebounder, shooter, good in transition, slasher, upper-classman, "big game" experience, sounds like a Bud/Ferry player. At the 15th pick, wouldn't he fill a need AND be the BPA?

Edited by hazer

Not the highest on my radar, but at 15th might fit both need/BPA. Yes these are "highlights", but DAYUUUUM at the 0:30 and 3:00 marks. What Bud could do with this kat:

https://youtu.be/O-jfJSFInqE

Edited by hazer

He is like kawhi? He is a good shooter? did u guys even watch this kid play. He will not be an elite defender so he cant play the 3 for US. He cant shoot well enough so he cant be a 2guard in our offense.

I mean just look at the guys bud has brought in on the wings and tell me dekker fits that mold.

He is like kawhi? He is a good shooter? did u guys even watch this kid play. He will not be an elite defender so he cant play the 3 for US. He cant shoot well enough so he cant be a 2guard in our offense.

I mean just look at the guys bud has brought in on the wings and tell me dekker fits that mold.

He appears to have the physical tools to do all those things.  However, he hasn't done any of them consistently enough to suggest he'll be able to do them in the league.

I believe he is a lot like Kawhi. In the sense that they both hydrate and need oxygen to survive. The comparison ends there....

• Moderators

Just for the sake of clarity, I am not big on Dekker.  He is not a great outside shooter but got hot in the tourney.  I am always wary of guys who show their best in the tourney and get drafted as if that is their new baseline.

I believe he is a lot like Kawhi. In the sense that they both hydrate and need oxygen to survive. The comparison ends there....

They have a pretty similar game, obviously one is a lot better than the other for various reasons, but in terms of playstyle they're fairly similar. He ain't Hansbrough or McDermott, that's for sure. Maybe a little like Gallinari I guess.

As far as picks at #15, we could do a whole lot worse. I'm not a Hunter fan (he shot worse than Dekker, for what it's worth, and without the athletic tools), Booker is ok but not very versatile and I'd rather just resign Jenkins. Not an Oubre fan either.

My main hesitation for Dekker is he's not super quick laterally and he has a hitch in his shot. Plus he's not much of a passer. I'm not sure what people expect/want out of the #15 pick but I think he checks the most boxes for us. Use our cap to sign Wesley Matthews and let him recover on the bench until he's fully up to speed...

14th is WAY high for Hunter...

I think he could go higher.

Someone compared Dekker to Kawhi? lol