• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game 2 thoughts

Alex

• Premium Member

I wouldn't say they're better than their record, but I agree that they have good players.  That's really why we need distance in these games.  I think Bob said they were 10-2 in games decided by 5 points or less when they have the lead late.  That's the sign of having good players, but a suspect team.  Which is whey we need not screw around with them and get our act together!  

Edited by Wretch

Here are my rose-colored thoughts on this series so far:

(1) I think we're a little rusty due to a combination of Millsap's injury, resting all our starters in some games down the stretch, and resting some of the starters here and there in other games - basically, it's been a while since all of our starters have played together consistently with something on the line, and I think it shows;

(2) We've often started slow coming off of some kind of break - if I remember correctly, we started the season playing .500 basketball, got blown out by 30 on the day after Christmas, and got blown out pretty bad the first game after the all-star break - so I'm hoping we just need to shake off some of that rust; and

(3) I think the Nets are in fact playing better than their overall record right now after acquiring T. Young, and with Lopez returning to form.

Given the above, a 2-0 start where we essentially haven't trailed in either game isn't so bad. That said, I'm a little worried and would feel a lot better if we could go out and take an aesthetically pleasing win in Game 3.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Realize this Nets team got better with T. young. They played ball at a 50 win pace after that deal. I'm not going to be to bothered by close wins.

This post shouldn't be overlooked.  The pace they won at after the Young trade would have tied them for the #3 seed with the Cavs.

• Like 2

• Moderators

This is After Game Thoughts on NPR with your host, Alex. Today, we will delve into the issue of Paul Millsap's health concerns followed by our weekly "A Win is a Win" segment with a special guest Kyle Korver joining us. Then we will top off the hour speaking on rebounding - is it as impertinent to the success of a team as everyone makes it out to be? All of this after station identification.

• Like 1

• Moderators

This is After Game Thoughts on NPR with your host, Alex. Today, we will delve into the issue of Paul Millsap's health concerns followed by our weekly "A Win is a Win" segment with a special guest Kyle Korver joining us. Then we will top off the hour speaking on rebounding - is it as impertinent to the success of a team as everyone makes it out to be? All of this after station identification.

Brought to you by the good people at Schweddy balls.  

• Like 1

This post shouldn't be overlooked. The pace they won at after the Young trade would have tied them for the #3 seed with the Cavs.

Seriously? Wow. I knew they played much better but that's very interesting.

• Moderators

Seriously? Wow. I knew they played much better but that's very interesting.

I didn't verify the 50 win pace mentioned above but since the Cavs won 50 games that is where it would correlate over a full season.  Either way, Minnesota screwed us royally so they could enjoy 5 minutes of PR in a tank worthy season.

I didn't verify the 50 win pace mentioned above but since the Cavs won 50 games that is where it would correlate over a full season. Either way, Minnesota screwed us royally so they could enjoy 5 minutes of PR in a tank worthy season.

Makes me hate kg (not @kg01 ;-)) even more.