• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game 2 thoughts

Alex

Winning is all that matters.

It's still concerning that we can't put away this team when we get a lead.

Have at it, folks.

• Like 2

I wish we could dominate them one good time but truth is we are playing a little tight esp with all the injuries. Teague to me is the one player I want to just take over but it appears he is focusing on setting up his big guys who are just a little rusty right now. Either way nobody has stepped up individually yet but we are still winning as unit which our mantra and I will take it. My fear is that we are the 7-6/end of season Hawks instead of the late December thru January Hawks and that makes me a little uneasy going forward into later rounds.

Win is a win but these is the type of game that can transform a team from good to great and great to championship team.  You have to give it to Brooklyn they never back down, they kept clawing away at that lead and the ref was swallowing their whistle but at the end Atlanta held them off and it is good because they will experience more of these types of games.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think that we were favored to win and win by a lot so not much to celebrate especially since our bench is a mess!  We lose without D Will's contribution to the game!  DWill gets the game ball as the Hawk's MVP!

Edited by Peoriabird

I think that we were favored to win and win by a lot so not much to celebrate especially since our bench is a mess! We lose without D Will's contribution to the game! DWill gets the game ball as the Hawk's MVP!

Favored by 9 I think. Won by 5.

DMC hit 2 3s, spread covered.

• Premium Member

We all want blowouts, but its playoff basketball. Its a grind.

Last year we would lose a game like this.

Last year we were an 8th seed...This year we are the number one seed with higher aspirations than last year's team.  So it is safe to conclude that this year's team should play better in the playoffs.

Last year we were an 8th seed...This year we are the number one seed with higher aspirations than last year's team. So it is safe to conclude that this year's team should play better in the playoffs.

I'm not talking about seeding I'm more focused on the execution of plays on offense and defense, the players just have more comfort in the system.

We lost games last year not because we were an 8th seed but because of play execution.

Only shot 39%, DMC had what 2, injured Horf/Sap/Teague/Scott, no calls/no Sef, still up 2-0, next...

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2

Or if we made 2 of 4 missed layups in first half.

Lol, that Teague miss at the end of half brought back skills challenge memories.

You shoulda been a boy. :-)

whaaat, say what? Why.

• Premium Member

Refs just trying to see if they can make this a 6 or 7 game series, for that to happen they know Nets need to steal one in Atlanta. Sure would be nice in league perspective to have more than 2 games for Brooklyn at home..

How would Millsap do in Guarding Joe?  I am tired of seeing Demarre get brutalized in the low post by Joe.  Why not put Carrol on Thaddeus Young? he isn't much bigger than Demarre. We are not going to stop Lopex keeping Jack and Joe out of sync is the key.

Edited by Blunt91
  • Like 1