• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game 2 thoughts

Alex

The officiating was awful and they of course were favoring Brooklyn as there were so many missed and blown calls.

I normally don't give much credit to teams' fans b!tching about the refs - but tonight - I have to agree - it almost seemed like the refs were trying to cover the spread.

There were some really bad or lazy calls - how did they not see that goaltending when the ball obviously went off the glass before the block?  Sap was getting abused a few times with no call.  

• Like 2

BTW, Bud showed the brilliance of why he won COY by putting Brand in for 1 second just to foul followed by 2 missed free throws. That's like lefty/righty 2-pitch late game baseball bullpen stuff. That was gorgeous...

Edited by hazer
  • Like 4

BTW, Bud showed the brilliance of why he won COY by putting Brand in for 1 second just to foul followed by 2 missed free throws...

That was funny, Hollins was having none of it.

• Moderators

D-Might!

~lw3

Wow!  Mr. Jack sure was hot for the Nets.  And, JJ didn't miss all those three ball shots

like he did last game.

DMC had a horrible offensive game until he finally got that two pointer late and we needed

that one.  He replaced Millsap in this roll from game one.

Playoff basketball, 2015, and the Hawks are winning!

We have coach of the year, new owners and are up 2-0!  So far, life is great!

• Like 1

I'm satisfied....just want the defense to pick it up a little more! All in all it was a good game. The offense will come...so I'm not too worried about it.

Tonight horford, sap, Korver and Dennis were really good offensively. Last game DMC, Teague, Korver, & Dennis had good offensive nights....that shows how deep we are! Eventually they will all click like they have many times throughout the season and hopefully it's on the road in the next 2 and so on.

Again defense and rebounding are the bigger issues and need improvement on as we go through the playoffs

• Like 2

I'm happy with close wins as long as we win this series in 4 or 5 and we remain healthy while doing so. 

One negative I noticed was Schro's terrible defense vs Jack in the 2nd quarter.  Dennis has a ton of potential, defensively, but he needs to be more consistent and make better choices at times.

• Moderators

On a different note, why should anyone want my beautiful, brilliant, Hawk Squawk

grand daughter to be anything but what she is, a wonderful Hawks fan!

In service of a bad pun, apparently.  I can respect a bad pun.

• Premium Member

I said before that the only thing that worried me in the playoffs would be our injuries and the refs. Both things have come true. Thabo is out for the season, Horf got hurt too and the refs were just horrible. IN ATLANTA. We couldn't get calls IN ATLANTA as the FIRST SEED against the lowly NETS for God's sake. I can't imagine what the refs have in plan for the rest of the playoffs....

• Moderators

"To the left, to the left..."

~lw3

• Premium Member

I'd like to see us win comfortably.  No need to give the Nets any confidence.  Gives our starters more time to rest and the bench gets more burn.  More than anything, it's about execution and focus.  I hope this is just a case of playing down to the competition.  We looked invulnerable before AS break...we'll need that form back.  Once we get out of the 1st round though...I don't care how we win.

The biggest observation...how far as Deron fallen?  Man, that dude is terrible now.