• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Nets GAME 3 (3 PM Eastern Tip!)

lethalweapon3

I've never seen Teague miss so many layups. Not happy but on the flip side I don't think we can play much worse offensively, we can only go up from here.

I think they'll work off of this and win the next 2. They definitely deserve the criticism today and I'm fine with the comments. I just find it funny that the when they do good again these people will be nowhere to be found.

I'll give them crap but I'll be right there to give them praise when they take care of business.

• Like 3

welp, i said all year, a jump shooting team with no go to big in the paint cannot win in the playoffs. WHY bud will not at least bring muscala in and let him try and go to work in the paint, i dont understand. lopez just abused horford and Antić in the paint.

i wouldve went to a lineup where i had moose at the 5, slide horford over to the 4, and millsap the 3, carroll the 2 and teague at the 1. korver wasnt doing anything, so sliding carroll over to his spot wouldve been the right move also.

Muscala at the 4 maybe.  You think Antić/Horford were abused by Lopez, he would treat Muscala far worse. Muscala just doesn't have the strength to battle Lopez in the paint.

I've never seen Teague miss so many layups. Not happy but on the flip side I don't think we can play much worse offensively, we can only go up from here.

I think they'll work off of this and win the next 2. They definitely deserve the criticism today and I'm fine with the comments. I just find it funny that the when they do good again these people will be nowhere to be found.

I'll give them crap but I'll be right there to give them praise when they take care of business.

Thank u..it's great to see somebody with a brain lol

That's my thing. The hotlantas and frank whites and "bonkers" only come out cause they want someone to complain to. Come on dudes.

• Like 1

Muscala at the 4 maybe.  You think Antić/Horford were abused by Lopez, he would treat Muscala far worse. Muscala just doesn't have the strength to battle Lopez in the paint.

what im talking about is making lopez work on the defensive end. he had to guard NOBODY today. he was fresh on offense. moose wouldve made him have to defend and move around, both offensively and defensively. i knew Antić was gonna be the kroy beirmann of the hawks, a scrub that the coach sinks the ship with........

teams are NOT rotating their centers out to the perimeter to defend Antić's 3 point shot because they know he isnt consistent with it. they rotate a forward over to guard him, giving their center a rest in the blocks......same thing every game....

Edited by atlhawks1

That's my thing. The hotlantas and frank whites and "bonkers" only come out cause they want someone to complain to. Come on dudes.

You don't know anything about me. I didn't complain once during the regular season. I've been a Hawks fan for over two decades. But when I have to hear from naysayers during a 60 win season, all season long, "Wait until the playoffs and then you'll suck," and we come out like this against a mediocre at best Brooklyn team?? I'm very disappointed and completely justified in feeling pissed off.

• Like 1

I hope we trade Teague before the deadline next year. Flame me if u want, Dennis is the future and i'd like some more length.

I absolutely agree.  Teague should definitely be traded...we gotta pick one.  Dennis is 21.  Think of Teague when he was 21 (now 26, 27 in June).  

Dennis is the future.  Teague has a great contract and is coming off an All-Star season.  His value is bloated due to that and the fact that he plays in our system.  Trade him in the offseason imo.

Dennis will be a superior (not to mention younger) player than Teague within two years.  Neither is a natural shooter, but I'd bet that Dennis's career 3PT% will end up being better than Teague's. 

• Like 1

You don't know anything about me. I didn't complain once during the regular season. I've been a Hawks fan for over two decades. But when I have to hear from naysayers during a 60 win season, all season long, "Wait until the playoffs and then you'll suck," and we come out like this against a mediocre at best Brooklyn team?? I'm very disappointed and completely justified in feeling pissed off.

Don't worry man their nothing but punks who think if ur not suppose to criticize the Hawks

Really man?

Yea really. Either do something to make me stop or SHUT THE HELL UP TALKING TO ME

• Moderators

I can come in here whenever i want to u chump

U got a problem with that then do something about it

Next comment like this and you won't be coming around here.

No threats are going to be tolerated.

• Like 2

what im talking about is making lopez work on the defensive end. he had to guard NOBODY today. he was fresh on offense. moose wouldve made him have to defend and move around, both offensively and defensively. i knew Antić was gonna be the kroy beirmann of the hawks, a scrub that the coach sinks the ship with........

teams are NOT rotating their centers out to the perimeter to defend Antić's 3 point shot because they know he isnt consistent with it. they rotate a forward over to guard him, giving their center a rest in the blocks......same thing every game....

What are you talking about.  I have seen Lopez guarding Pero at the 3 pt line many times in this series.  Pero faked and drove for a layup today vs Lopez.  I have also seen him pump and drive for a dunk and use the pump for 3 FTs vs Lopez in this series.  

Pero has played much better through the first 3 games than he did in the regular season.

If you want to call someone trash, you should be yelling at Horford and his 14/39 FG through 3 games.

Horford 3/4 from the line.  Pero 8/10.  Pero has been more aggressive than Horford and that's clearly a problem.  Horford relies on his midrange shot far too much and it's not falling.

Edited by JETSET
  • Like 1