• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This may be a positive

DJlaysitup

This may actually work out in our best interest in the long run.  We have a three game series now with NJNs...pressure that the new guys to the playoffs have never felt before...and we still have the home court advantage.

Dennis obviously needs more playoff experience (and maybe some coaching), and a few others need the work (and coaching).

Let's say we win in 7 games against the Nets...we still get a days rest and go into the next series against Washington at 0 - 0.  Yes, just because the Wizards won in 4 doesn't mean they get to start out against us with an advantage - we still have the home-court advantage and it's still 0 vs 0.  Survive and advance.

Plus - extra games for the chat-room.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us winning this series in 7 - then the next one in 6 - then all bets are off for the ECFs.

Just my humble opinion.

GO HAWKS !!

..and hit your free throws !!

Agreed, I feel like we goofed on both games we lost. Bud is too dependent on the bench.

Yeah Mackn...playing a 10 man rotation type thingy is a double edged sword.  It's great for the regular season - if you have the players who can actually do it - but when it comes down to the playoffs and other teams say to their big dogs "this is why you are here - you are getting 40 minutes"...that means your 2s are going against their 1s for some time.

I don't know if Bud can adjust.  Other teams seem to play their top players longer and then give them days off...but they still expect longer minutes from their top guys when they are playing.  It kind of gets them in a "sync" that when it's time to go - you go 42+ minutes. 

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Moderators

Brooklyn isn't a bad team.  They actually were on a 50-win pace after the Thad Young deal and had a top 5 record post-ASG.  It is unfortunate for the Hawks because if any team that was a possibility to upset the Hawks in that 8th seed, it would be Brooklyn.  So now we don't get a lotto pick from them and they may very well knock us out in the first round.

Plus, I'd rather our Hawks have rhythm going into the next series if we make it instead of accumulating rust. Bud rested players during the season and every time the player came back rusty.

• Like 1

Are we gonna make a topic each time the Hawks lose?

Yes Alex...oftentimes new threads are created depending on the outcome of recent games. 

It's kind of what we do around here...it's a talk forum for how the Hawks are doing. :^)

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1

Are we gonna make a topic each time the Hawks lose?

Trying to sugar coat these losses is gonna get old fast.

You can be disappointed with the team losing and still recognize the potential for it to work out in the long run. We've gone 7 games twice as an under-.500 8 seed and both times our opponents went on to win their next series, with Boston obviously going all the way. We may crash and burn and lose this series in 6 games, but I'm not going to jump off of the ledge before the team even gets eliminated. 

• Like 4

Truth be told, I don't think we have a chance at a title this year. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think we can touch GS, or San Antonio, or Memphis. But damn, I wanted us to go out playing Hawks basketball at its best. I wanted the rest of the world to see what this team can do, and they've been a borderline embarrassment so far. Very disappointing.

So I hope they kick each other's asses the next couple of days and get their ish together. Please don't just be like the same old damn Hawks.

Truth be told, I don't think we have a chance at a title this year. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think we can touch GS, or San Antonio, or Memphis. But damn, I wanted us to go out playing Hawks basketball at its best. I wanted the rest of the world to see what this team can do, and they've been a borderline embarrassment so far. Very disappointing.

So I hope they kick each other's asses the next couple of days and get their ish together. Please don't just be like the same old damn Hawks.

Don't worry as long you have coach Bud and Danny Ferry, Hawks have a bright future.

Truth be told, I don't think we have a chance at a title this year. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think we can touch GS, or San Antonio, or Memphis.

I disagree.  If we get there we have a "punchers chance"...obviously not a favorite but you never know.

You sneak out a win on their court and hit your shots at home and who knows?  We have beaten most of the top teams in the West already. cheers.gif

I disagree.  If we get there we have a "punchers chance"...obviously not a favorite but you never know.

You sneak out a win on their court and hit your shots at home and who knows?  We have beaten most of the top teams in the West already. cheers.gif

Back in December and Jan. That team is gone though.

Memphis or SA would scare me more than GS if we get that far.  We just don't have a starter with the size downlow to handle teams like those in a long series. Marc Gasol/Zach Randolph would probably sexually abuse us on the interior and have to be charged with some type of a crime. 

• Moderators

This is playoff basketball regardless of which conference it is and who we are playing. The Heat and Pacers would have given us a fight and although the Cavs swept the C's, Boston didn't just fold over and die and had many 7 and 8 point leads in those games. Playoffs are brutal and more of a mental test than a physical one. We were actually unlucky to be matched up to Brooklyn in the first round cause if any team could pull off the upset in that 8th seed, it would be the Nets.  We all want so bad for this team to succeed..

• Like 1

Currently the only positive is us having homecourt in the east. The later half of the season those same old Hawks struggles on the road (that we've been used to) showed its face again. We just cakewalk when we get a lead and never put the team away. Up by 12 and we just go sloppy. That coupled with the fact that Pero is pulling a Josh Smith and NEVER using his size to an advantage. watch the next game he's always sitting on the 3 point line when he should be down low pulling offensive rebounds. 

This series will go 7.

Edited by ChipShot

• Moderators

I'm realizing now that the NBA will never let us into the finals this year.   We'd have to have blow out wins to get us there and those days appear to be gone with this team.  Hopefully we get our mojo back and take this series.   

I agree with the Title part.  We have no chance of beating a GSW or SAS in a 7 game series.

Making it to the Finals would be more than enough for me.  I just want to keep Lebron out of the Finals.  He seems to get a cakewalk to the Finals every year.

• Like 1