• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The solution for when the Hawks jumpers are not falling.........

atlhawks1

No the solution is to continue doing what works....ball movement!

BALL MOVEMENT!!!

BALL MOVEMENT!!!

BALL MOVEMENT!!!

do you guys not realize that those 2nd half shots (most) just weren't good shots to take! There were no extra passes....the ball barely moved...no one cutting....no penetration from Teague!

We win on offense based on efficiency, moving the ball, and as a team....none of that happened in the 2nd half.

Hawks simply just need to be more discipline about doing what works for them. This game wasn't a matter of not having a star, it was a uncharacteristic, very uncommon selfish one on one play in the 2nd half that caused the team to decline.

I'm more pissed off that we lost due to not playing Hawks basketball....also they got very passive in the 2nd half as if the game was over like the wiz were just going to lay down because they are the number 1 seed.

But no worries, all this can be fixed and it will be.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 4

No the solution is ball movement and p....driving to the basket

Bingo....maybe next time it gets stagnant the crowd can start yelling MOVE THE BALL, MOVE THE BALL, MOVE THE BALL

Lame? Probably so....Helpful? Maybe (shrug)

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2

Did this thread really come up while we're in the middle of a second round series?

We've been here before....now I lost a couple minutes out of my life because of this thread.  Thanks.

It came up in the 1st round series too.

Yeap, and even the talking heads on 92 the game said just today that millsap should be moved for a big like marc gasol. My suggestion was dwight howard. Keep hiding in the one dimensional offense that is the hawks.

Jump shooting is NOT gonna win a nba championship. The spurs won because Duncan, who can play in the post, was surrounded with jump shooters. When Howard was with Orlando, the magic were feared because they surrounded Howard with jump shooters. Like Charles Barkley keeps saying over and over, its easier to make layups and dunks, over jump shooting. When the shots arent falling, the Hawks lose. 

Washington just destroyed the Hawks on the board also. People keep thinking we gonna win a championship without a post game. Chicago is the better team also because of their post play with Gasol and Noah. Its gonna be a Chicago vs Golden State ( bogut) final.........

Edited by atlhawks1

Yeap, and even the talking heads on 92 the game said just today that millsap should be moved for a big like marc gasol. My suggestion was dwight howard. Keep hiding in the one dimensional offense that is the hawks.

Jump shooting is NOT gonna win a nba championship. The spurs won because Duncan, who can play in the post, was surrounded with jump shooters. When Howard was with Orlando, the magic were feared because they surrounded Howard with jump shooters. Like Charles Barkley keeps saying over and over, its easier to make layups and dunks, over jump shooting. When the shots arent falling, the Hawks lose. 

Washington just destroyed the Hawks on the board also. People keep thinking we gonna win a championship without a post game. Chicago is the better team also because of their post play with Gasol and Noah. Its gonna be a Chicago vs Golden State ( bogut) final.........

I didn't watch all of the game, but I don't think losing the rebound battle 54-52 qualifies as being destroyed. Yesterday you saw a team that ran out of gas after half time. It happens.

• Like 1

Please explain how we are one dimensional? 

People keep saying that but its not true at all…..it just so happen that those excellent extra passes that are thrown seem to find a wide open man on the perimeter more so than in the paint. That doesn't mean we are a 3pt shooting team…..that means…..DAMN!….These mofos have patience!…..DAMN…..These mofos are smart!…….DAMN!…..These mofos believe in TEAM PLAY!

We aren't one dimensional, we are just that damn good at the extra pass! You can believe that one dimensional bullish*t if you want to or you can believe most teams don't know how to defend us (including the wizards who believes they played excellent defense in the 2nd half).

• Like 1

I wouldn't be quoting suggestions from the fools on 92.9. Those same people were suggesting to start scott over korver.

Wash outrebounded us by 2 and we had more offensive. Wow, such dominance.

Golden St is about to win a title as a jumpshooting team.

• 3 weeks later...

I am very pleased that our team made it to the ECFs.  Going 6-9 1/2, 6-8, 6-7 (pre-DMC injury) was very impressive.   Especially so since none of our bigs are real "sky-walkers".

Heck - we would be middle of the road at best (size-wise) in most top 5 College conferences...and a few mid-majors.

We are a very small team as far as NBA teams go. 

Simple as that.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Problem is ...Paul Millsap is an unrestricted free agent next year - so is DMC.

Much as we all love them and may expect them to return (and maybe take less money) - this is their big payday.  Both would be morons to take less to stay with us.  Sap has a couple years' left to get a WC team further and DMC is a serious target for any team. with real money.

Bud's "system" is effective but it looks like it is taking players (who do well) and just getting them further in their careers.  We are becoming a "farm team" for the teams that will pay for Bud's coaching.

Edited by DJlaysitup