• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Wizards GAME 3 (5 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

That's why you put in your bigger defenders like Carroll to match up better in case of a switch.

Budenholzer is another Bobby Cox.

I've seen almost nothing impressive from him in these playoffs. Another regular season coach... Just like what the Hawks had before. Nothing has changed.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

You never foul with 10 seconds left when the other team is in the bonus and the game is tied.  No one does this.  I don't even understand the logic behind this at all.

This is about the FEEL of the game. Thats what a head coach, ESPECIALLY in basketball, is suppose to have. Bud letting his bench STAY in the game was the right move, THEN, he went back to his starters by bringing  Korver non shooting self back into the game, then, compounded it by not throwing conventional strategy aside and letting his BENCH take the last shot. I wouldnt have cared if Washington made both free throws. The feel of the game is you want your bench, which has SHOCKED the Wizards at the other end, to have the last shot with a 3 point attempt. The hawks bench earned that. No one wouldve questioned bud doing that.

Edited by atlhawks1

I can't believe we came back from 21 points down with 9 minutes in the 4th to tie the game and then let Pierce take the last shot for them. You triple team him if necessary to make sure he can't take the shot. Unreal they let him get that shot off.

Budenholzer is clearly the greatest rip off coach of all time!

I wanna get excited about the comeback. I wanna believe that we are finally playing to our offensive abilities. Unfortunately, all that happened with our main guys on the bench. It's hard to know what to take from that 4th quarter. I think that Dennis has to play more. Maybe run with two pg's for an extended time. We need to get to the rim more since our shots aren't dropping.

• Premium Member

So we'd have an outlet in case of a steal.  He's the fastest player on the floor so it makes sense.  

Dennis played fantastic defense, the best that could be asked of him in that situation.  Bazemore is always slow at decision making, so I think DMC should have been in instead of Bazemore.  

Lineups aside, a double was absolutely necessary after the absolutely necessary switch.  

Dude...You don't worry about trying to get a steal under those circumstances, you just want to get a stop because the play is most like going to be an iso play with a last second shot.  You need length to contest shots!

Edited by Peoriabird
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

"Carroll took himself out."

I'm sorry... But I thought the coach decided who plays and who doesn't play.

Dude...You don't worry about trying to get a steal under those circumstances, you just want to get a stop because most like going to be an iso play with a last second shot.  You need length to contest shots!

We didn't need the length, we needed a trap.  Have Schröder in is risky, but the play went perfectly, except for the LATE double by Baze.

Watch the replay:

http://streamable.com/80lm

• Premium Member

This is about the FEEL of the game. Thats what a head coach, ESPECIALLY in basketball, is suppose to have. Bud letting his bench STAY in the game was the right move, THEN, he went back to his starters by bringing  Korver non shooting self back into the game, then, compounded it by not throwing conventional strategy aside and letting his BENCH take the last shot. I wouldnt have cared if Washington made both free throws. The feel of the game is you want your bench, which has SHOCKED the Wizards at the other end, to have the last shot with a 3 point attempt. The hawks bench earned that. No one wouldve questioned bud doing that.

You don't stop making the right move because of the "Feel" of something.  You make the right move every time and hope for the best.  Even if we won the game (Which would be doubtful considering the circumstances), I would be questioning Bud for making such a reckless decision.

You don't stop making the right move because of the "Feel" of something.  You make the right move every time and hope for the best.  Even if we won the game (Which would be doubtful considering the circumstances), I would be questioning Bud for making such a reckless decision.

The FEEL is why bud let his bench STAY in the game after they brought the Hawks back. The FEEL shouldve let the bench take the last shot. Paul Pierce and the Wizards were very happy they got to take that last shot after being shell shocked by the Hawks bench.

• Premium Member

The FEEL is why bud let his bench STAY in the game after they brought the Hawks back. The FEEL shouldve let the bench take the last shot. Paul Pierce and the Wizards were very happy they got to take that last shot after being shell shocked by the Hawks bench.

It wasn't the feel that made him leave the bench in.  The starters were completely ineffective for the entire game and the bench had built up momentum like a freight train.  All the stats of the game point to leaving the bench in at that point.

But why am I arguing with someone who thinks we could/should trade for Dwight Howard?

• Like 2

It wasn't the feel that made him leave the bench in.  The starters were completely ineffective for the entire game and the bench had built up momentum like a freight train.  All the stats of the game point to leaving the bench in at that point.

But why am I arguing with someone who thinks we could/should trade for Dwight Howard?

Somebody still wants Howard? lol

• Like 1

I see Memphis out there giving Golden State a hard time because they got a FRONT COURT that can dominate, unlike the Hawks....... Anthony Davis dominated the Hawks the last time the Hawks played New Orleans.  Memphis bigs dominated the Hawks the last time they played.  Lopez running wild up in Brooklyn, Gortat looking like Patrick Ewing mixed with Tim Duncan today. Horford and Milsap are both too small for their positions.  Even Bud knows that and i GUARANTEE you they gonna look to break up this Horford, Milsap front court. Its coming, even if it means giving Tavares a shot at making the roster next year.

Edited by atlhawks1

• Moderators

lol...no wonder they lost......

You found a typo and have no response to the substance of the post? Every shooter in the nba shoots less than 50% from 3. Every shooter who would handle the ball in that situation shoots a ton higher from the ft line. That puts us in a position to lose the majority of the time while a contested iso play misses the sizable majority of the time. They don't miss 100% of the time, though, which means we could still get unlucky and lose in regulation. That is what happened. You live with that.

The real problem is letting a WAS team without Wall get that lead. We should win by a good margin against this Was team if we want to contend.

Edited by AHF
  • Like 3

To be honest i've always felt we overacheived with this being the second year under Coach Bud. Irregardless of how I feel, f*** this team.

Hey dont give up yet, i think Hawks getting to many expectations including winning a champion this year just because they got 60 wins and had a 19 winning streak this season. Even if hawks get eliminated in the playoffs, they can keep continue building and improving from this season to next season. 

• Like 3