• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Negativity and Panic

ThomasCredle

To all the Hawk fans freaking out declaring this series over after today. Please calm down. The Wizards played lights out and Atlanta had 4 truly retched quarters and barely win both games. Milsap will be healthier Monday, Dennis should get more minutes, Muscala and Scott will take a lot minutes from Pero. I also just can't see Korver, DMC, Teague, and Milsap struggling from three this bad consistently. One of them at least will have some hit games over the next four.

Hawks will be highly motivated in game 4. Hawks will be healthier, I have faith in coach Bud to adjust the switches on defense. Also, Scott, Muscala, and Bazemore should all play more minutes. Moose helps counter Wizards size, Scott will stretch their bigs if he keeps shooting like today. Dennis looked like he is finally adjusting to playoff intensity. John Jenkins proved he could still be a sniper. Above all Moose should start to take Pero's minutes in a big way. He showed three ball range yesterday and brings energy, intensity, and rebounding the Hawks desperately need.

Milsap will pull Nene away from basket again in game 4 (just like games 1 & 2) and won't get beat to loss balls and make fatigue settle shots healthy. That was really where you could tell he was sick was lack of energy and ability to beat bigger players with quickness and effort. Teague broke out in game three second half and will shot with more confidence in game 4.

Also I think Porter will miss some threes in a couple games for Wizards, PP legs are 37 he will slow some as well. Also emotional hangover from game 3 will weigh on Wiz for game 4. If Paul Pierce did aggregate (highly unlikely damn cry baby BITCH) shoulder it may bother him in game 4. I also don't think that Bynum can give them 4 more games like yesterday, there's a reason he was available on a ten day contract. Sessions is a turn over machine and a streaky shooter so Beal has to handle the ball set the offense and then work his ass off running after all on defense. That's a lot to ask and he will fatigue in a seven game series being asked to do that much. Probably will try to do to much in a couple games too.

Korver will get a couple more shoots, Muscala will help on the boards, Milsap will be much better, Dennis and Teague will have better confidence, Scott, Bazemore, Moose, and Jenkins could give us another 8 - 12 a game jointly. Pero will hopefully get water for the guys as the come to the bench.

The Hawks played about as bad as a team could for three quarters and did play as bad as a team can play in a qtr in two loses and still barely lost. They will reduce the turn overs, let the bench that is hitting shots carry a bit more offense, Milsap will be back and stronger in game 4, DMC will keep playing great and should start just shadowing PP (That last second shot is where we really missed Thabo)

Hell I would make sure PP gets an MVP invite to to the Cheetah maybe he can get stabbed again!!!!

The wizards have come to play but I really see a Hawk game 4 win and a Hawk game five win. This one may go seven but I like our chances close out at home.

Now Horford has to hit his long twos again and start to blow buy Nene and Gortat. Yesterday the Wiz bigs were giving him those shots and not closing out on Paul either and clogged the lanes which really hindered the drive and dish element to our offense. When Moose and Scott started hitting shots they had to come out in the 4th and Dennis got penetration and offense clicked again.

This series is far from over. Minus a miracle shot and a train wreck in a fourth quarter are all that separates this series from a 3 - 0 Hawks lead.

They got to go now but this series is still very very winnable.

• Like 2

So you are starting a thread to convey this message to like 1 person?

Wow really? You clowns do the sh!t after every loss. If not you, it's someone else in your little tribe of tyrants.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Wow really? You clowns do the sh!t after every loss. If not you, it's someone else in your little tribe of tyrants.

Where are those quotes from multiple posters saying the series is over???

Edited by Peoriabird

I was really just trying to give my thoughts on how this series will go. Maybe the negativity is more my friends on Facebook and in the AJC than here. To any other posters that feel the start of post was over stated chalk it up to frustration and me dealing with a boat load of casual Hawks fans that finally wanted to watch a game with me for a change. To the hard core believers here I'm sure most agree with me.

• Moderators

Keep it friendly folks.

But to respond to the OP, the Hawks have to win the next two games to have a chance at moving on. The Hawks are struggling offensively at the wrong time, so I understand the uncertainty.

I will also say that another second round exit does not mean that this is the same ole Hawks. Coach Bud and this roster deserves more credit than that.

I completely agree with you there PSSS. The next two games are huge for this Hawks team. Psychologically this team needs to reassert and put some doubt in the Wizards. Game four as in almost all series is pivotal an Atlanta win I feel good coming home for game 5 a loss and I could see a game 5 collapse. One thing we haven't seen from this team is there mental toughness with their back to wall and historically we know the Hawks have struggled. These are not your same ole Hawks so they may surprise but Bud better have the boys ready to play like game 7 on Monday night.

I completely agree with you there PSSS. The next two games are huge for this Hawks team. Psychologically this team needs to reassert and put some doubt in the Wizards. Game four as in almost all series is pivotal an Atlanta win I feel good coming home for game 5 a loss and I could see a game 5 collapse. One thing we haven't seen from this team is there mental toughness with their back to wall and historically we know the Hawks have struggled. These are not your same ole Hawks so they may surprise but Bud better have the boys ready to play like game 7 on Monday night.

Yeah game 4 is a must win. I have no doubt they can't win game 5 in ATL.

• Premium Member

Being upset fans and uncertainly is earned by the lack of play on the Hawks part in this series. The Hawks have been lazy and showing no effort until the second unit came in the last game. Live by the jumper and die by the jumper rings very true in the NBA playoffs where the game changes to more of a grind, just look at the Warriors. Our starters have to go to the basket when the jumpers are not falling.

But no, the uncertainty is certainly warranted.

• Like 1