• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Interesting Comparison...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Last night, Stephen Curry's 33 points, 5 assists on 50% shooting made him the legitimate MVP.  Great Player.  Game stopper.

While... Jeff Teague's 26 points, 8 assists on 45% shooting barely got him a pat on the back.  In fact, Hawks fans don't really appreciate Jeff?

What does Jeff have to do to be respected in Atlanta?  Does he have to get a Washington Fan to give him a High 5??  I'm just floored by the guys who think that 33 and 5 is so so much better than 26 and 8?  I'm just saying.

• Like 2

Last night, Stephen Curry's 33 points, 5 assists on 50% shooting made him the legitimate MVP.  Great Player.  Game stopper.

While... Jeff Teague's 26 points, 8 assists on 45% shooting barely got him a pat on the back.  In fact, Hawks fans don't really appreciate Jeff?

What does Jeff have to do to be respected in Atlanta?  Does he have to get a Washington Fan to give him a High 5??  I'm just floored by the guys who think that 33 and 5 is so so much better than 26 and 8?  I'm just saying.

Problem is that he's been too inconsistent in the playoffs. One moment he looks like a player that no one can stop from attacking the rim, the next moment he's not being aggressive enough. I was happy with the game he played yesterday, but what will make me truly estatic is knowing that he'll continue that level of play for the rest of the series and beyond.

• Like 2

Problem is that he's been too inconsistent in the playoffs. One moment he looks like a player that no one can stop from attacking the rim, the next moment he's not being aggressive enough. I was happy with the game he played yesterday, but what will make me truly estatic is knowing that he'll continue that level of play for the rest of the series and beyond.

I don't think Jeff's on the same level as Curry, but to Diesel's point, Curry's struggled this series big time.  He hasn't shot it well and hasn't exactly been a quality facilitator for his teammates.  Because of his regular season, people are giving him a pass.  

• Like 1

I don't think Jeff's on the same level as Curry, but to Diesel's point, Curry's struggled this series big time.  He hasn't shot it well and hasn't exactly been a quality facilitator for his teammates.  Because of his regular season, people are giving him a pass.  

I dont see people giving curry a pass for his poor shooting, since he was given the MVP trophy he has faced alot of criticism for his poor play in those 2 losses against the grizzlies.

• Moderators

Context matters to the narrative.  Curry was the regular season MVP which banks him credibility as a potential SUPERSTAR.  Probably even more important is the difference in overall playoff performance:

Curry 2014-15 Post-Season Average

29.0 ppg, .581 TS%, 6.6 apg, 4.8 rpg

Teague 2014-15 Post-Season Average

14.9 ppg, .475 TS%, 7.7 apg, 3.2 rpg

That is a big gap.  So while Curry struggled for a few games and faced criticism for that, he has been significantly more productive than Jeff -- especially as a scorer which is the single thing a basketball players can do to get the most positive press.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

You say that as if Curry hasn't been inconsistent in the playoffs?

• Premium Member

Context matters to the narrative.  Curry was the regular season MVP which banks him credibility as a potential SUPERSTAR.  Probably even more important is the difference in overall playoff performance:

Curry 2014-15 Post-Season Average

29.0 ppg, .581 TS%, 6.6 apg, 4.8 rpg

Teague 2014-15 Post-Season Average

14.9 ppg, .475 TS%, 7.7 apg, 3.2 rpg

That is a big gap.  So while Curry struggled for a few games and faced criticism for that, he has been significantly more productive than Jeff -- especially as a scorer which is the single thing a basketball players can do to get the most positive press.

What about in the second round?

Anyway, it's not about putting Teague on the MVP level.  It's about the amount of respect that Teague gets.  He's not even respected in Atlanta.

You say that as if Curry hasn't been inconsistent in the playoffs?

There's still no excuse for him either. If you were selected as an all-star, I'd expect for you to play at that level most of the time. I can't sit here and continue to believe that Teague's play up until this point is going to lead us to the promised land. Same goes for Curry as well. At the end of the day, I just want to see Teague give maximum effort all the time. Anything short of that is simply unacceptable.

• Premium Member

There's still no excuse for him either. If you were selected as an all-star, I'd expect for you to play at that level most of the time. I can't sit here and continue to believe that Teague's play up until this point is going to lead us to the promised land. Same goes for Curry as well. At the end of the day, I just want to see Teague give maximum effort all the time. Anything short of that is simply unacceptable.

Either... as in Jeff has no excuse???

Didn't we watch Jeff Roll his ankle twice in the Brooklyn Series, yet he continued to play??

Our Hawks have played while Hurt.

Jeff's Ankle, Al's Finger, Paul's Shoulder and Flu    Yet... we hold these guys up to the "allstar standard".  OK. I  see.

Either... as in Jeff has no excuse???

Didn't we watch Jeff Roll his ankle twice in the Brooklyn Series, yet he continued to play??

Our Hawks have played while Hurt.

Jeff's Ankle, Al's Finger, Paul's Shoulder and Flu    Yet... we hold these guys up to the "allstar standard".  OK. I  see.

Chris Paul pulled his hamstring in Game 7 against the Spurs. He's now putting that team on his back to finish off the Rockets.

Mike Conley has a broken face, but it isn't stopping him from playing lock down D on our league's MVP.

If they can be aggressive from tip-off to the final buzzer, what is stoping Teague? If last night's game was snippet of what is to come from Teague here on out, I really like our chances at winning the title.

the clips and grizz can always use new fans.

Chris Paul pulled his hamstring in Game 7 against the Spurs. He's now putting that team on his back to finish off the Rockets.

Mike Conley has a broken face, but it isn't stopping him from playing lock down D on our league's MVP.

If they can be aggressive from tip-off to the final buzzer, what is stoping Teague? If last night's game was snippet of what is to come from Teague here on out, I really like our chances at winning the title.

Curry was good in the first series. Grizzlies tend to specialize in taking out certain opposing players very well. Curry certainly is an MVP over that flopping homeless skirt wearing one.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

• Premium Member

Curry was good in the first series. Grizzlies tend to specialize in taking out certain opposing players very well. Curry certainly is an MVP over that flopping homeless skirt wearing one.

Paul Peirce?