Official Game Thread: Hawks - Wizards GAME 6 (7 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Just got to watch the game tonight. Intentionally stayed away from all electronics and sports media until watching. Wow!!! Such a fitting ending to the series. Great team win as always. And so glad Pierce had defeat pulled from the jaws of victory for the second straight game!

Edited by Jdawgflow
  • Like 1

Amazing how some of the regulars haven't posted after last night. I always thought some people prefer the Hawks to suck because they prefer the misery. Haven't been proven wrong yet.................................

Amazing and fortunate. Hopefully they stay far, far away.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

Kent Bazemore after the win:

Posted by

Atlanta Hawks

on Saturday, 16 May 2015

• Moderators

The Atlanta Hawks are moving on to the Eastern Conference Finals after their 94-91 Game 6 win! Paul Pierce nearly sent it into OT in the final seconds but his miracle shot was waived off.

Posted by

Bleacher Report

on Friday, 15 May 2015

• Like 3

• Moderators

I didn't want to say anything during the series for fear of some kind of breakout game but Nene and Gortat are not cutting it for the Wiz.  I never wanted anything to do with either of those guys.  Not that they are bad by any means but if Wall and Beal had a decent frontcourt they'd be a helluva team.   If I were the wiz i'd be loading up two dump trucks with money and start heading toward Demarre and Sap's houses right after we win the championship.  (They'll send them away of course and sign with the Hawks)

• Moderators

"Feelings... nothing more than, feelings..."

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

"Feelings... nothing more than, feelings..."

~lw3

I can understand how they feel but the reality is that we beat them 3 straight, twice with Wall in the lineup, Wall showed no more ill effects from the injury to his off hand than Teague's ankles or Horford's broken finger on his shooting hand.   So I don't see Wall's injury as a good excuse for why they couldn't beat us in games 5 or 6.   Wall should be looking for upgrades at the 3 and 4.   I wasn't totally convinced before but Beal / Wall is a serious backcourt.  If they upgrade the other starters watch out.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Cool, I heard Austin Daye thought the Hawks should have won the series in 4.

Sorry Beal, you took the lead in the series and lost three straight. Most of us felt like we should have beat the Pacers last year but you have to actually win games to advance unfortunately.

• Like 1

<script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>

The Atlanta Hawks are moving on to the Eastern Conference Finals after their 94-91 Game 6 win! Paul Pierce nearly sent it into OT in the final seconds but his miracle shot was waived off.

Posted by
Bleacher Report
on Friday, 15 May 2015

Lol i didn't expect that finisher!

• Like 1