• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Windhorst: Atlanta is not an intimidating environment

NBASupes

Atlanta is not an intimidating environment.  Why?

That's easy.  In the past, in Atlanta, When "The King" visited, he had more fans

in the stands than the Hawks did. 

That may have changed somewhat.  However, don't be surprised if it happens

even now.  Atlanta still has a lot of fans who believe 100% in "The King!"

But, we now have some Hawk fans now who may show up for the playoffs!

Despite the subtle jab, I think he was very complimentary of the Hawks.

I sat down and watched the last game against Cleveland on LP last night; Kevin Love was a monster that game. He is not there. Demarre Carroll is truly a junkyard dog against LeBron. 

If I've learned anything about Atlanta sports, its that 'next year' is not a given. The 2012 Falcons can say that. We've got as good a shot as ever to beat a run-down Cavs team and take advantage of a home court in which has been vastly underrated around the league. 

• Like 2

Honestly, I hope the Cavs go with thhat 4 wing offensive set.  I think that plays well into our team's strengths.  Remember how well Paul defended Melo last season?  He's not like most 4's where he doesn't have the quickness to match LeBron.  He certainly can match his physicality.  Both Irving and Smith are weak defenders so that means we'll have mismatches at both guard positions.  Shumpert vs. Carroll is a wash for us on offense but a net gain on defense.  Al can draw Mozgov away from the basket so you negate his rim protection.  

As clueless as Blatt has been about coaching, maybe I shouldn't have laid all that out for him to read here.  He might change his gameplan. 

Agreed with Hots he looks like Jonah Hill. Agreed he loves Mickey D's. I gotta admit the mcRib is pretty good. I'm happy that thing is seasonal...

Boo Lebron. In the past there's always been waaaaay to much cheering for Lebron. That $hit better not happen this time.

I think everyone forgets that there are a ton of LeBron fans in Atl.

Yeah, that's the problem. It won't be as bad as previous seasons (I was there for the 47/12/8 game...), but there are still going to be noticeable cheers whenever LeBron does anything. Especially if the Cavs are ahead. 

• Like 1

Lebron makes Windhorst go...

13WyzhGG4TRsbu.gif

In his pants. Never seen somebody ride a guys jock so hard. Love the Jonah Hill reference!

The iron chef of pounding vag....lol

• Moderators

Well, it's definitely not a Chicago, Philly, Memphis, or Detroit where you fear for your safety as a road fan or team. But as for fans that get loud, Atlanta is good for that this season and will come out a rock the Philips. Nobody is intimidated to play at the Oracle, Quickens Loans Arena, or Toyota Center either.