• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DMC could command 15 million

capstone21

Is harrison barnes gonna be a free agent? No way warriors can pay him what he deserves.

He has two years left on his contract. 

The Hawks should go after Jordan of the Clippers if Gasol is staying. Would be sweet vengeance  since Paul didn't think about signing with the Hawks.

Jordan isn't leaving LAC, they said they will pay him to stay. Atlanta wants to pay Sap but have been quiet about Carroll. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

I'm not that shcoked.

Why?

3 and D guys are becoming hugely valuebale to this league. A solid defender at SF gives you more depth on the perimeter or paint. Plus, DMC is a great shooter and is willing to drive to the basket.

Dude got chewed up by Joe Johnson and LeBron had his way with Carroll. No way do you pay him 15 million a year.

Dude got chewed up by Joe Johnson and LeBron had his way with Carroll. No way do you pay him 15 million a year.

He's been our leading scorer and the only consistent player this postseason so yes you do pay him. Plus, a strong postseason performance doesn't earn you $15M, he'll be getting north of $10M and will be worth every penny.

He will easily (and deservedly) get a Nicolas Batum type of contract, 4 years 45 million. I think resigning him will be our priority in the offseason.

I think the Hawks could live with something in that range with the cap boost coming up.  Teague/Horford are still a decent bargain but it really probably depends on if they go for a true center and resign Milsap. 

He's been our leading scorer and the only consistent player this postseason so yes you do pay him. Plus, a strong postseason performance doesn't earn you $15M, he'll be getting north of $10M and will be worth every penny.

I agree he should be kept but going after a better scoring/play making wing that can create when we go on long scoring droughts like we have this post season should be a bigger priority.

If DMC gets away I'd go for Corey Brewer who has a player option at 5 mill but likely will opt out. Reunite him with Horford.

Corey Brewer can't shoot though. He's stopgap at best and doesn't really fit. He's a better Bazemore. 

I agree he should be kept but going after a better scoring/play making wing that can create when we go on long scoring droughts like we have this post season should be a bigger priority.

I think resigning DMC should be the first priority, we don't have enough wing depth as is. I think adding to what we have instead of replacing would be better. I have no problem with going after a playingmaking wing, we'd have to move Korver to the bench which would be ideal. It'd just add another role to the many roles we have on this team, but can they also replicate DMC's role? DMC is the glue of this squad, sounds cliche but his impact can't be found in the box score.

I think resigning DMC should be the first priority, we don't have enough wing depth as is. I think adding to what we have instead of replacing would be better. I have no problem with going after a playingmaking wing, we'd have to move Korver to the bench which would be ideal. It'd just add another role to the many roles we have on this team, but can they also replicate DMC's role? DMC is the glue of this squad, sounds cliche but his impact can't be found in the box score.

This worries me. Without DMC, we are stuck with Thabo and a mid 1st pick who ain't gonna be ready Day 1. We are going to have to look for quality trades. Most of the good SF's are restricted and will be matched. This sucks. 

Corey Brewer can't shoot though. He's stopgap at best and doesn't really fit. He's a better Bazemore.

Ya his shooting is the biggest concern. But DMC also couldn't shoot a couple years ago. I just think Brewer is such a tenacious defender. I still am not understanding why the Rockets aren't sticking him on Curry full time.

So, ownership is just going to cap this team on what it already has? Big bucks for both Carroll and Millsap? 

The east will not be this weak again most likely... So expect dimishing returns in the future.