• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Delly from a Cavs fan perspective

WeiWang

So first off I'd like to say this has a been a good hard fought series and you guys have been playing really well even missing basically 3/5 of your starting lineup.

My question is why did are you guys so angry about Delly?

I don't think Horford should of been ejected at all, (flagrant 1 at best)

But watching the replay over and over, Horford dragged delly backwards and down into his body, i mean, was Delly suppose to fall forwards? I actually agree the Bulls series that what Delly did on Gibson should of resulted in a suspension but in this case, Horford essentially pulled Delly towards and knee and got mad when he fell on it. So I don't really understand why the big outrage.

yeah I mean I don't really get it, like I'll give you that the refs basically helped the Cavs win game 1, espically during the third quarter.

But how exactly was Delly being dirty, Horford had him in a kelly olynik armbar pulling him backwards, so I didn't get how exactly did Hawks fans expect him to fall?

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/al-horford-ejected-for-dropping-the-peoples-elbow-1706712015

Horford didn't dragged Delly, it was clearly that Delly kept leaning toward to Hordford's leg, like he did to Korver. If Horford did dragged Delly, Al Horford wouldn't get mad and react in the first place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mJFIfXazSw

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

I'm watching the samething you are, look at the replay from the side, what exactly what Horford doing with his arm before the fall? Theres a difference in being tangled up and dragging someone backwards so they can't get the rebound. Also, you're making the assumption that Horford wouldn't get mad because he think he would of "deserved it" if he was dragging delly? Like I said earlier, I don't think Horford should of been ejected at all, but people have to seperate playing hard with playing dirty. Theres also alot of fans that think Patrick Beaverly injuried Westbrook on purpose too.

I'm watching the samething you are, look at the replay from the side, what exactly what Horford doing with his arm before the fall? Theres a difference in being tangled up and dragging someone backwards so they can't get the rebound. Also, you're making the assumption that Horford wouldn't get mad because he think he would of "deserved it" if he was dragging delly? Like I said earlier, I don't think Horford should of been ejected at all, but people have to seperate playing hard with playing dirty. Theres also alot of fans that think Patrick Beaverly injuried Westbrook on purpose too.

[url=http://postimg.org/image/cfvi66lmz/full/]%7Boption%7Dhttp://s17.postimg.org/wahjsb0un/imag

Edited by AHF

If you think Delly wasn't trying intentionally roll over Horford ankles, then go ahead stick what you've just said, i respect ur opinion. But for me, it was clearly Delly trying to do the same thing to Hordford like he did to korver last game.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

okay fair enough, good thing Al didn't get hurt. If it makes you guys feel any better, we're going to get destroyed by GS anyway so at least we saved you guys from another 3 weeks of painful basketball experience.

• Premium Member

and this is what happens when you try to start any serious debate with hawks fans i guess   : /

Oh well best of luck to your team, you guys are 1 or 2 pieces away from the finals.

The poster who posted those pictures probably isn't a Hawks fan at all as you can see by the join date. Don't take it personal. His stay here will be short. Oh, and Delly is a dirty player at worst or a reckless player at best. The results are the same so it's hard to tell. He put Korver out of the Playoffs and beyond and could have easily done the same to Horford tonight so he gets no sympathy from me. I'm sure you guys absolutely love him but you can't honestly expect for anyone here to feel the same. 

The poster who posted those pictures probably isn't a Hawks fan at all as you can see by the join date. Don't take it personal. His stay here will be short. Oh, and Delly is a dirty player at worst or a reckless player at best. The results are the same so it's hard to tell. He put Korver out of the Playoffs and beyond and could have easily done the same to Horford tonight so he gets no sympathy from me. I'm sure you guys absolutely love him but you can't honestly expect for anyone here to feel the same.

Wasn't Horford the guy that basically ended TJ Ford's career with a dirty foul. Sounds like he likes to hit small point guards. Real tough guy.

Here's my problem with him. Watch most every other NBA player going for a loose ball, they go head first sliding. He always goes in rolling like a barrel. Dirty or reckless you make the call. But until he takes out a superstar he is free to play rugby in the NBA. He barrel rolled into Bazemore last night too. Don't wish no injury on anyone but if they dont fix how this guy goes after loose balls someone is going to take him out.

Only other scenario I see is when he is no longer playing with the Lebrons then the NBA will see him gone.

Edited by snake88usa
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

The bottom line is that while Delly seems to go hard at it, I think he is also an opportunist.  To me, looking at the Horf clip, Horf is trying to push Delly off of him and Delly is launching himself into Horf.  When I look at the Korver clip, it seems like Delly whips his body in the opposite direction of his momentum to roll up on Korver's leg. It's dirty play.  He's a dirty play.  Even later in the game last night, when he took a knee to the face, you see him grabbing our player's calf.  I'm sure that he won't see many minutes if you all play GS because it would be too many lights watching him.

• Like 2