• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are you guys sure we don't need to take a Powerforward in the draft?

Blunt91

Seeing as how Tristan Thompson has had his way with us during the conference finals I think we need to be concerned about rebounding.  I think we are thinner at the 4 than at the small forward or shooting guard postion.  Muscala is too thin and weak and may never developed the strength needed to battle in the paint.  Pero is too flat-footed and can't get the rebounds, Millsap doesn't have the length. I would love to get some of the "sexier" picks like Winslow, Oubre and maybe Dekker but they are not going to help us in the paint.  Stanley Johnson is the only none powerforward who I could see helping us in the paint and potentially matching up with Lebron in size and strenghth.  We would still be decent next year with Bazemore, Carrol and Thabo mannig the wings.  Lamar Patterson could possibly fill John Jenkins spot.

With DMC a free agent, Thabo recovering from surgery as well as Kyle - it has gotta be a wing player.

If you are looking for just a rebounder type Reggie Evans will be a FA.

• Moderators

Positive. Muscala will be a Dirk Lite coming off the bench, especially if we bring Tavares over from Euro league. Let Millsap walk, pickup a center (Jefferson, Monroe, Chandler, Gasol, LMA) to move Horford to 4, and we'd have a great PF/C rotation.

C - FA pickup/Horford/Pero/Tavares

PF - Horford/Muscala/Scott

SF - DMC/Thabo/Korver/Bazemore/Scott

SG - Korver/Bazemore/Thabo/DMC

PG - Teague/Schröder/Mack

Would be awesome if Millsap would be okay with a backup role, but that isn't likely. And there is no rule that says that the defensive anchor has to be a center...

Positive. Muscala will be a Dirk Lite coming off the bench, especially if we bring Tavares over from Euro league. Let Millsap walk, pickup a center (Jefferson, Monroe, Chandler, Gasol, LMA) to move Horford to 4, and we'd have a great PF/C rotation.

C - FA pickup/Horford/Pero/Tavares

PF - Horford/Muscala/Scott

SF - DMC/Thabo/Korver/Bazemore/Scott

SG - Korver/Bazemore/Thabo/DMC

PG - Teague/Schröder/Mack

Would be awesome if Millsap would be okay with a backup role, but that isn't likely. And there is no rule that says that the defensive anchor has to be a center...

@PSSSHHHRRR87 OMG I was just thinking about a back up role for Sap, wondering if Bud can convince him to take on the Manu 6th man role (unlikely).

Still don't want Al Jeff, lol.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

@PSSSHHHRRR87 OMG I was just thinking about a back up role for Sap, wondering if Bud can convince him to take on the Manu 6th man role (unlikely).

Still don't want Al Jeff, lol.

Golden State has $27 mil sitting on their bench between David Lee and Andre Iguodala, so we could pay Millsap $10 mil to come off the bench... But not likely.

• Like 1

Golden State has $27 mil sitting on their bench between David Lee and Andre Iguodala, so we could pay Millsap $10 mil to come off the bench... But not likely.

I would pay Sap up to $12 million to come off the bench.

The Hawks management better be concerned with rebounding. The Spurs this year were good and the Hawks near the bottom. If the Hawks come back with the same team it doesn't improve rebounding. The option is to move Horford to power forward and get a center or a player that can play both. I like Sap but he just isn't a go to guy in the playoffs. Right now Teague is the best go to player on he team at crunch time. 

I have seen some mocks having the Hawks take Trey Lyles from Kentucky. If the Hawks resign DMC and can sign someone at shooting guard (free agent) then maybe it would be a good move. Not sure how good Lyles is at rebounding but something needs to be done to fix the problem.

Seeing as how Tristan Thompson has had his way with us during the conference finals I think we need to be concerned about rebounding. I think we are thinner at the 4 than at the small forward or shooting guard postion. Muscala is too thin and weak and may never developed the strength needed to battle in the paint. Pero is too flat-footed and can't get the rebounds, Millsap doesn't have the length. I would love to get some of the "sexier" picks like Winslow, Oubre and maybe Dekker but they are not going to help us in the paint. Stanley Johnson is the only none powerforward who I could see helping us in the paint and potentially matching up with Lebron in size and strenghth. We would still be decent next year with Bazemore, Carrol and Thabo mannig the wings. Lamar Patterson could possibly fill John Jenkins spot.

I think Devin Booker will be gone by our pick, so I would take Bobby Portis; he fits this team like a glove and most of his weaknesses are due to lack of strength. If you could design a big for our offense and defense I think it would be alot like him; with more explosiveness.

It really depends on what we are doing to do in free agency. If we are going to sign a big then I would go wing, but both positions have to be addressed because alot of our rebounding and defensive wows were due to our guards and wings not being able to stop dribble penetration one on one which caused our bigs to be out of rebounding position.

I would try to sign Wesley Matthews, draft Portis, and bring over Walter Tavares.

Edited by ATLien_