• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Top FA Target?

BraveSeminole

• Premium Member

Why? Bad ownership? Not a contender?  Mediocre coach?

Why not?

Some of you guys are just used to being Debbie Downers from the previous years of failure. We are the #1 team this offseason if a star/superstar wants to make it to the NBA Finals next year.

Good grief I never said it was bad.  I was responding to several posts on the board about getting Gasol, Aldridge, and those type players.   It did work out for us obviously.   Im just saying we will not sign these type players.

• Premium Member

That's not true.  The Hawks have pursued the big name free agents every year but none have wanted to join an unproven program.

We have a much better shot of making a big splash this year than any other.

We shall see.  Ferry was very successful not signing CP3 and D12.   The only problem we seemed to have was low post in the paint but we made it to the ECF.   I dont see that mindset changing this offseason.

That's not true.  The Hawks have pursued the big name free agents every year but none have wanted to join an unproven program.

We have a much better shot of making a big splash this year than any other.

Agreed (now that Ferry's gone spiteful.gif ).

We shall see. Ferry was very successful not signing CP3 and D12. The only problem we seemed to have was low post in the paint but we made it to the ECF. I dont see that mindset changing this offseason.

CP3 didn't do the Free agent tour, he resigned immediately with LAC.

D12 gave DF a cursory visit probably because he didn't want to look back tosome Atl folks. Without DF I doubt D12 would have even had us on the list.

• Premium Member

I understand why people are skeptical about our ability to sign a big name guy. I have my doubts too. It's really one of those things you'll believe when you see it.

That said, if these players are smart and want to win they'd be foolish to not consider us. We are a team on the rise and have a great coach. Last year a lot of us felt the same way because we knew our record didn't tell the full story of what we had with coach Bud and his system. Now we have the results to prove it works and hopefully that is what brings some of these top names here, assuming we go that route.

• Like 1

I understand why people are skeptical about our ability to sign a big name guy. I have my doubts too. It's really one of those things you'll believe when you see it.

That said, if these players are smart and want to win they'd be foolish to not consider us. We are a team on the rise and have a great coach. Last year a lot of us felt the same way because we knew our record didn't tell the full story of what we had with coach Bud and his system. Now we have the results to prove it works and hopefully that is what brings some of these top names here, assuming we go that route.

I definitely agree it's just one of those things you have to see it to believe it like you said but I will say that I am going to be crushed if we are overlooked again.

I mean we look legit for once and even though it's been off of just one season you have to look at the east as a whole because the conference is so weak. Put a star on the Hawks and we are back at the ECF for sure. But if these stars look past us this time I just don't believe Atlanta will ever get a star unless they trade for him or develop one.

That's the NBA for you...."unbalanced as hell" franchises have to tank just to have a chance to get a reliable player.

• Premium Member

CP3 didn't do the Free agent tour, he resigned immediately with LAC.

D12 gave DF a cursory visit probably because he didn't want to look back tosome Atl folks. Without DF I doubt D12 would have even had us on the list.

Howard was never going to sign here period, and heck most of us are glad he didnt.   Are you saying that the Hawks are going to sing a major free agent?  Im a Ferry fan and supporter but he isnt coming back I dont think.   

Howard was never going to sign here period, and heck most of us are glad he didnt. Are you saying that the Hawks are going to sing a major free agent? Im a Ferry fan and supporter but he isnt coming back I dont think.

Oh, I know Howard was never ever signing here. I'm saying if Sund was still the GM I doubt D12 even stops by for a visit.