• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Top FA Target?

BraveSeminole

Why LMA over Gasol?

I will ask why Gasol over LMA? LMA has an inside game , mid-range and hit threes. Let's not stop there! He can create his own shot with needed and can completely take over a game offensively. He boards pretty well too.

Gasol plays good D but does not have the ability to put a team on his back like LMA can when needed. Honestly there is not much an argument

Edited by IheartFerry

Laugh. Out. Loud.

Nobody is coming here. Our top free agent signing will be Kosta Koufus or something lame like that.

• Like 1

Laugh. Out. Loud.

Nobody is coming here. Our top free agent signing will be Kosta Koufus or something lame like that.

Maybe, I am just overly optimistic but it seems like the Hawks have made a lot of positive changes lately which I would personally think could attract some quality FA's?!

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I hear you and respect the answer... if we're speaking one-on-one, I agree LMA by most measures has an edge... but in the context of OUR system, I just think Gasol is the one who is a better fit. When you add a dominant scorer like LMA to the mix, it's not hard to imagine the offense running through him, if only by incremental gravitational pull. And yeah, where Gasol has an almost-certain edge is on defense, and I just really value that part. Can't go wrong either way, truly, but my preference is for the Spaniard.

• Premium Member

Laugh. Out. Loud.

You probably are right. But if you are, it won't be for the same reasons that it used to be the case.

I still think when all is said and done, Sap and DMC will be back. I'm thinking Sap on a 2 year $16m/yr deal, the second year having a player option. I'm thinking DMC will get a 4 year $12m/yr deal.

Other than that, maybe we'll add someone with the mid-level exception, and of course, the #15 pick.

No top 5 free agent will sign here. It will be a no name player like Sap or Carroll before. The Hawks are using the philosophy of signing 2nd tier free agents.

Which is a very smart philosophy, it's gotten us this far in a short span. The big prizes this year don't excite me anyway.

I'm not sure Jimmy and Kawhi have the personalities and intangibles to give a max to even if they're available. Same with Gasol and Aldridge: the first thing that comes to my mind at their mention is "finesse". Damn near everyone on our team was finesses besides Junk.

I can't with sound mind and soul approach the 20 million they're asking when Mozgov has a team option for 5 million. Hell f&@k no. The Brow is worth them both and likely more open to the possibility of coming to build a lasting program instead of chasing a ring. I've told the board numerous times over the years about these max frauds they salivate over, finally there are no more CP3 and Dwight. Gasol and Aldridge aren't dogs who can carry you like Westbrook or Davis, the only realistic targets I'd max. Let's be patient.

Love both dudes to death, but Sap and DeMarre gambled on themselves signing for peanuts here. They hit the jackpot, let them collect it elsewhere with non-contenders if they like, but we cannot continue with this undersized front while paying a premium for it. A year of work with the staff could have Jae Crowder as the second coming of Junk for half the price. Edy and Moose make Sap expendable for the long term at least, moving Al to his desired position as well.

We need moldable, two way players with length. Bud can manufacture a solid jumpshot for those who don't have it within a year (looking at you Gerald Henderson).

Jeff just isn't a championship level competitor or defender IMO, I have regular dreams about Teague+ for Conley and Koufos. I'd welcome a look at any of these cats:

Gerald Henderson

Patrick Beverly

Wesley Matthews

Glenn Robinson

Iman Shumpert

Alexi Shved

Al Faruq Aminu

Jae Crowder

Kris Middleton

Moose

Ajinca

Not a FA, but I've always been intrigued by Shabazz Muhammad with good coaching on a good team.

Edited by benhillboy

Which is a very smart philosophy, it's gotten us this far in a short span. The big prizes this year don't excite me anyway.

I'm not sure Jimmy and Kawhi have the personalities and intangibles to give a max to even if they're available. Same with Gasol and Aldridge: the first thing that comes to my mind at their mention is "finesse". Damn near everyone on our team was finesses besides Junk.

I can't with sound mind and soul approach the 20 million they're asking when Mozgov has a team option for 5 million. Hell f&@k no. The Brow is worth them both and likely more open to the possibility of coming to build a lasting program instead of chasing a ring. I've told the board numerous times over the years about these max frauds they salivate over, finally there are no more CP3 and Dwight hopes. Gasol and Aldridge aren't dogs who can carry you like Westbrook or Davis, the only realistic targets I'd max. Let's be patient.

Love both dudes to death, but Sap and DeMarre gambled on themselves signing for peanuts here. They hit the jackpot, let them collect it elsewhere with non-contenders if they like, but we cannot continue with this undersized front while paying a premium for it. A year of work with the staff could have Jae Crowder as the second coming of Junk for half the price. Edy and Moose make Sap expendable for the long term at least, moving Al to his desired position as well.

We need moldable two way players with length. Jeff just isn't a championship level competitor or defender IMO, I have regular dreams about Teague+ for Conley and Koufos. I'd welcome a look at any of these cats:

Gerald Henderson

Patrick Beverly

Wesley Matthews

Glenn Robinson

Iman Shumpert

Alexi Shved

Al Faruq Aminu

Jae Crowder

Kris Middleton

Moose

Ajinca

Not a FA, but I've always been intrigued by Shabazz Muhammad with good coaching on a good team.

I agree. Let's just be patient, not overpay and ride the course. 2016 could be the time for us. Out of your list I love Beverly and Wes Mathews...lil worried about the injury to Wes though. Beverly is a defensive pitbull if we were to get rid of one of our pg's. Having said that, I love our pg's :-)

No top 5 free agent will sign here. It will be a no name player like Sap or Carroll before. The Hawks are using the philosophy of signing 2nd tier free agents.

Why? Bad ownership? Not a contender?  Mediocre coach?

Why not?

Some of you guys are just used to being Debbie Downers from the previous years of failure. We are the #1 team this offseason if a star/superstar wants to make it to the NBA Finals next year.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I will ask why Gasol over LMA? LMA has an inside game , mid-range and hit threes. Let's not stop there! He can create his own shot with needed and can completely take over a game offensively. He boards pretty well too.

Gasol plays good D but does not have the ability to put a team on his back like LMA can when needed. Honestly there is not much an argument

My only problem with LMA is Portland had to bring in Robin Lopez to play center for them because LMA is like Horford - has a center's body but prefers playing PF. Gasol is a legit 7 foot center and plays excellent defensively and has a shot out to the perimeter.

With that said, I'd be happy with either and believe we'd be legit Finals contenders as long as LMA or Gasol with Horford is our front court. Big improvement over 6'8" Millsap.