• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I can't wait until Jason Terry gets traded !!!

JTFan31

Yea I said, I cant wait till JT gets traded out of Atlanta. Is the best thing that can happen to HIM, and worst thing that can happen to us. I cant wait till he lands with a good NBA coach and he makes JT exploits his ablities and skills and JT starts playing the game that I know he is capable of playing with a good NBA coach. Dont you guys see the problem here, the problem here is Stotts coaching. Even Kruger was a better coach than Stotts.

• Premium Member

Me neither.

Atlanta can't get better until JT leaves. Since we have had JT, we have done nothing but LOSE. Look at the amount of personnell we have spent trying to match his "Skill"

Email, BK, JV, Toni, Diaw....

All these players were brought in to help JT.

Yeah, I can't wait til JT gets traded... For your sake, I hope he goes to either:

Seattle with Brent Barry.

Phoenix with Joe Johnson and Penny.

Denver with Andre' Miller.

Houston with Stevie Franchise.

Miami with Lamar Odom.

Or somewhere that has either a pointforward/SG that can run the offense or to a place that has a big enough PG that can play defense on other SGs. Otherwise, you will see the same problems.

• Admin

I know many have said it over the last few years and taken quite a big of flack for it too.

But really, is JT worth jumping through so many hoops just to "give him the right cast". Basically, is he worth building around. Because that's what it all boils down to. We're trying to build around JT. Is he truely good enough to warrant that?

Honestly, I don't think so. At one point in time, I would have said [censored] YES. But after seeing him completely regress from last year, I'm not so sure.

ESPN insider listed JT as one of our players that other teams covet. If that's really the case, we should be able to move him for some talent. I say that if our management isn't exploring those options, they need to be fired.

No, Jason Terry is not good enough to constantly try to put the right players around him. He's simply not a smart basketball player.

The post is probably long gone by now, but I stated back when the Hawks matched JT's 3 year deal that Billy Knight gave the Hawks an out. The fact that he didn't get a long term contract shows the Hawks weren't confident enough in his ability as a point guard to make a long term investment in him. Billy Knight was smart when doing this. I feel Pete would have given in and gave JT the long term deal.

Dan Dickau isn't as quick or as fast as Jason Terry is, but Dan Dickau is smarter, just as good of a shooter, and has the court vision Jason Terry lacks. I want to see Dickau get more minutes.

We might as well play Dickau but not with JT. Vaughn& JT get burned every night with the mini me backcourt. I like Dan cause he can shoot and isn't afraid to thread the needle for a open player. It should be like this. Terry plays with Diaw and Dan Dickau plays with Dion Glover. Glover and Dickau played well together during the summer league games why not pair them backup together. Vaughn needs to have his minutes reduced.

• Premium Member

It wasn't Knight that Constructed JT's deal, it was O'Conner. Utah didn't feel confident enough in JT's ability as a PG to offer him a longterm deal. All Knight did was wait until Utah made the offer and matched it. The question is if Utah would have given JT a 6 year deal, would Knight have matched?? Nobody knows.

• Admin

After all the "we need to resign JT" talk that was thrown around by everyone in the Hawks org, Knight was smart to sit back and let the market set the price. Had he jumped right in, offered a 5-6 year absurd deal, we would be handcuffed even longer.

Instead he let Utah tell us, JT and the world exactly what JT was worth at the time. The deal they signed him to was not bad and is not over the top for a player like JT. It's a good deal for him.

But JT needs to go to a team that is established. A team that has stars, has a set way of playing. One that he is forced to either fit in or die, so to speak. He's not good enough to build around.

Blunt, you're right. I think Dickau and Glover would be the best option. Vaughn's minutes need to go down. He's getting assists, but he's also passing up a lot of open shots. While passing off is getting him these assists, it also costs us about 6-8 points per game when he passes up an wide open shot to get an assist, and the other guy misses. Dickau and Glover did play quite well with each other in the summer league, and their chemistry helped the whole team do well. Had Dickau not had the achilles tendinitis, Vaughn wouldn't be here and DD and JT would probably be splitting time 20 minutes to 28 minutes, respectively. Let Dan play. I know he's better than Vaughn. He just needs to look. Sometimes I doubt Stotts can see that far down the bench, though.

If Dan and Travis could find their shots I would love to see what they could do, throw in Diaw at SF, with Reef and Theo and at least you would have the most energetic unit the Hawks can field on the floor. Obviously this only works if Travis, Dan and Boris can shoot a little.

Given the fact that the Hawks can't win with the vets - i.e., Terry, Glover, Jackson, Vaughn - in the game, why not try the young guys. At least they will hustle, try and play defense, etc.

• Premium Member

Again, you have to draw the line on what Knight could and couldn't do.

I think that once the offseason started, Knight couldn't do anything.

The Grob trade was given to us by the Knicks. Layden made that deal work.

The JT signing was given to us by Utah. Utah could have signed for a longterm deal and I'm sure we wouldn't have matched.

The Jackson and Nailon signing were so cheap that nobody cared. However, remember the big talk that Knight did in the begginning... Odom, Maggette... I think Kasten told Odom that unless AOL OK's it, its not getting done.

To an extent, that's where we are now. I don't expect any significant moves until the new owners take over. Knight is just a figurehead. Fielding calls and playing mindsweep.