• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks plan to promote Mike Budenholzer, Wes Wilcox; part ways with Danny Ferry.

pimp

I'm in agreement with you that Ferry Put together a very good cast of players and they were healthy for most of the year.

However,

Bud made the team a family.

Bud inspired guys like Sap and DMC to improve their Game.

Bud mentored Teague into being the next Tony Parker.

Bud allowed bench guys to get lots of developmental minutes on the floor.

Bud put together an offensive gameplan that makes our biggest weakness into a strength.

Ferry's best move was hiring Bud.

35284521568bb37ed2.gif

So if Ferry did nothing wrong, why didn't he fight harder for his job? Remember folks, this was a self imposed exile, not a suspension by the team or the league.

If you're so innocent, why not fight? I'll tell you why. Because he lacks humility, a trait that A-Holes do not posses.

The humility to come out in public, say he was wrong, and get the entire franchise over all of this as quickly as possible.

Instead of facing the music and defending himself, or letting everyone see that he was truly sorry, he goes into hiding. A-Holes do not like to be publicly humiliated or admit in front of the world that they were wrong.

And despite the law firm not finding anything on record inappropriate, he may have had conversations with others within the organization that could be seen as inappropriate. And those people may not have told on Ferry, to save their own butts.

Most of all, Ferry thinks he's the smartest in the room. So if a reporter would've asked him ..."What made you read that report about Deng to your owners, and why didn't you just say that Deng is viewed as being deceptive" .. it would've forced the "smart guy" to admit on air that he did something incredibly unprofessional and stupid.

He didn't fight for his job, and no one in that organization truly fought to bring him back. There has to be a reason for that.

People are usually judged by their job performance AND by the content of their character. If flaws come about in any if these areas, the people who employ you may lose confidence in your overall abilities. And if these people simply don't like you and your personna, that may spell major trouble.

2efcf3b4a41df31c855ca40fe8c5a767.jpg

Its funny how people are blind to things that smack them right in the face. Ferry sunk his own boat and did nothing to try and plug the holes. I'm pretty sure he knows he screwed up, but like all egotistical a-holes, he refuses to admit it. That's a dangerous trait for the leader of an organization. And this is why most companies put their potential leadership candidates through rigorous psychological testing.

Ferry's done as a NBA GM, and he knows it. That's why he took the large sum of money and ran off like the coward he is..

Hand down.. Man down..

• Moderators

Its funny how people are blind to things that smack them right in the face. Ferry sunk his own boat and did nothing to try and plug the holes. I'm pretty sure he knows he screwed up, but like all egotistical a-holes, he refuses to admit it. That's a dangerous trait for the leader of an organization. And this is why most companies put their potential leadership candidates through rigorous psychological testing.

Ferry's done as a NBA GM, and he knows it. That's why he took the large sum of money and ran off like the coward he is..

Hand down.. Man down..

We'll never know for sure how much Ferry pissed people off.

What we do know for sure is that Gearon and Levenson had a power play going on and Ferry was in the middle of it.  Levenson removed Gearon as the main owner and replaced Gearon's pawn (Sund) with a GM that didn't answer to Gearon.

How much was Gearon ever going to like Ferry under those circumstances?

I will not be surprised to see Ferry resurface elsewhere in NBA management.  He took the money in Atlanta because he was done as the GM here because the new owners wanted to go a different direction.  That was inevitably going to end up in a buyout so how do we decide he is a coward for agreeing to a buyout that is more than his contract was worth?  He couldn't  have sued and gotten back in as GM.  His best case remedy would have been the buyout specified in his contract for a "not for cause" termination.  He ended up with more than that.  The ASG ended up with the sale going through clean.  The new owners ended up not having to deal with the Ferry situation.  This was the cleanest outcome for everyone.  

Hand down.. Man down..

Adam-Sandler-movie-gameshow-host.png

• Like 3

The owners got a clean slate and we possibly get a higher-quality yield in the draft, he got some extra coin and his name cleared by a fancy firm. With all his highly-respected connects and support he's gotten from NBA alum he'll have another gig in no time. Win-win for both sides.

Edited by benhillboy

Hand down.. Man down..

Speaking of things smacking people in the face:

Ex-Hawks GM Danny Ferry tells @USATODAYsports: "I made a mistake. I take full responsibility for that. But I’ve learned a lot."

Retweeted by Sam Amick

Ferry again reiterated that the scouting report on Luol Deng came from a third party, but took full responsibility for "repeating the stereotypes."

The owners got a clean slate and we possibly get a higher-quality yield in the draft, he got some extra coin and his name cleared by a fancy firm. With all his highly-respected connects and support he's gotten from NBA alum he'll have another gig in no time. Win-win for both sides.

I hope you're right about higher quality draft picks, but we have no evidence that suggests that will be the case.  I like Coach Bud, but I'm not clear on making no trade deadline moves, while the Cavs made out like bandits.  Just think how good we would have been with Mozgov, Shumpert and JR Smith or some combination thereof.

Edited by Watchman

Speaking of things smacking people in the face:

Ex-Hawks GM Danny Ferry tells @USATODAYsports: "I made a mistake. I take full responsibility for that. But I’ve learned a lot."

Retweeted by Sam Amick

Ferry again reiterated that the scouting report on Luol Deng came from a third party, but took full responsibility for "repeating the stereotypes."

When was there ever a news conference explaining his side? Thats the point Northcyde and I are making. And I don't see him getting another gm job for that reason. He's a douchebag.

Hand down.. Man down..

When was there ever a news conference explaining his side? Thats the point Northcyde and I are making. And I don't see him getting another gm job for that reason. He's a douchebag.

Hand down.. Man down..

Just for the record, if you could obtain Chris Paul, would you?  (Of course we know that doing so would mean terminating our current coach strictly based on his skin color.)  Why does Chris Paul get a pass but not Ferry?  Point being do you hire/fire someone for their personal views, no matter how inappropriate they might be, or because of their performance?

Edited by Watchman

Hand down.. Man down..

The fact that the ASG didn't release the findings of the investigation at Danny's request back in September leads me to believe they also told him to shut it and not say a word. So what should he do - disobey the bosses and talk.

He issued his statement with his apologies to the guy he offended.

Now he is no longer obligated to the ASG he is telling his side.

Everyone knows how much I don't love Ferry, but I do think the A$G's handling of the situation was .... well, pretty typical of the A$G.

I imagine the new owners came in and say the mess brewing and just decided to cut bait.  I don't even think it had anything to do with conference call-gate.

Now that I think about it, probably the only thing keeping Ferry from suing is the fact that it'd essentially end his career in the league.

Everyone knows how much I don't love Ferry, but I do think the A$G's handling of the situation was .... well, pretty typical of the A$G.

I imagine the new owners came in and say the mess brewing and just decided to cut bait.  I don't even think it had anything to do with conference call-gate.

Now that I think about it, probably the only thing keeping Ferry from suing is the fact that it'd essentially end his career in the league.

Well...that and the fact that both sides signed agreements promising not to make "disparaging comments" about one another.

• Moderators

The fact that the ASG didn't release the findings of the investigation at Danny's request back in September leads me to believe they also told him to shut it and not say a word. So what should he do - disobey the bosses and talk.

He issued his statement with his apologies to the guy he offended.

Now he is no longer obligated to the ASG he is telling his side.

Agreed.  He would have loved to have the ASG sponsored Alston & Bird report released, loved to have the NBA's report clearing him released, and would loved to have had the full tape released where he praised Deng and advocated for the Hawks to sign him.  The ASG then asked him to go on leave into a bubble of silence.  Is any of that not obvious?

• Like 2

• Moderators

Well...that and the fact that both sides signed agreements promising not to make "disparaging comments" about one another.

He can't sue anymore.  The buyout has a waiver provision in it releasing claims against the ASG through the date of the release and the non-disparagement clause where both sides agree not to air the dirty laundry of the other side.  You aren't going to see Ferry sit down and give his perspective on what was going on behind the scenes with Levenson and Gearon.

(Just for clarification:  I haven't seen the document.  These are my assumptions which I think are extremely probable.)

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

He can't sue anymore.  The buyout has a waiver provision in it releasing claims against the ASG through the date of the release and the non-disparagement clause where both sides agree not to air the dirty laundry of the other side.  You aren't going to see Ferry sit down and give his perspective on what was going on behind the scenes with Levenson and Gearon.

(Just for clarification:  I haven't seen the document.  These are my assumptions which I think are extremely probable.)

Yup.  If'n he wants his money, he gots to keep his trap shut.