What's this? Working out PG Jerian Grant?

sturt

If the Hawks could get Mario or Winslow and trade Schröder I would do it. Use 15 for a point guard.

I love 2 guys most in this draft from day 1...Stan and Hez. We can somehow get them that would be awesome.

I love 2 guys most in this draft from day 1...Stan and Hez. We can somehow get them that would be awesome.

I wonder what kind of market Schoeder would have? How bout Teague? Schröder has alot to learn and right now doesn't seem to have great passing skills which is no1 skill for a point guard. Yes he has one of the best first steps and he'll develop alot more offensively but setting up other players should be the prime skill and not sure if Dennis will be good to great at it.

Stanley nice player but Winslow is on another level. Mario or winslow could give the Hawks a young potential star player who isn't afraid to take the big shot. Its all about match ups and  right now the Hawks have few players that can match up with the Cavs who won't be going away anytime soon.

I wonder what kind of market Schoeder would have? How bout Teague? Schröder has alot to learn and right now doesn't seem to have great passing skills which is no1 skill for a point guard. Yes he has one of the best first steps and he'll develop alot more offensively but setting up other players should be the prime skill and not sure if Dennis will be good to great at it.

I would be very hesitant to deal Dennis. He made great strides in year 2 and he is super young. Honestly, I'd hate to deal Teague also. We haven't had 2 good pg's in Atlanta in forever and we made the ECF without Thabo. I'd say we try for a ring next year and if we fail, then make adjustments. I think Bud is a patient guy but we shall see next week.

• Premium Member

Can't see Budcox dealing Dennis period. Teague's 8 mil? Pretty decent contract. Don't see him going anywhere I'm left to think the thinking is either that Grant can be a legit two (as someone already said) or/and Mack is on his way out.

• Like 2

I think this is more about them looking at a PG/SG combo guard to backup both positions. Which would allow us to move on from Shelvin; or if we are anticipating trading Teague sometime soon. No way are we trading Schröder, probably ever.

But a young combo guard that could serve as both the #3 PG and the #3 SG would help with more roster flexibility.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I think it's a long shot... pun intended... but if this went down, I suddenly think Jenkins might yet have another chance to make good on DF's first draft pick.... needs to be paired on the court w/ a taller PG so the two can guard each other's man. If we trade back, this or Anderson could be the outcome, Imo.

I think it's a long shot... pun intended... but if this went down, I suddenly think Jenkins might yet have another chance to make good on DF's first draft pick.... needs to be paired on the court w/ a taller PG so the two can guard each other's man. If we trade back, this or Anderson could be the outcome, Imo.

I think Jenkins already played his last game for the Hawks.

I would be very hesitant to deal Dennis. He made great strides in year 2 and he is super young. Honestly, I'd hate to deal Teague also. We haven't had 2 good pg's in Atlanta in forever and we made the ECF without Thabo. I'd say we try for a ring next year and if we fail, then make adjustments. I think Bud is a patient guy but we shall see next week.

Not sure when Teague's contract is up(to lazy to look) maybe next yr or yr after. If Hawks still have Teague after next yr that might be the best time to deal him if the Hawks look flat again in the playoffs. Schröder the key with him is can he actually distribute the ball. I didn't see him being to effective in the playoffs. Now will he get better sure but if you want to go far in the playoffs your point guard not only has to score a bit but needs to get all the other players involved. I don't know if that can be learned or it is an innate skill. Anyway if Dennis progresses well he'll need minutes on the court thus I could see Teague traded after net year depending how far the team goes in the playoffs. It's nice to have 2 point guards but eventually both will need time on the court getting starter minutes if Dennis develops.

Edited by thescout5

Not sure when Teague's contract is up(to lazy to look) maybe next yr or yr after. If Hawks still have Teague after next yr that might be the best time to deal him if the Hawks look flat again in the playoffs. Schröder the key with him is can he actually distribute the ball. I didn't see him being to effective in the playoffs. Now will he get better sure but if you want to go far in the playoffs your point guard not only has to score a bit but needs to get all the other players involved. I don't know if that can be learned or it is an innate skill. Anyway if Dennis progresses well he'll need minutes on the court thus I could see Teague traded after net year depending how far the team goes in the playoffs. It's nice to have 2 point guards but eventually both will need time on the court getting starter minutes if Dennis develops.

I agree. Teague has 2 more years left. I think we should ride him another year and a half at least. Up until Feb. 2017 trade deadline. If Dennis is ready for the bulk of the minutes, then move Teague for other pieces. Still a long way to go until then. Unless we get blown away with an offer for Teague sooner.

• Premium Member

I think Jenkins already played his last game for the Hawks.

Me too. Just saying if Grant were drafted... big if... that bringing Jenkins back becomes an option, whereas I don't think it's even on the table w/o that (obtaining a taller PG).

If we're looking at PG's we should just wait too second round and take Andrew Harrison.

At the very least he has and NBA-Ready body and can handle the physicality of the bigger PG's in the league

NBAdraft.net's comments on Grant's size: "From an athletic, size standpoint alone, Grant screams NBA translation ... At 6’5’’, and a mature 205 pounds, he possesses excellent size for an NBA point guard, and if you peg him into an off guard he still has good positional size ... Jerian’s athletic ability and length allowed him to finish at a truly elite clip for an NCAA guard."

• Like 1