• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I Need One of them Young Boyz at the 3!

LastDon

KJ McDaniel, Glenn Robinson III or even Aminu, could be easily had with moderate deals..It would be ideal to not only Resign Demarre but grab one of these talented youngster who we have had all last season to scout.. Free Agency will be very interesting.. Oan thanks Affalo for further deminishing Carroll's value in the market place..

McDaniels was the guy I really wanted in the draft last year. I thought he was a big time sleeper. Many thought drafting him at 15 was too high but I thought he would have been a good choice. I dont think the Rockets will bring him back so I hope we go after him

KJ McDaniel, Glenn Robinson III or even Aminu, could be easily had with moderate deals..It would be ideal to not only Resign Demarre but grab one of these talented youngster who we have had all last season to scout.. Free Agency will be very interesting.. Oan thanks Affalo for further deminishing Carroll's value in the market place..

McDaniel/GRIII wouldn't be bad. Brett Brown coached them.

• Premium Member

My only question about the 2-3 position backups is What are our thoughts on Lamar Patterson?  Do we feel that he could come back and contribute?  I think at the three, if we bring back DMC and we have Thabo, we're OK.  But at the 2, I would like to see us get somebody who can replace Korver in the future.  Patterson, Hunter, ???

I wanted us to draft KJ last year. A lot of you thought I was crazy for having him so high on my board.

My only question about the 2-3 position backups is What are our thoughts on Lamar Patterson? Do we feel that he could come back and contribute? I think at the three, if we bring back DMC and we have Thabo, we're OK. But at the 2, I would like to see us get somebody who can replace Korver in the future. Patterson, Hunter, ???

I feel like we should upgrade Daye, Jenkins,Pero, Brand..I think this year rook gets a spot, Edy should get a spot, one proven Free Agent, and that last spot should be fought out between Lamar and Second round pick..I like Lamar's profile which fit the Hawks philosophy which is liking players who are high character, unselfish, can hit open 3's and average at least one steal or one block..

Lamar would be a great luxury at the end of our bench but say if we get Lebryan Nash in the second round I think he could push Lamar for the spot..

This team here would be a top 3 seed with its perimeter scrappiness..

PG Teague/Dennis/Mack

SG korver/Bazemore/KJ McDaniels

SF Carroll/Sefalosha/Oubre

PF Sap/Scott/Muscala

C Horford/Tavares

15th Patterson or Antić or Lebryan Nash

Oubre and KJ could learn a lot from Carroll and Sefalosha and eventually replace bazemore and Sefalosha in the rotation..

• Like 1

Interesting Metric about Hawks players..Look up the stats Thabo was averaging 1 steal per game when he was acquired.. Bazemore averaged 1spg in his extended minutes with LA prior to being acquired..Demarre averages 1spg..Lamar Patterson averaged 1spg during his time at Pitt..So that's why I think if there are no character issues the Hawks won't pass on Oubre..He has the perimeter D the hawks covet..Jenkins didn't fit Bud's metric so he never cracked the rotation..

Can ANY of them grab 10 rebounds a game????????

I agree with Bud that we really don't have the problems people make us out to have in the paint..DC didn't really expose us..Brooklyn didn't either..Tristan had some success early in the Cleveland series but when we put Horford on him in the ejection game he was neutralized.. Then if we bring in 7'3 Walter Taveres over as an insurance policy we gone be straight in the paint..I think Edy is a better player than Asik right now and Asik has proven to be effective.. Edited by LastDon

I agree with Bud that we really don't have the problems people make us out to have in the paint..DC didn't really expose us..Brooklyn didn't either..Tristan had some success early in the Cleveland series but when we put Horford on him in the ejection game he was neutralized.. Then if we bring in 7'3 Walter Taveres over as an insurance policy we gone be straight in the paint..I think Edy is a better player than Asik right now and Asik has proven to be effective..

Atlanta ranked 28th out of 30 teams this past season in rebounding, but they dont have rebounding issues..................

Robert-DeNiro-Laughing-Awards-Ceremony.g

The Hawks gave Brook Lopez new life in the playoffs. Made Gortat look like a beast...........Mosgov looked like the best center in the game against the Hawks front line, and Tristan Thompson was the seconding coming of Dennis Rodman...........lmao

Edited by atlhawks1
  • Like 2

My list of SG/SF includes McDaniels, I think he is a free agent.

Thoughts on Reggie Bullock from Phoenix, they have a plethora of guards (will have to be a trade though)

• Premium Member

Interesting Metric about Hawks players..Look up the stats Thabo was averaging 1 steal per game when he was acquired.. Bazemore averaged 1spg in his extended minutes with LA prior to being acquired..Demarre averages 1spg..Lamar Patterson averaged 1spg during his time at Pitt..So that's why I think if there are no character issues the Hawks won't pass on Oubre..He has the perimeter D the hawks covet..Jenkins didn't fit Bud's metric so he never cracked the rotation..

I think Hollins-Jefferson is a better on ball defender with a longer reach.  But Oubre may be a better shooter.  Thursday night will be interesting.

My list of SG/SF includes McDaniels, I think he is a free agent.

Thoughts on Reggie Bullock from Phoenix, they have a plethora of guards (will have to be a trade though)

He was a greater shooter in college but Doc gave up on him fairly quick so that raises a red flag..and I don't think he is a great defender..

I think Hollins-Jefferson is a better on ball defender with a longer reach. But Oubre may be a better shooter. Thursday night will be interesting.

Should be very interesting..I think going big would be horrible because Im confident in the increase role of Moose as well as Walter Taveres..I wouldn't even be mad with a wing like Justin Anderson who would be a reach..I jus think that Oubre has the confidence to reach his high ceiling.. In his interview Oubre thinks in his mind that he gone be a super star..Justin Anderson was talking about being a good teammate and role player which is cool but we need to swing for the fences this year..

Somebody said in one of the other threads that Bud was responsible for the kwahi pick..so maybe he won't be as conservative as Ferry and we draft for upside potential..

I like the Deandre Kane signing so I'm kinda feeling Bud's eye for talent..I like Kane in college he was nice but was 24 years old..Hopefully Bud select a wing who is better than Rodney Hood who fell in our lap last year and we took s flyer on..Maybe because of wingspan and not averaging that steal..But Hood came on at the end of last year for Utah and might be better than Payne who was descent in his opportunities with the wolves last year..

Edited by LastDon

• Premium Member

Is this the Billy Knight era relived thread??  How many freaking wings do you think you need on a Basketball team? 10??   We need power players and I'm not talking about the Millsaps or Austin Daye's of the world...Real power players!  You know the ones that don't get dominated by Tristan Thompson and Mosgov? 

Edited by Peoriabird
  • Like 1