• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Great news....we are on Aldridge list!

JTB

I'm not a big Aldridge guy. Like a few have said already, he's still too finesse. And hasn't Al always gotten the best of him head-to-head?

He'll never sniff an All-Defense team, what are you paying max dollars for? His length as it pertains to rebounding and getting his jumper off are the only impressive facets to his game IMO. He shot .466 last year, under 2 assists a game for his career? If he was truly a stud, Portland would've made more noise than they have in his tenure, point blank, no excuses. He's a second or third option and should be paid as such.

Anthony Davis makes all these Bigs look like young prospects. Throw all your eggs in that basket or upgrade the depth with your Bigs and go committee. We can't allow second tier guys who only control one end to hold our payroll hostage. I hated Joe and his contract to death but always shouted him for being solid or better on both ends.

I'm hoping Sap sees the big picture and takes a considerable discount to stay. David West is leaving 4+ this year.

LA averaged 33.5 PPG and 11.5 RPG on 59% shooting against the Hawks this year. So, no he hasn't.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

We did get 2 all Stars to sign here over the last 2 years!

All stars who weren't valued by most teams and came to atlanta only to get their value back up becausethe y couldget  playing time.Now that they have their value back up they won't be giving any bargain deals like before. The list really refers to the elitestar players ones who can make a difference during the playoffs.

Edited by thescout5

• Premium Member

I'm off the Aldridge train.  I have double down on the Millsap Express.

Same Age, Millsap shoots better from distance and Millsap doesn't get nearly as many touches as LA and LA won't get that many touches in our offense.

So why pay LA max money to do what Sap does with better rebounding and more injuries.  He can fit with the Spurs.

Let's get Sap and find a rebounder/Defender to play some spot minutes BU.

I'm off the Aldridge train.  I have double down on the Millsap Express.

Same Age, Millsap shoots better from distance and Millsap doesn't get nearly as many touches as LA and LA won't get that many touches in our offense.

So why pay LA max money to do what Sap does with better rebounding and more injuries.  He can fit with the Spurs.

Sap is undersized and nowhere near as good as LA.

Sap is also not very good in the playoffs.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

You saw what Sap did vs the Cavs got tore up. I am not buying it was all injuries. Yes injuries are always a part of it but Sap was clearly getting outplayed on the boards and wasn't his reg season self scoring. He just can't guard bigger men and this problem won't go away. So you sign a big to play to help with the boards. He'll have to start because the Cavs will keep bringing size on the floor with TT,Mozgov,Varajeo to deal with. Horford was a disappointment also but that is for another thread. I don't think the undersized Hawks will mount a challenge unless they fix the size issue. A part time bench warmer won't fix the problem its got to be a starter.

• Like 1

I'm off the Aldridge train. I have double down on the Millsap Express.

So why pay LA max money to do what Sap does with better rebounding and more injuries. He can fit with the Spurs.

This is a joke right?

• Like 1

From that list:

Spurs

Lakers

Knicks

Mavericks

Hawks

If he actually wants to win, the only choices are us and the Spurs.  Don't give me the Mavs.  Other than Dirk and coach Jim Carrey what do they really have?  Are they better than Aldridge's POR teams which hit a ceiling?  Nope.

You almost want a certain forward to end up choosing another team so the Hawks have to go all-out for LMA.

Do you offer Matthews a big 1-yr, prove-it deal to entice LMA?

Definitely a tricky situation, but that's why GMs get paid the big bux.

ETA: Also, there's about 8 LMA threads right now so ... inb4thalockmerge

It's hard to win out west. I just don't see how his skillset fits in ATL, Millsap can shoot 3s and guard SFs.

Edited by BigDog90