What can we expect from the Hawks tonight?

BraveSeminole

Well, the NBA Draft is finally here!  Just curious on what we can expect (Other than the Unexpected!) from the Hawks tonight.  Do you think there is more of a chance of the Hawks trading up or down (Or, will they stay put) in this Draft? The one move I am hoping NOT to hear tonight is that the Hawks have sold their pick for cash considerations!

Hope they package Scott/15th for the 11th and Stanley Johnson is available there. Or Dekker falls to 15th. Or trade back and get Hollis-Jefferson, Oubre, Anderson, or Hunter.

• Premium Member

I have to be honest here. I always get amped up for Draft night or the start of free agency, but the Hawks seldom ever do anything. I'm hoping they will trade up if at all possible. The Hawks will pick at 15 and trade the two 2nd rounders most likely. Then they will say they will focus on free agency to bring in talent. I don't mean to sound negative, but my expectations are low. I really hope they prove me wrong.

I have to be honest here. I always get amped up for Draft night or the start of free agency, but the Hawks seldom ever do anything. I'm hoping they will trade up if at all possible. The Hawks will pick at 15 and trade the two 2nd rounders most likely. Then they will say they will focus on free agency to bring in talent. I don't mean to sound negative, but my expectations are low. I really hope they prove me wrong.

I really don't remember the last time we moved up. I'm in the same boat as you. Too excited then nothing happens. :-(

It will be a surprise, just like payne was a surprise

Payne was no surprise. Several of us were pounding the table for Payne last year.

I think that if we trade up to #11 we take Booker, Kaminski, or Cauley-Stien.

If we stay put at #15 I think we take Lyles, Hunter, or Anderson.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

IMHO it has a lot to do with Sacramento.

If Sactown folds and give up Cousins for Randolph and #2 (Okafor), then we stay the course and pick maybe one of these guys often mentioned:  Portis, Oubre, Harrison, etc.

IF the Lakers keep the pick and take Russell, I can see us trading for #3.  (Dennis/15).

If we move up to #11.  Strangely enough, I can see us going for somebody unmentioned:  Lyles.

We will see.

Payne was no surprise. Several of us were pounding the table for Payne last year.

I think that if we trade up to #11 we take Booker, Kaminski, or Cauley-Stien.

If we stay put at #15 I think we take Lyles, Hunter, or Anderson.

Ehh I would take Portis over all 3 of those guys at #15. Should be interesting to see if Cauley-Stein falls with his apparent ankle injury.