• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks fans reveal one fact about themselves....

Diesel

I am very good with what we did. Oubre is a project at best. Good size, length, athletic ability but not the shooter/scorer everyone thought he would be coming out of high school. 

We need two things to keep improving:

1-Players who are not afraid to take shots and can create their own.

2-Rebounding

This is one pick, one player, lets keep on keeping on!

• Like 1

I am very good with what we did. Oubre is a project at best. Good size, length, athletic ability but not the shooter/scorer everyone thought he would be coming out of high school. 

2-Rebounding

Pretty much.  I'm so glad we didn't keep that Oubre kid.  B-U-S-T with Corey Brewer as his ceiling.

• Moderators

2-Rebounding

Hardaway is not afraid of taking shots but missed more of them than an average player last year.

He was terrible at creating his own shot. Expanding beyond open jumpers led to that terrible performance in large part.

Even for a guard he is a terrible rebounder.

Not sure how this gets you much of anywhere on 1 or 2.

2-Rebounding

I believe oubre had the best 40 min adjusted rebounding rate of all SFs

• Like 1

Hardaway is not afraid of taking shots but missed more of them than an average player last year.

He was terrible at creating his own shot. Expanding beyond open jumpers led to that terrible performance in large part.

His assisted % was only .528. His 3pt% is .350 and change. His FT% is .81 and he is 23 years old. He did that against NBA Competition, not NCAA. I am saying I like his scoring potential better than Oubre's or anyone else that was left after Booker was taken 13th,

If you are saying he is a finished player at 23, then yea, its a bad trade. I don't think he is finished.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

Yup put me on the court with non passing melo and a chunking jr smith and I too will chunk up shots….

• Moderators

One of the worst in the entire league on defense by every metric.

"If I played with Melo I wouldn't try on D either. Can you believe we didn't have to give up more for this guy? I bet NY was offered lottery picks for him but Bud used his Jedi powers to only have to give up the 19th pick. Now NY has to pay like 10k more this year for Grant while we enjoy that cool 10k in savings and have to pay almost double for THJ going forward. Awesome sauce!"

Edited by AHF

Hawks fans reveal They have never been here before.

Come on Hawks fans, be better than this.

Well, excuse the fans for SEEING the Hawks need rebounding like a dehydrated man needing water.

Excuse the fans for seeing the Hawks werent the same team after the allstar break.

Execuse the fans for knowing DANNY FERRY built the Hawks, not Coach Bud, and thus, are questioning Bud's managerial abilities.........

peacedx7.gif

Edited by atlhawks1

• Premium Member

2-Rebounding

On top of giving us a player who can contribute now or get out the way, we also saved money so that our free agency won't be tight.  ESPN can say whatever, they will be with us when we are winning.

Do you trust Bud or Nah?

• Like 2

1. We have been here before, ATL sports always find a way to blow up.

2. Until proven otherwise last year could easily have been a fluke, not like we proved in the playoffs that it wasn't.

3. I think we all trust COACH BUD, not sure about GM BUD.

• Premium Member

Well, excuse the fans for SEEING the Hawks need rebounding like a dehydrated man needing water.

Excuse the fans for seeing the Hawks werent the same team after the allstar break.

Execuse the fans for knowing DANNY FERRY built the Hawks, not Coach Bud, and thus, are questioning Bud's managerial abilities.........

Do you trust Bud or Not??    If you don't trust Bud, don't stand with him when he's hoisting up the Coach of the Year or the Finals Trophy.

IF this was the end of Free Agency and we had no ability to move... then I might be with you.  But Bud's not done.

As far as Loving Ferry... If Ferry ever becomes a GM in this league again, you may be better served to be a fan of his team.  But if you're going to be a fan of the Hawks, be true to the Hawks... Not true to Ferry.

On top of giving us a player who can contribute now or get out the way, we also saved money so that our free agency won't be tight.  ESPN can say whatever, they will be with us when we are winning.

Do you trust Bud or Nah?

So true man. Every year ESPN says we did not do so well and pick us lower than were we eventually end up. The years we end up 6 through 8, they pick us to miss the playoffs or 8th at best. The years we end up 1st or 3rd, they pick us for 6 through 8. 

They really are slanted to the big market teams or big name teams like Birds Indy team or LMA and Lilliard's Trailblazers and that will never change.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

1. We have been here before, ATL sports always find a way to blow up.

2. Until proven otherwise last year could easily have been a fluke, not like we proved in the playoffs that it wasn't.

3. I think we all trust COACH BUD, not sure about GM BUD.

Sorry Static, I have been a fan almost 40 years, and THE HAWKS have never been here before.

2.  IF you believe that last year was a fluke or could easily be a fluke, you prove my point.   

Our franchise (Atlanta Hawks)  have never been to the ECF in it's history.   Your are very naive if you think you can fluke your way to the ECF.  IF that were the case, why hasn't it happened before?    The truth is to be standing amoung the final four in the NBA, you have to be good... Not Lucky.   Ask the teams who have been there and not been back...  It's not about luck or some fluke.  Space Aliens didn't come down and magically arrange this.  The fact that we took Indiana to 7 two years ago without Horf should tell you that last year's team wasn't a fluke.

3.  Bud the GM and Wilcox, may have something to prove... But At least let them finish what they started instead of Judging them in the middle.  It's like Judging Rembrandt after the first stroke.  Beethoven after the first chord.  Let the master work. Or you can call back Rick Sund and he will do everything you want.

• Moderators

Do you trust Bud or Not??    If you don't trust Bud, don't stand with him when he's hoisting up the Coach of the Year or the Finals Trophy.

IF this was the end of Free Agency and we had no ability to move... then I might be with you.  But Bud's not done.

As far as Loving Ferry... If Ferry ever becomes a GM in this league again, you may be better served to be a fan of his team.  But if you're going to be a fan of the Hawks, be true to the Hawks... Not true to Ferry.

I would trust Pop if I was in SA.  He wanted to keep Hill over trading and drafting Leonard.  I am a believer in Bud but I don't think he is above making mistakes.

Hey Diesel, I think that description doesn't fit most Hawks fans, and the fans who post on forums are not ordinary fans anyway.  We are all wannabee owners, gm's, coaches and players who think we know more than the guys who get paid to do what we would do for free.  I think the main problem is that this group (like most I think) are kind of all or nothing types - win a championship or nothing else matters.  Might as well finish last as second or 3rd.  I also think the playoffs ending so badly (even with the problems we faced) was a bitter pill to swallow for all of us.  Add in a draft night that ends up without a real drafted player and it wasn't what people where hoping for.  

Still - if what we need is a superstar (that's what everyone says) he wasn't there at No. 15 anyway.  If what we need is depth and a little more cap space - we probably got a guy ready to help us a lot sooner, and without all the trips to d-league a real rookie would have needed.  So I'm ok with how it has played out, but also see the reasons for the disappointment that has been voiced.  

And since my name isn't Ressler - it doesn't matter if I trust Bud.  

Edited by Randy

Sorry Static, I have been a fan almost 40 years, and THE HAWKS have never been here before.

2.  IF you believe that last year was a fluke or could easily be a fluke, you prove my point.   

Our franchise (Atlanta Hawks)  have never been to the ECF in it's history.   Your are very naive if you think you can fluke your way to the ECF.  IF that were the case, why hasn't it happened before?    The truth is to be standing amoung the final four in the NBA, you have to be good... Not Lucky.   Ask the teams who have been there and not been back...  It's not about luck or some fluke.  Space Aliens didn't come down and magically arrange this.  The fact that we took Indiana to 7 two years ago without Horf should tell you that last year's team wasn't a fluke.

3.  Bud the GM and Wilcox, may have something to prove... But At least let them finish what they started instead of Judging them in the middle.  It's like Judging Rembrandt after the first stroke.  Beethoven after the first chord.  Let the master work. Or you can call back Rick Sund and he will do everything you want.

Dang dude, you can attack my opinions but you don't have to be condescending about it. I'm glad you've supported the hawks for so long but idk why that means your opinion is better than mine and if YOU'RE going to call me naive and insult me , you should at least spell correctly.

Edited by Static

Hawks fans reveal They have never been here before.

Actually, there are a lot of facts being revealed from the NBA draft.

Let's start with the first and easiest.

1.  They have never been here before.

When was the last time a 60 win team's fanbase cried so much about a midround pick?  Hawks fans are like a poor, uneducated man going to an expensive restaurant.  I'm talking about afro...  As the entrees are served, they are asking for hot sauce.  They are complaining about portion size.  etc.  That's what crying about this first sounds like.

I've said it a while ago, we are going to have to understand that we are a championship quality team now and we have a short window.  No time for Project players.  I guess we have been on the treadmill for so long that having draft parties and hoping the next guy drafting will "Save the franchise" has become our tradition.  We have never been to the ECF.  We have never been the best team in the East.  We have never had 4 allstar players.  So for us, we don't know how to act about our team being successful.  All many of us know (Hots and Afro) is how to lineup in the draft and hope for a star to be born.  Sadly, if you go back over our treadmill days... from 2004 to 2014, we have draft 14 first rounders.  Of those, only 4 guys are still worth talking about. (Teague, Horf, Schröder, and Josh Smith).   Welfare Mentality of Hawks fans.  ... Wishing on the draft.

2.  They think last year was a Fluke.

It makes no difference that last year while we were healthy only three teams were capable of hanging with us...  (GS, Mem, and Chicago).   That means nothing.  We had the 60 wins (could have been more but Bud took off some nights), the 4 allstars, the 5 players of the month, the 17 game streak, The coach of the year (over Kerr and Blatt)  and the ECF appearance and yet... Hawks fans still talk about us like next year we will be bottom feeders.  This is what I call Welfare Mentality.  It's a welfare mentality because just like welfare receivers, it becomes very hard for them to envision life where they are winning.  Oh... I know that has to sting... but read a few threads here.  It's EMFREAKINGBARRASSING.  And we're the fanbase of the ECFinalist?  We're the fanbase of a championship team?  We have people who are crying because we picked a guy who will be ready to play immediately over guys that may have had to learn the ropes?

3.  They don't trust Bud.

2014-2015 coach of the year in his 2nd year coaching.  17 years as Pop's top assistant.  A guy who believes in Analytics and the Eye test.  Hawks fans don't trust the coach that took us to points farther than we ever been.

Some say, I trust him...  Well, if you trust him, what you crying about?  Maybe Bud saw all the personnel that you guys put all your trust and faith in and said, these guys are projects or these guys won't contribute for 3 to 4 years and my window is now.  Maybe Bud saw something in THJr that your stats didn't tell you. The question is simple.  Do you trust his judgement?  IF you don't trust Bud, keep up your crying and maybe we can get Rick Sund and Lon Kruger back.  I mean, I don't recall anybody crying through the Sund years.

Come on Hawks fans, be better than this.

-This team won 57 and 53 games before. People need to stop pretending that this team had never even sniffed 50 wins until the great God Bud came along.

-No, this is not a championship quality team. They only got to the 3rd round because the path couldn't have been easier... And once they got there they were swept. Lebron is going to own the Hawks for the next 4 years.

No, the team is not going to just fall apart because of this draft. Nobody belives that will happen.

People are annoyed by the fact that draft after draft is being thrown down the crapper. All they have to show for the draft is Dennis...

And sorry, but Scott and Moose are nothing special.

• Like 3