• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2015 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

Sorry for the late reply, its been a busy day.

With the 112th pick in the Hawk Squawk Dynasty Draft the Paulding County Blazers select a player limited by a series of non-major injuries last season. One of the purest point guards in the league and a player I expect to have a great season next year on a rising team:

Ricky Rubio

It's rare to find a passer as gifted as Ricky Rubio at the age of 24. He is a player that truly embodies the PG position, share the ball, run the offense, shoot if wide open. Last year he hardly got any time due to constant injuries but I expect his health to improve this year and I have little doubt that he'll have trouble finding Anthony Davis for a lob, a sneaky pass, or whatever we need him to do.

With the 113th pick in the Hawk Squawk Dynasty Draft the Paulding County Blazers select a player I personally dislike. A player that went from a rising star to a bench warmer in a single season. A player who is rumored to be one of the worse locker room presences in the NBA:

Lance Stephenson

Lance...well...I don't think anyone knows what to expect of this guy next year. He was great with the Pacers but he couldn't even make the second string with the Hornets. However despite this, the Clippers bet pretty heavily on him by taking his contract from them and well, if the Clippers are willing to bet that much on him, I'll bet on him to be a competent backup for Korver. Remember when he was with the Pacers? He was pretty solid in those playoffs! He had a lot of triple doubles that season too! Not to mention there was that time with Lebron when he...oh wow! It's 6:00! The summer league is on, guess that concludes the writeup for Lance.

@AHF you're up!

PG: Kyle Lowry, Ricky Rubio

SG: Kyle Korver, Lance Stephenson

SF: Gordon Hayward, Luol Deng

PF/C: Anthony Davis

PF/C Tim Duncan , Omer Asik

Edited by Blazemore
  • Like 4

• Moderators

Ashley is happy because we are grabbing a Cat this time.  

250926-ashley-judd.jpg

After his age 23 season, this player has posted outstanding metrics three seasons running.  He has shown to be a plus defender with his 7'2'' wingspan, a good rebounder and a versatile scorer, capable of going inside and hitting a jumper (35% from 3 last season, right on part with Sap).  We think he has growth ahead of him and that he will get that opportunity playing with our strong frontcourt muscle.  In the meantime, his career 18.7 PER and his .163 WS/48 (on part with his draft-mate Andre Drummond) will play just fine!

With the 114th pick, the U-Niques select:

Terrence Jones

tj3-e1345639986634.jpg

Welcome to the team, young man!

PG:  Tony Parker / Ty Lawson

SG:  Bradley Beal / Mario Hezonja

SF:  Lebron James

PF:  Kevin Love / Terrence Jones

C:  DeAndre Jordan / Jonas Valanciunas

@Nicholasp27 is on the clock

• Moderators

@lethalweapon3 is adding depth to his wing rotation with a young sharpshooter in:

Eric Gordon

uspw_6985390-1361810006.jpg

Gordon has rebounded from most of his injury woes and was elite from 3pt range the last two seasons, hitting roughly 42% from there over 120+ games.  That perimeter shooting is all the more important in a league where teams will be talented enough that every shot needs to count.  LW3 has added one of the elite snipers to his roster.

• Like 1

I need a wing so I'll take a flyer on Otto Porter

He should be a good defensive wing and he can hit the 3...playing under BUD he will take more 3s than the long twos that Wittman loves during the regular season

Teague/Dennis

Middleton

Durant/Porter

Ibaka/Mirotic

Splitter/Ibaka

Coach: BUD

@ is up

Edited by Nicholasp27
  • Like 1

• Admin

I need a wing so I'll take a flyer on Otto Porter

He should be a good defensive wing and he can hit the 3...playing under BUD he will take more 3s than the long twos that Wittman loves during the regular season

Teague/Dennis

Middleton

Durant/Porter

Ibaka/Mirotic

Splitter/Ibaka

Coach: BUD

@ is up

stole my guy

Time for me to draft another rookie and take a chance.

Making Blue Devils everywhere proud I select: Justise Winslow

" width="600">

B9316136499Z.1_20150206123023_000_G7Q9SH

Make me proud boys!

@jy23 is up next.

• Like 1

PG- Russell Westbrook/ Patrick Beverley

SG- Wesley Matthews Jr./ Justise Winslow

SF- Jabari Parker/ Jeff Green/ Justise Winslow

PF- Paul Millsap

C-   Jahlil Okafor/ Enes Kanter

My plan is slowly coming together. You may not fear this team at first, they may not all have the best ratings on 2K, but you should fear the Fighting Jandros.

PF- Paul Millsap

C- Jahlil Okafor/ Enes Kanter

My plan is slowly coming together. You may not fear this team at first, they may not all have the best ratings on 2K, but you should fear the Fighting Jandros.

I think if Jabari and Jahlil step up, you are dangerous as hell.

• Moderators

PF- Paul Millsap

C- Jahlil Okafor/ Enes Kanter

Very young team with loads of talent. Westbrook/Matthews is a great backcourt and Winslow, Parker, and Okafor are great talents. Your team will be great for years after most here begin rebuilding.
  • Like 1

Well dang. I thought I was the big duke fan ok the board but man....@ has pretty much taken the whole squad lol.

But anywho, as I continue to build depth for my squad I'm rolling with JARED SULLINGER. A guy who has continues to develop year after year. Brings good scoring and decent rebounding to our bench. @Alex is up next

• Like 1

• Admin

With the next pick ...

Capstone's Crew selects:

Robert Covington 6'9 SF 13.5 ppg 4.5 rpg 1.39 spg 2.4 3pg

This kid was one of the pleaseat surpries of the season.  He has not had the benefit of having teammates that can command double teams so his 2.4 threes per game were very contested.  Hitting his threes at .374 makes it all the more impressive.  With this stacked team his shooting will only benefit.  He is also excellent at slashing to the basket when someone comes out to challenge him.  With the potential to be a 3 and D guy ... Covington adds 1.4 steals a game and likes to challenge his opposing man.  I see him as a young Trevor Ariza with more size.  His versatlity also allows for him to play SG and even some PF.

This kid's game is growing so fast.

Welcome to the team Rob

PG John Wall / Brandon Knight

SG  Victor Olidipo / Tyreke Evans

SF Chandler Parsons / Robert Covington

PF Al Horford / Al Jefferson

C Dwight Howard / Robin Lopez

@Spud2Nique is up

• Like 1

Dammmmmm you @capstone21

Excellent pick.  Here's an article that I planned on linking with him as my pick after spud. 

http://www.libertyballers.com/the-liberty-beat/2015/1/20/7530229/the-impact-of-robert-covington-floor-spacer

That 70.4% efg% on uncontested shots is ridiculous. 

I'm really ticked that Bud and Ferry missed on this guy last year when he was available to every one.

Edited by JETSET
  • Like 1

• Admin

Dammmmmm you @capstone21

Excellent pick.  Here's an article that I planned on linking with him as my pick after spud. 

http://www.libertyballers.com/the-liberty-beat/2015/1/20/7530229/the-impact-of-robert-covington-floor-spacer

That 70.4% efg% on uncontested shots is ridiculous. 

I'm really ticked that Bud and Ferry missed on this guy last year when he was available to every one.

No worries XXXX XXXX, XXXX XXXX and XXX XXXX are still available ;)

• Like 1

Well dang. I thought I was the big duke fan ok the board but man....@ has pretty much taken the whole squad lol.

Been a fan since I saw a rerun of the '92 game against Kentucky (Didn't know much about basketball or even that it was a rerun). Chose Duke cause my brother liked Kentucky and liked them ever since.

• Like 1

I don't want to interrupt anything that @AHF might have brewin with Ashley, but I feel like I not only need to dip my toes into this rookie class, but also add some perimeter scoring to my team, as well as add my second Wildkitten to my roster. Oh, the reason I'm calling him a kitten is because he's barely old enough to go to a rated R movie by himself or buy cigarettes (please don't smoke). This 6'6" 205 pounder's father also played pro ball. The guy is tearing it up in the summer league and led his team to the finals. He may only be 18 years old, but something tells me that his shooting will be talked about in the near future on the same scale as Korver, Curry and Klay. Without further adieu,

With the 120th pick in the Dynast draft, the Slammas select:

Devin Booker

Ps I wanted the Hawks to get him sooooo badly...:-( But the Slammas fans will love him.

PG- Lillard/Elfrid

SG- Greek Freak/ Devin Booker

SF- Kawhi/ Harrison Barnes

PF- Julius Randle

C- Joakim Noah/ Gorgeous Gorgui Dieng

@JETSET you sir are on the ticker...

Edited by Spud2Nique

• Moderators

But anywho, as I continue to build depth for my squad I'm rolling with JARED SULLINGER. A guy who has continues to develop year after year. Brings good scoring and decent rebounding to our bench. @Alex is up next

Last NBA team to get a pick on the board... the Celtics! Only one other NBA team has just one player picked so far.

~lw3