• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hey Bud! Don't Over Bid Yourself!

LastDon

All that big talk about our hawk players commanding this and that on the open market..Now since free agency is nearing no mention of visits or interest as I expected in any of our players..Hopefully Bud doesn't over bid and lock Sap in 12 mil and Carroll for 8..Offer each players five year deals to show our commitment to them..

• Like 1

All that big talk about our hawk players commanding this and that on the open market..Now since free agency is nearing no mention of visits or interest as I expected in any of our players..Hopefully Bud doesn't over bid and lock Sap in 12 mil and Carroll for 8..Offer each players five year deals to show our commitment to them..

Not like hawks are going to be able to bring in a big name, might as well spend on our own players. 

Why would this team want to spend big dollars on guys like Green and Matthews?  If we resign Carroll then you don't really have room on the wing for either of those two guys.  And both will likely get somewhere between $8-10M per season so that would be a waste considering we are already set at guard and wing for the near future.

• Like 1

I would prefer Millsap and Afflalo who I believe will come a little cheaper than DMC

@Alex Report I saw earlier said Knicks are offering 3yrs/$36-$38 for Afflalo. Edited by JayBirdHawk

Why would this team want to spend big dollars on guys like Green and Matthews? If we resign Carroll then you don't really have room on the wing for either of those two guys. And both will likely get somewhere between $8-10M per season so that would be a waste considering we are already set at guard and wing for the near future.

???

Teague/Green/DMC/Millsap/Horford with Dennis/Korver/Thabo/Moose off the bench

Why wouldn't we want a younger wing to play with and replace our aging wings?

• Like 1

I would prefer Millsap and Afflalo who I believe will come a little cheaper than DMC

Afflalo is a negative defender and ISO chucker while DMC is a plus defender and can play team ball and slash for a pass

You can't seriously wanna downgrade to Afflololo

Edited by Nicholasp27
  • Like 1

Nobody is going to want to come here unless we overpay and its already clear the top tier Free Agents dont want anything to do with Atlanta were going to end up overpaying Monta Ellis or someone.

What seems more likely is the Hawks are focused on using their cap to retain Carroll/Millsap and they did not request a meeting with these "star" players.  I'm pretty sure we could have landed a meeting with Aldridge if Toronto did. 

Unless Carroll chases the money, how will we overpay Ellis when all of our cap will be spent on retaining Carroll and Millsap?

Nobody is going to want to come here unless we overpay and its already clear the top tier Free Agents dont want anything to do with Atlanta were going to end up overpaying Monta Ellis or someone.

Sounds familiar.  Seems like we tried that before and overpaid for Joe Johnson because "no one else would want to come here."  Here we go again.  Unlearned lessons.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

Why would this team want to spend big dollars on guys like Green and Matthews?  If we resign Carroll then you don't really have room on the wing for either of those two guys.  And both will likely get somewhere between $8-10M per season so that would be a waste considering we are already set at guard and wing for the near future.

So...we have a new poster who actually understands that we can only put five players on the court at a time and the starters play the majority of the minutes.  Interesting.  Logical.  Some HS Vets should take note.

Well played sir to_keep_order.gif

If Affalo, Wes Mathews, Ellis, Danny Green and not including the plethora of big men are getting paid.. there is only so much money to go around..We don't have to over spend for Demarre and Sap..

Edited by LastDon