• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tiago Splitter traded to hawks

GrimeyKidd

Chris Vivlamore: I expect Tiago Splitter deal to be announced today. Hawks gave up rights to international player and heavily protected future 2nd.

– via Twitter CVivlamoreAJC

Trade, Tiago Splitter, Atlanta Hawks,San Antonio Spurs

I saw 'heavily protected' and thought whaaat - a 1st - hahaha.

I was alittle worried about what we gave up but we basically got a starting caliber center making under 10 mil for free.

We actually used our cap flexibility to get an asset for once

Edited by yungsta
  • Like 1

Hawks announce deal for Splitter. Gave up rights to 2007 second-rounder Georgios Printezis and top-55 protected 2017 second-round pick.

• Moderators

LOL. Wow. Basically for free then.

That is exactly what I expected/hoped to see.  They get their cap room.  We get a solid player.  No real value from us to them because they get LA.

• Like 1

Unless Pretenzis turns into a stud for the Spurs, lol.

Don't joke about that...in 1999 I was laughing at the Spurs taking a guy named Ginobli...:-(

Don't joke about that...in 1999 I was laughing at the Spurs taking a guy named Ginobli...:-(

I thought about that, so I checked up on him, he's already 30 so I think we're good.

Wait a minute:; his profile said he was drafted by the Spurs in 2007, how'd the Hawks end up with him?

Edit: he was traded a bunch of times we ended up with him in the Thabo SnT from OKC.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I thought about that, so I checked up on him, he's already 30 so I think we're good.

Nice...so at best he's like a Luis Scola coming over...lol..

Nice...so at best he's like a Luis Scola coming over...lol..

Who coincidentally was another Spurs find.

The Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club has acquired forward/center Tiago Splitter from the San Antonio Spurs in exchange for the draft rights to Georgios Printezis and a future second round pick, it was announced today by President of Basketball Operations/Head Coach Mike Budenholzer. “We’re excited to bring Tiago to Atlanta. He’s played an important role in a winning environment, has a great understanding of our system and will add to our core character,” Budenholzer said. “Tiago also brings championship experience and we look forward to adding his interior presence to our team.” 

– via NBA.com

Trade, Tiago Splitter, Atlanta Hawks,San Antonio Spurs

Looking at Hawks.com it's finally dawning on me that the team's colors are basically red, black and green......a lil on the nose there, Koonin. Way to distance yourself from Danny by being just a lil bit more African.

Not bad, not bad ...

Billy-D_Approves.gif

• Like 1

The Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club has acquired forward/center Tiago Splitter from the San Antonio Spurs in exchange for the draft rights to Georgios Printezis and a future second round pick, it was announced today by President of Basketball Operations/Head Coach Mike Budenholzer. “We’re excited to bring Tiago to Atlanta. He’s played an important role in a winning environment, has a great understanding of our system and will add to our core character,” Budenholzer said. “Tiago also brings championship experience and we look forward to adding his interior presence to our team.” 

– via NBA.com

Trade, Tiago Splitter, Atlanta Hawks,San Antonio Spurs

I knew Georgios would be traded. If someone could manage to get him in the NBA, he could have a Luis Scola like impact but he loves Euro ball too much.