• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks still showing strong interest in Monta Ellis?

GameTime

• Premium Member

That is fair, too.  Much more future development opportunity for THJ.  If he goes to being average defensively, that will be huge.

To be fair to THJR how many players are good on defense at 22? Any rookie we would have drafted would have struggled mightely on that end too; let's not forget how awful Schröder was as a rookie and at times last year; and Schro is supposed to be the next Rondo on D.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

You and Jaybird, lol. You guys really didn't want NOTHING to do with Ellis. 

I am glad he said he is interested in being here ... that is a big step up for us to have free agents even name us but I think his game would have really affected our team negatively

You and Jaybird, lol. You guys really didn't want NOTHING to do with Ellis.

Me too..I watched too much of Monta as a Warrior...he isn't a winner and horrid fit for us. Now we get to beat him up 4 times a year :-)

Lol..haha

• Moderators

To be fair to THJR how many players are good on defense at 22? Any rookie we would have drafted would have struggled mightely on that end too; let's not forget how awful Schröder was as a rookie and at times last year; and Schro is supposed to be the next Rondo on D.

He has been historically bad.  He was top 10 worst in the league level bad last season (according to the advanced defensive SPM metrics hawksfanatic posted the other day) and no other Knick was.

Sources: If Mavs miss on DeAndre Jordan, it's expected talks with Indiana on Monta Ellis-Roy Hibbert centered sign-and-trade will happen.

— Adreian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 2, 2015

Just saw Wojnarowski say that Mavs and Pacers may do an Ellis-Hibbert sign-and-trade if the Mavs miss on DeAndre Jordan (see above). Any chance we are somehow involved - i.e., Indiana gets Splitter, Mavs get Hibbert, we get Ellis? Have no clue if a deal like that is possible under the CBA, but the thought occurred to me when I saw that tweet.

• Admin

Sources: If Mavs miss on DeAndre Jordan, it's expected talks with Indiana on Monta Ellis-Roy Hibbert centered sign-and-trade will happen.

— Adreian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 2, 2015

Just saw Wojnarowski say that Mavs and Pacers may do an Ellis-Hibbert sign-and-trade if the Mavs miss on DeAndre Jordan (see above). Any chance we are somehow involved - i.e., Indiana gets Splitter, Mavs get Hibbert, we get Ellis? Have no clue if a deal like that is possible under the CBA, but the thought occurred to me when I saw that tweet.

I think the idea that Indy gets Ellis ... that would not make sense.

Also, it would not a be a good thing for our chemistry