• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

East may not be weak anymore....

Just for kicks, here are my early projections for next season.

EAST

1) Cleveland- another year to gel should help this team a ton, health is a concern but they have a monster frontcourt 

2) Hawks- weaving in Splitter, Hardaway Jr; make take some time to develop chemistry, while figuring out how to make up for Carroll's departure, and overall team health (korver, thabo).

3) Bulls - If they stay healthy will be very tough; if they stay healthy

4) Miami- this team looks great on paper, can they stay healthy, do they have depth?

5) Bucks - maybe poised for a break out year, especially if Parker gets back 100%

6) Toronto- should be alot tougher with a lock down defender in Caroll

7) Wizards - losing Pierce hurts, but they have one of the best backcourt's in the league -which will keep them in the hunt.

8) Hornets- will fend off the Pacers for this spot, but it will come down to the wire.

West

1) Spurs - No debating this point after getting LMA

2) Golden State - well they are the defending Champs but have you seen the Spurs starting 5.

3) OKC- Westbrook, Durant & Ibaka oh my...can they stay healthy

4) Memphis - blue collar team will be physical and tough as usual.  

5) Mavericks- have to fix their pg position, but adding Deandre Jordan makes them relevant. 

6) Rockets - They are not a well balance team but Harden, Howard should secure this spot

7) Clippers- Now we will see how they play without a rim protector

8) Pelicans- Anthony Davis is this good people, and he should be able to fend off the Suns & Trailblazers.

Edited by wolvetigers
  • Like 1

I complete agree with you in the west, perfectly in each slot, I would put it the same, in the east I like all the team and positions but would just change it as follows

4. Wizards (Otto Porter's emergence will lessen the blow of the Pierce loss)

5. Toronto ( they still have the main pieces together and another year)

6. Heat

7. Hornets (Lance leaving cures all)

8. Bucks (still young; add in new starter in Monroe will have to get acclimated with other 4. Also still not loving MCW.

• Premium Member

Just for kicks, here are my early projections for next season.

EAST

1) Cleveland- another year to gel should help this team a ton, health is a concern but they have a monster frontcourt 

2) Hawks- weaving in Splitter, Hardaway Jr; make take some time to develop chemistry, while figuring out how to make up for Carroll's departure, and overall team health (korver, thabo).

3) Bulls - If they stay healthy will be very tough; if they stay healthy

4) Miami- this team looks great on paper, can they stay healthy, do they have depth?

5) Bucks - maybe poised for a break out year, especially if Parker gets back 100%

6) Toronto- should be alot tougher with a lock down defender in Caroll

7) Wizards - losing Pierce hurts, but they have one of the best backcourt's in the league -which will keep them in the hunt.

8) Hornets- will fend off the Pacers for this spot, but it will come down to the wire.

West

1) Spurs - No debating this point after getting LMA

2) Golden State - well they are the defending Champs but have you seen the Spurs starting 5.

3) OKC- Westbrook, Durant & Ibaka oh my...can they stay healthy

4) Memphis - blue collar team will be physical and tough as usual.  

5) Mavericks- have to fix their pg position, but adding Deandre Jordan makes them relevant. 

6) Rockets - They are not a well balance team but Harden, Howard should secure this spot

7) Clippers- Now we will see how they play without a rim protector

8) Pelicans- Anthony Davis is this good people, and he should be able to fend off the Suns & Trailblazers.

The thing is that Miami and Milwaukee have made themselves better.  I don't know what to expect from Indiana, Washington, and Toronto though.  So...in terms of parity, the east lacks the parity that the west have.  East vs. West... depends on the team.  I think Cleveland, Atlanta, and Chicago can beat any Western team.   You may be able to add Milwaukee to that list.  However, the top 8 in the West can be any eastern team.

If the Hawks sign Wesley Johnson, they instantly become my favorite to meet the Spurs in the NBA championship next season.......

I can cosign to that. One more wing does the trick. No guarantees of course but all things considering, a pretty good offseason...

• Like 1

This is said every year.

Here is my list of over and under estimated teams:

Under:

Boston- They really played well once they put a team together. I don't see them dropping.

Atlanta- Not because I believe in Thabo as a starter but this is still a top 3 East team even without a starting SF. With an average starting SF, they should win 60 games again. The moves of Splitter, Hardaway and Tavares provided a much need jolt to the bench. The lost of Carroll hurts.

Hornets- They needed to get rid of Lance, get a stretch 4 who can score and get more consistent perimeter players and they did all of that. Expect them to make the playoffs this year.

Over:

Miami- It's all on Bosh's status. Without Bosh, this is not a good team.

Bulls- Thibs was an elite coach. Hoilberg is an elite college coach but I am not sure about NBA coach for him. Also I don't believe in their talent but if Dougie Mac improves and Noah is back to old Noah, this is a legit top 4 East team again.

Stuck- Orlando and Brooklyn. The talent is there in Orlando and the coaching has improved but can this team make that next jump from below average to average like Boston did or are they stuck. Brooklyn is in the same position as last year. A default 8th seed unless someone wants to move up. The one thing I can say in coaching is very good in BRK. The issue is talent but if Lopez can perform like he did at the end of last year, they can be a confident playoff team going into 2015. Both of these teams are stuck but I believe they can make it with some changes.

• Moderators

I'm a move this over to the Around the NBA forum in a little bit. But I did a little digging into inter-conference player movement (feel free to update this if I'm missing anybody).

The ONLY free agent that ended the season on an East roster that's willingly going West so far is Paul Pierce. His newest teammate, JaVale McGee, was waived in mid-season by the Sicksers.

Meanwhile, the West has at least five guys coming East: Monta Ellis joins a recuperating Paul George, while Arron Afflalo and Robin Lopez leave Portland (and Derrick Williams escapes Sacramento) to join the recuperating Carmelo Anthony in New York. To help with depth, Aron Baynes comes to Detroit while Mr. Neal goes to Washington.

It's close to a wash, but so far the players shifting West via team trades (Roy Hibbert, Gerald Henderson, Lance Stephenson, Mason Plumlee) are marginally better than the guys coming East (Tiago Splitter, Marcus Morris, Spencer Hawes, Steve Blake, Danny Granger).

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
updated thanks to Supes

I'm a move this over to the Around the NBA forum in a little bit. But I did a little digging into inter-conference player movement (fee free to update this if I'm missing anybody).

The ONLY free agent that ended the season on an East roster that's willingly going West so far is Paul Pierce. His newest teammate, JaVale McGee, was waived in mid-season by the Sicksers.

Meanwhile, the West has at least five guys coming East: Monta Ellis joins a recuperating Paul George, while Arron Afflalo and Robin Lopez leave Portland to join the recuperating Carmelo Anthony in New York. To help with depth, Aron Baynes comes to Detroit while Mr. Neal goes to Washington.

It's close to a wash, but so far the players shifting West via team trades (Roy Hibbert, Gerald Henderson, Lance Stephenson, Mason Plumlee) are marginally better than the guys coming East (Tiago Splitter, Spencer Hawes, Steve Blake, Danny Granger).

~lw3

I would argue the other Morris is better than Hawks, Blake and Granger.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I would argue the other Morris is better than Hawks, Blake and Granger.

Good find, I neglected Marcus Morris! Also, among West-to-East free agents, I forgot Derrick Williams is coming to New York, too.

The Spurs and Cavs will come up short in the Confernece Finals this year: I don't believe in Irving, Love, Parker, or Aldridge.

Not worried about the Heat, they're made of glass.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bucks kick ass and take names this year. Kidd is one of the greatest basketball minds ever, but there are still questions about Giannis playing the 4 and Parker returning in shape.

I got GS over my Hawks in 6: their 3 best players in Green, Klay, and THE GOAT, will improve, we're banking on 3 role players in Dennis, Moose, and THJr to step up. It'll get us through the East, but not through Wardell The Third.

Edited by benhillboy