• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Haven't seen anything better than Thabo/THJr/Scott.

Diesel

• Premium Member

A lot of talk about finding the right SF.  I have seen no discussion on here that makes me say... that's far better than what we have.

Right now, we have a rotation of Thabo/THJr./ And Scott at the 3 (More than likely).  With other matchups like Sap or Korver depending on Matchup.

However, I'm seeing threads about Chandler, WJohnson, and ShaggyP.

Really?  Amazing.

Here's the guys who I believe fit what we need and are an upgrade:

1.  Trevor Ariza = ON the trade blocks.

2.  Shabazz Muhammad = Atlanta guy with lots of potential.

3.  Gallinari = I don't know about his situation, offensively, he's a go... defensively.... eh..

4.  Jeff Green = 9.2 Million = the price.  That's like Thabo/Scott/one more contract.

5.  Nicolas Batum = Coming off an off year unfortunately, just got traded.

6. Dorell Wright = Cheap pick up.

7.  Gerald Green = Cheap Pickup ... Good shooter, mediocre defender.

8.  Gigi Diatome = May be cheap.  Very good shooter.  Defense = not horrid.

9.  Caron Butler = He may be too old.  Him and Thabo can be saved until the playoffs.

That's 9 names.   9 guys who we can go after with our lack of budget and trade esssentials that makes more sense for us.

Of them, It's not secret that I really like the first two.  However, I am willing to give Jeff Green a strong look if we can find the trade material.

• Like 1

Guys like Batum, JGreen, Ariza , Gallinari will require us parting with too much in assets (picks and/or players) leaving us with a thin bench.

If Minny is in need of a solid but not spectaculor backup PG behind Rubio they can have Mack and a 2nd for Shabazz :-).

• Premium Member

Most on that list would cost us too much in assets/picks ... I would rather take a chance on a pickup that might fit Bud's system like Wes and run with what we got.

Wes is not going to be cheap either.   It will cost us as well.

The thing about it, I don't see him as an upgrade over what we already have.   His defense is not stellar.  His shooting is OK... not great. His BBIQ is ???  He hasn't made it anywhere he has been.   I understand LA... But what happened in Minny?  He was supposed to be the man out there.

Shabazz would be nice, but I'm not sure that they would make a trade for a guy that can score pretty well and is a cheap contract that could come off the bench or start for them. We're several days into free agency now, and I'm starting to think that we're just going to stick with the guys that we have, and that won't be such a bad thing IMO, because I think we have a deeper team now that is going to be pretty good. If we need someone in the middle of the season we could always make a move at the trade deadline to have someone for the playoffs.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Harden is their playmaker ... the offense goes through him ... much like Jordan/Lebron/Kobe ... they use an off the ball point guard to man the position.  Harden needs to have the ball in his hands

I know how they play.  However, that doesn't mean that they want to play that way.

Kevin McHale talks about how much they lost down the stretch without Jerermy Lin.  In the playoffs, you saw J-Smoove being the playmaker.   Before resigning Beverley, they were trying to trade for Rubio or trying to sign Lin.  Beverley is not that guy down the stretch.  They want another playmaker.

• Premium Member

Shabazz would be nice, but I'm not sure that they would make a trade for a guy that can score pretty well and is a cheap contract that could come off the bench or start for them. We're several days into free agency now, and I'm starting to think that we're just going to stick with the guys that we have, and that won't be such a bad thing IMO, because I think we have a deeper team now that is going to be pretty good. If we need someone in the middle of the season we could always make a move at the trade deadline to have someone for the playoffs.

The sad part is that we probably can't entice Minny with Future draft picks.  I think they have a ton of them.  However, if we could, I would take Shabazz because he has some great potential... even though he's not much of a shooter.

• Premium Member

I like Ariza lot but 4 years and 32 million is a lot.

Not now.

You're going to have to change your outlook a little since the new TV deal.  4 and 32 is like 4.5 Million per now.

Not now.

You're going to have to change your outlook a little since the new TV deal. 4 and 32 is like 4.5 Million per now.

I'm just saying there are cheaper wings out there for us that we could go after.

• Premium Member

I'm just saying there are cheaper wings out there for us that we could go after.

Well, I gave you a list of guys who fit what we do and MIGHT be better than what we have right now.  That was the purpose of this thread.  I'm tired of seeing us call on Shaggy P, Wes Johnson, and Chandler...  Those guys are good fineese guys but they make us no better than THJr and Thabo.

Ariza is a step in the right direction.

So is Jeff Green.

However, we have to realize... like any used car, you get what you pay for.

• Like 1

• Admin

Well, I gave you a list of guys who fit what we do and MIGHT be better than what we have right now.  That was the purpose of this thread.  I'm tired of seeing us call on Shaggy P, Wes Johnson, and Chandler...  Those guys are good fineese guys but they make us no better than THJr and Thabo.

So is Jeff Green.

I would like to point out that only one person wanted swaggy p ... there is a general consensus that no one else wants him.

• Like 1

Well, I gave you a list of guys who fit what we do and MIGHT be better than what we have right now. That was the purpose of this thread. I'm tired of seeing us call on Shaggy P, Wes Johnson, and Chandler... Those guys are good fineese guys but they make us no better than THJr and Thabo.

So is Jeff Green.

Well out of your list, realistically we have a shot at #6-#9..that being said..

6. D. Wright- Yes please...cheap and shoots the 3 with experience.

7. Green- Why not...transition player who is athletic and much much improved on 3's

8. Diatome- No...just no

9. Butler- Might have something left in the tank but quickly running on E, I'd pass..

Wright and Green only for me outta those guys.

The only guys I'd take on that list are Shabazz Mohammed and Dorell Wright because there is no chance that Jeff Green would fit under the cap without sending some guys back their way (sorry, but the Grizz aren't taking Thabo/Scott/2nd rounder(s) in exchange for him). I also have some serious doubts that Los(T) Lobos would move Mohammed. He is the type of guy who shows some potential but for some silly reason you trade him; and you're spending the next three hours in the owner's luxury box explaining to him why as he's hanging a 25/7 on your squad right now. The T-Wolves have Wiggins but I can't see them parting with Mohammed... 

Edited by Dejay

A lot of talk about finding the right SF.  I have seen no discussion on here that makes me say... that's far better than what we have.

Right now, we have a rotation of Thabo/THJr./ And Scott at the 3 (More than likely).  With other matchups like Sap or Korver depending on Matchup.

However, I'm seeing threads about Chandler, WJohnson, and ShaggyP.

Really?  Amazing.

Here's the guys who I believe fit what we need and are an upgrade:

1.  Trevor Ariza = ON the trade blocks.

2.  Shabazz Muhammad = Atlanta guy with lots of potential.

3.  Gallinari = I don't know about his situation, offensively, he's a go... defensively.... eh..

4.  Jeff Green = 9.2 Million = the price.  That's like Thabo/Scott/one more contract.

5.  Nicolas Batum = Coming off an off year unfortunately, just got traded.

6. Dorell Wright = Cheap pick up.

7.  Gerald Green = Cheap Pickup ... Good shooter, mediocre defender.

8.  Gigi Diatome = May be cheap.  Very good shooter.  Defense = not horrid.

9.  Caron Butler = He may be too old.  Him and Thabo can be saved until the playoffs.

That's 9 names.   9 guys who we can go after with our lack of budget and trade esssentials that makes more sense for us.

Of them, It's not secret that I really like the first two.  However, I am willing to give Jeff Green a strong look if we can find the trade material.

Mike Scott sucks unless he is hitting 3's. He does nothing else at all... He doesn't defend, he is not athletic, he doesn't pass or rebound either. Plus, he is a tweener and not a true SF. Mike Scott is the kind of player you bring off the bench but remove if he misses his first handful of shots because he will do nothing if me misses those.

Thabo was so good last year because his minutes were limited and he could go all out. Hardaway is not likely to be good at defending 3's either. I don't know what is so hard to understand about all of this.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 4

Mike Scott sucks unless he is hitting 3's. He does nothing else at all... He doesn't defend, he is not athletic, he doesn't pass or rebound either. Plus, he is a tweener and not a true SF. Mike Scott is the kind of player you bring off the bench but remove if he misses his first handful of shots because he will do nothing if me misses those.

It's a Christmas miracle. Hots and I actually agree on something.

This is making me question my opinion of Scott...hrmmm. hi.gif

Edited by RandomFan