• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Great article on our new player, Justin Holiday

GameTime

The funniest part to me is C-Viv trying to throw some condescending sass in Fanatic's direction with the "ok, you know more than me," comment. When in fact, that is almost assuredly true. It almost made me feel sorry for C-Viv.

He's getting signals crossed with the issue and I was trying to help him out (but I don't think I came off as the friendliest...big shocker {/sarcasm}). It is 100% the case that Danny Green is signed with his Bird Rights and not Cap Space. The signal he's getting crossed is that the Spurs actually could have kept Splitter and renounced Green in order to get Aldridge because Green's cap hold was for ~$7.5 million and he signed for ~$10+ million. Duncan would have taken less, but it still works. But Green was/is not signed with Cap Space.

I mentioned this in another thread, but this isn't the first time a beat writer has been testy with me correcting them and in particular around this time of the year as well. Sekou did this years ago with an issue on Josh Smith as BYC: http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/337233-hawksfanatic-vs-sekou-smith-round-1-smooves-byc/and holy shit I was NOT nice for that issue. But also Sekou was a much bigger ass than Viv was here. Plus Lang Whitaker as well. It's natural to be offended / defensive / dismissive when you *think* you know more than your audience but in fact you don't. I mean, they're the beat writer so they're supposed to be the expert, right?!?! Who's to tell ME, the Mr. Beat Writer Supreme, that I am wrong when I spoke with a Hawks official!?!?

But I think I've been very complimentary towards Viv on this site over the past year. When he sucked at reporting, I was critical. But he has been much better and I have generally enjoyed his coverage this year. As I'll always say, I'm an equal opportunity asshole.

C-Viv wasn't really wrong though, was he?

Viv was wrong. I wouldn't go out of my way to make a comment unless I was pretttty sure about something.

• Moderators

The simple way to check is to look at the space SA had after the trade and then see how much room was taken up by LA. It doesn't leave enough room for both Green and LA. Since Green could be signed with bird rights and LA only with space that leads you with the only possibility being that hawksfanatic is right.

Cviv doesn't do the work to figure that out and just relies on what people tell him. Since people are sometimes imprecise with their language on this and Cviv doesn't know enough to finely comb through the issue he just repeats back what he has or thinks he has been told.