• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Hawks Trainers

smoove31210

• Moderators

I like our uniforms but it seems like if you were going to stop watching a team because they're uniforms sucked then this one would have put an end to your minny fandom.

Minnesota-Timberwolves-1998-2008-Alterna

What's wrong with that jersey? I liked it.

Well there's nothing wrong with it but it looks like the team captain should be Frankenstein.

• Moderators

Someone here will take solace in the knowledge that Keke (pronounced Kay-Kay, 'kay?) has an unused Twitter handle of @twolvesstrength.

Pull up a chair, Jeff. No, not the one with wheels!

So how did we get here? How did Curry put those ankle worries to rest?

It's all in the hips. Literally.

That's the answer given by the Warriors' director of athletic performance, Keke Lyles, a leading expert in injury prevention and maximizing body potential through the use of cutting-edge technology like STATS LLC's SportVU cameras and Catapult Sports' GPS accelerometers to track movement.

When Lyles joined the Warriors' training staff two summers ago, he asked Curry to perform a simple stationary pose you might find in a yoga book: the single-leg hip airplane.

You can try it yourself. Stand on one leg, tilt your body forward at the hip and get as long as possible with your arms out and opposite leg outstretched to resemble a Boeing 747. Once you have that, slowly open up your hip toward the sky.

Did you struggle? Curry wobbled and swayed at first, too.

"He wasn't awful," Lyles says. "But now the difference is night and day."

Lyles' prognosis was simple, yet perhaps a little counterintuitive. He hoped Curry's issues could be mostly solved not by strengthening his ankles, but his hips and glutes.

Those kinds of herky-jerky movements, at game speed, tax joints like ankles. The remedy is balance and core strength to make those movements fluid and stable. "I think Steph really liked to use his ankles to control everything," Lyles said. "But now he's using his hips instead. You know how everything laughed at Tiger Woods saying he just needed to activate his glutes? Well, Tiger's right."

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I can understand picking up a west team I guess. Personally I've been a fan of loving one team but if the new kids like doin 1 from wach conference then I'd be a "hater" if I argued...I'll go wit Spurs if you want me to pick, I guess. I can't ...Hawks for life! I'm trying to understand Soth, I am.

See, there's nothing wrong with rooting for a team in the other conference :p  And thanks for trying to understand. Unless the Hawks leave Atlanta I'll always be a Hawks fan. If we have crap owners like A$G I may not pay money to see them but I'll still support the team. And frankly speaking there's never even been close to a situation where I have to pick the Hawks or Wolves in the Finals. And I never expect it to either.

• Premium Member

I like our uniforms but it seems like if you were going to stop watching a team because they're uniforms sucked then this one would have put an end to your minny fandom.

Minnesota-Timberwolves-1998-2008-Alterna

My favorite Wolf jersey is the original old school ones with the nice blue color. But those jerseys weren't that bad. Main thing I disliked on those jerseys here in the pic is the font for the team name, kinda silly looking.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

No it would have been this one.

al_jefferson_mike_miller.jpg

Puke green and triangles are only fine in the form of trees with a smoking chimney.

Those jerseys don't have that vomit yellow/green color. It also has the team name on it and the tree design is there for the timber part.

Now those shoes are another matter. I think those laces are that vomit color. The green isn't bad, its that yellow/green vomit color that is just atrocious.

• Premium Member

Once of the worst vomiting episodes of my life was almost dying from dehydration on Christmas Eve from food poisoning. When I started puking up pure bile straight from stomach it did in fact look like the volt color. i can't even look at it without my gag reflex starting to trigger.

Just an aside. If you do vomit something that is volt colored please call 911 or go to the hospital. Vomit isn't normally that color unless you're eating lightning bugs.

Or have an affinity for Mountain Dew. One does not do the dew, the dew does you.

Someone here will take solace in the knowledge that Keke (pronounced Kay-Kay, 'kay?) has an unused Twitter handle of @twolvesstrength.

Pull up a chair, Jeff. No, not the one with wheels!

~lw3

hvhse63.gif

I remember that. He had like 90lb weights in his hands at the time though.

I see that you work for the medicine ball consortium.  How much do they pay you for you to be able sleep at night knowing that you ruin the lives of Dominican Big Easters?!

I see that you work for the medicine ball consortium. How much do they pay you for you to be able sleep at night knowing that you ruin the lives of Dominican Big Easters?!

Lol, whaaaat!

The guilt trip from you guys worked blum3.gif  Back to repping the Hawks.

1389025911.gif

My real reaction...

f7dd1db77a2ebdd2e232f623f0177dcb.gif

Oh.....And 

harry-potter-screaming-never.gif

DO THAT AGAIN!!!!

Edited by JayBirdHawk