• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Hawks Trainers

smoove31210

They have big shoes to fill. Wally Blase was one of the best trainers in the NBA. I'm still shocked they fired him.

Man, between the Blase firing and the new unis we might've pushed ol' Soth over the edge.  Full time Twolf now?

Seriously though, I don't know why they felt the need to fire Wally.  Coolest name in the game.  I mean, what're the new trainers gonna do better?  It's not like we've had a rash of injuries that weren't flukish.

• Moderators

Man, between the Blase firing and the new unis we might've pushed ol' Soth over the edge.  Full time Twolf now?

Seriously though, I don't know why they felt the need to fire Wally.  Coolest name in the game.  I mean, what're the new trainers gonna do better?  It's not like we've had a rash of injuries that weren't flukish.

If I remember right, Bud wants a pretty serious, coordinated year round training program and I'm guessing he didn't think Wally was the guy to do that.  

I always viewed Wally as the 'cut man' .

Bud must have said something about his weight because last season was the first time I remember him looking a lil on the lighter side.

I always viewed Wally as the 'cut man' .

Bud must have said something about his weight because last season was the first time I remember him looking a lil on the lighter side.

You really have something against fatties huh? Lol

• Premium Member

Honestly might be the first time the Wolves are 1 and the Hawks are 1a.

• Premium Member

I'm not going to stop rooting for the Hawks. You can root for more than one team. I've done it for a long time. Those jerseys are so horrible that I can't see myself watching 48 minutes for 82 games with the color of vomit running around on the screen. It is not like I can put a paper bag over the players.

• Premium Member

The Wolves though? Why them? Despite the Hawks clearly being my #1, I actively root for the Grizzlies. But that's mainly because they're the closest NBA team to me.

I started rooting for the Wolves when they drafted Marbury out of GT. I actually met him way, way back when he was at GT and really liked him. So when the Wolves took him I figured, hell, I could use a team to root for in the West so why not them? So I've been a fan ever since.

I can understand picking up a west team I guess. Personally I've been a fan of loving one team but if the new kids like doin 1 from wach conference then I'd be a "hater" if I argued...I'll go wit Spurs if you want me to pick, I guess. I can't ...Hawks for life! I'm trying to understand Soth, I am.

• Moderators

I'm not going to stop rooting for the Hawks. You can root for more than one team. I've done it for a long time. Those jerseys are so horrible that I can't see myself watching 48 minutes for 82 games with the color of vomit running around on the screen. It is not like I can put a paper bag over the players.

I like our uniforms but it seems like if you were going to stop watching a team because they're uniforms sucked then this one would have put an end to your minny fandom.

Minnesota-Timberwolves-1998-2008-Alterna

I like our uniforms but it seems like if you were going to stop watching a team because they're uniforms sucked then this one would have put an end to your minny fandom.

Minnesota-Timberwolves-1998-2008-Alterna

No it would have been this one.

al_jefferson_mike_miller.jpg

Puke green and triangles are only fine in the form of trees with a smoking chimney.

No it would have been this one.

al_jefferson_mike_miller.jpg

Puke green and triangles are only fine in the form of trees with a smoking chimney.

LOL, Is Mike Miller wearing Volt green laces?