• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

PeachtreeHoops podcast: Phil Jackson offers Melo for Paul Millsap

NBASupes

• Premium Member

The fact that a team with all the money in the world doesn't think they can build a contender around Melo should tell us all we need to know about whether we would want him.  

That's a really compelling point.  That's the reason why I'm not really on the fence...but more like, peeking over at the other side.

I dunno bro. He doesn't lead his team's to anything. I think you may be overrating him because you picked him in the Dynasty draft this summer.

Not even close.  I just recognize that Melo, when healthy, is a far better player than Millsap. When has Millsap ever led a team to anything? 

• Moderators

I couldn't watch Carmelo Anthony in a Hawks uniform. Never liked his attitude or his game.

I watched Christian Laettner in a Hawks uniform.  I could watch Melo.  In his defense, I will say that he has gotten much more efficient over the years but I've always thought he was overrated.  He shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Lebron.  I can't say I would completely rule out the idea of Sap/Melo but I would look to what Bud wanted.

I watched Christian Laettner in a Hawks uniform.  I could watch Melo.  In his defense, I will say that he has gotten much more efficient over the years but I've always thought he was overrated.  He shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Lebron.  I can't say I would completely rule out the idea of Sap/Melo but I would look to what Bud wanted.

You lie.  This never actually happened.

Selective amnesia is a helluva drug.

When's the last time Melo led a team to anything?   2009 is the answer.

What do you call 2013 then?  54 wins and a game 6 in the 2nd round when he was playing with a bad shoulder on a team where the 2nd and 3rd scoring options were Raymond Felton and J.R. Smith.  They started Felton and Prigioni at the 1 and 2 for some of the Pacers series.

I will never understand why people will post outright untruths.  It's obvious that many of you hate Melo.  This doesn't mean that you have to try and bend facts to discredit him. 

Not even close. I just recognize that Melo, when healthy, is a far better player than Millsap. When has Millsap ever led a team to anything?

Neither has but Sap is a team player, Melo is a hog about it. Why did you pick him in dynasty? You're better than that.

• Moderators

What do you call 2013 then?  54 wins and a game 6 in the 2nd round when he was playing with a bad shoulder on a team where the 2nd and 3rd scoring options were Raymond Felton and J.R. Smith.  They started Felton and Prigioni at the 1 and 2 for some of the Pacers series.

I will never understand why people will post outright untruths.  It's obvious that many of you hate Melo.  This doesn't mean that you have to try and bend facts to discredit him. 

If the Hawks get zero credit for eastern conference 2nd round exits then why should Melo?  

If the Hawks get zero credit for eastern conference 2nd round exits then why should Melo?  

It's probably the way the Hawks have lost in the 2nd round.  It's one thing to lose by an average of 30 points per game.  It's another to extend the series to 6 games while being the lesser team.

Neither has but Sap is a team player, Melo is a hog about it. Why did you pick him in dynasty? You're better than that.

I took him with the 37th pick.  That was probably the biggest steal in the draft.  He is easily a top 10-15 player in this league when fully healthy and top 25 on a bad day.

Now Damian Lillard at #21 is a different story.  If you want to talk about a me first chucker who provides nothing else for his team, you have your man.

Edited by JETSET

I took him with the 37th pick. That was probably the biggest steal in the draft. He is easily a top 10-15 player in this league when fully healthy and top 25 on a bad day.

Now Damian Lillard at #21 is a different story. If you want to talk about a me first chucker who provides nothing else for his team, you have your man.

I think 90% of members on this board would pick Lillard over Melo, the real chucker. I think you might realize the difference this year by stats alone. Lillard is a top 5 pg as of today. Not many teams want Melo on their rosters, let alone trade an awesome team player like SAP for him.

Lillard>Melo in real life, fantasy, dynasty, playing house with @kg01 and his fantastic friends, whatever the case may be.

I think 90% of members on this board would pick Lillard over Melo, the real chucker. I think you might realize the difference this year by stats alone. Lillard is a top 5 pg as of today. Not many teams want Melo on their rosters, let alone trade an awesome team player like SAP for him.

Lillard>Melo in real life, fantasy, dynasty, playing house with @kg01 and his fantastic friends, whatever the case may be.

Trust me, after this upcoming season everybody will see that Lillard is every bit the chuckster that Melo can be.  They gonna be all kinds of bad and he'll be a-wingin' it up all season.  POR will be sizing up their next bust #1 pick after this season IMEO.

I'm gonna have to trademark my joke, "Can't spell Lillard without a buncha L's".  C'mon, that's pretty good.

Trust me, after this upcoming season everybody will see that Lillard is every bit the chuckster that Melo can be. They gonna be all kinds of bad and he'll be a-wingin' it up all season. POR will be sizing up their next bust #1 pick after this season IMEO.

I'm gonna have to trademark my joke, "Can't spell Lillard without a buncha L's". C'mon, that's pretty good.

Actually one of the best selections the Blazers have made it a while. Bay Area point guards are no joke.

Actually one of the best selections the Blazers have made it a while. Bay Area point guards are no joke.

No, I mean that they'll be selecting top 3 again after this coming season.  At which point they'll select another guy who'll get hurt and bust.

Lilllllard's talented but he's not a top 5 PG.  He's basically the guard version of Enes Kanter.

Who are some other Yay Area PG's (serious question, I can't remember any.  Jason Kidd?).

• Premium Member

Do it in a heartbeat.

The playoffs proved that you need an Alpha Dog type of scorer in order to win a title.

No.  The playoff proved that if a team oriented team shows up injured, they will lose.

Melo's a great player but unselfish is not a word that comes to mind when I think of him.  We lose to Washington with Melo on this team.  Defense = Not played.  Offense = everything through him.

No, I mean that they'll be selecting top 3 again after this coming season. At which point they'll select another guy who'll get hurt and bust.

Lilllllard's talented but he's not a top 5 PG. He's basically the guard version of Enes Kanter.

Who are some other Yay Area PG's (serious question, I can't remember any. Jason Kidd?).

Payton

Kidd

Shaw

Mitchell (Hook)

Ok if you are comparing Kanter to Lillard then I don't believe you ever watch any non Hawk games. Wow. Actually wait you're right, they do have something in common, they both need oxygen to live.

Surely there's a friendly wager out there that can be made on who has the more productive season.

Payton

Kidd

Shaw

Mitchell (Hook)

Ok if you are comparing Kanter to Lillard then I don't believe you ever watch any non Hawk games. Wow. Actually wait you're right, they do have something in common, they both need oxygen to live.

That seems like a good comparison to me.  Lillard is regularly hidden on the weaker offensive player while Matthews defends the PG.

• Like 1