• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk Updating from 4.0 to 4.1

Admin

Haha I kinda wanna not fix that just because I know it's bugging you. I will take a look at it when I get a little time. Basically the way that modern CSS works now is that your styles read the width of the display device and you have to set styles for every major width and then you have to make adjustments for browser type. I believe landscape was fine on my iPad the last time I looked but it's been several months since I updated the look of the site. Is this a new thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Haha I kinda wanna not fix that just because I know it's bugging you. I will take a look at it when I get a little time. Basically the way that modern CSS works now is that your styles read the width of the display device and you have to set styles for every major width and then you have to make adjustments for browser type. I believe landscape was fine on my iPad the last time I looked but it's been several months since I updated the look of the site. Is this a new thing?

It's been going on for a while and I was cranky at the time so I wrote it up. It's on a kindle and I believe the width or size of the device is 8.9"? Something like that, it's probably smaller than an iPad. But you can see for the screen shot that the green 1 is in the place of a notification when it should be over the chat icon. If I do have a notification, then that will show up correctly but there will be no bubble above the chat icon like there should be.

There's a whole nother issue with why the hell is someone in the goddamn chat all the time. Ban them!

53 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Lol people always forget to sign out of the chat, drives me nuts too. I will take a look and see what I can find out.

I've never signed out of a chat, not once. I didn't even know you are supposed to sign out...lol my bad

6 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I've never signed out of a chat, not once. I didn't even know you are supposed to sign out...lol my bad

Why am I not surprised it'll be you, smh.

Baaaan him!!! Lol.

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why am I not surprised it'll be you, smh.

Baaaan him!!! Lol.

It's funny I always see 1 in chat on my screen and I'm like "helllllooooo, what moron numbnut is in chat by himself, what a freakin idiot....

mistery solved....:-(

aka joey in friends when he's with Rachel in the boat and says...."who names their boat the coast guard....get outta the way jackass"...

53 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Lol people always forget to sign out of the chat, drives me nuts too. I will take a look and see what I can find out.

As long as you close the chat window it will sign you out. Some people leave the chat window open.

2 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

As long as you close the chat window it will sign you out. Some people leave the chat window open.

blah blah blah enough talk let's get down to it, we going to ban @Spud2Nique now or what? I vote yes, I think @kg01 is backing me up here. @JayBirdHawk you OK with this too? We're already up to a super-majority. Give him the ban hammer for leaving the chat on!

Ban Spud2 ....

Justino animated GIF

Look man, with my record I can't be advocating anybody getting the hook.  Even tho he deserves it , I mean who leaves the chat window open? hehe)

ETA: Nah, I say let's ban @AHF for failing to make the rules clear.

2 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

blah blah blah enough talk let's get down to it, we going to ban @Spud2Nique now or what? I vote yes, I think @kg01 is backing me up here. @JayBirdHawk you OK with this too? We're already up to a super-majority. Give him the ban hammer for leaving the chat on!

Hey now we don't need to hear about kg01 backing you up!

Can we please get Trade Ideas back as Sub in Homecourt??? Last time I mentioned it I got some likes, so it seems I'm not the only one who hates the extra clicks to get there...  Especially on my mobile it's annoying...

Can we please get Trade Ideas back as Sub in Homecourt??? Last time I mentioned it I got some likes, so it seems I'm not the only one who hates the extra clicks to get there...  Especially on my mobile it's annoying...

I removed it as a sub forum because it creates a 300px tall (at a minimum) block in order to display the sub forum block on the home court page which pushes everything down. During the re-design the most common request was to bring the main posts up higher so that you don't have to scroll as much. I will see if I can make a dedicated trade ideas latest posts right column block for it. Would that suffice?

28 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I removed it as a sub forum because it creates a 300px tall (at a minimum) block in order to display the sub forum block on the home court page which pushes everything down. During the re-design the most common request was to bring the main posts up higher so that you don't have to scroll as much. I will see if I can make a dedicated trade ideas latest posts right column block for it. Would that suffice?

I see at least 400px which could be used for that

• 200px - Welcome Header, yes it is kind to give me a warm welcome when I open the site, but I really don't need that (Idk what others think about it) 
  • 100px - Updating to 4.1 announcement 
  • 100px - Who is online could be moved to the bottom of the page (others may need this info quick, Idk)

I think this 400px may be some wasted space - even without discussing placement of the trade ideas.  Ah and it seems "Outside US forum"-thread could be unpinned, too...

Maybe one could replace something like the recent status updates with links to other Forums (Trade Ideas, around the NBA, P&R, Senior's...)

But I want you to know that this are only minor issues and I really appreciate what you are doing here!

• Like 1