• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA GM Survey

TheNorthCydeRises

http://www.nba.com/news/features/john_schuhmann/nba-com-2015-16-gm-survey/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt3a#predictions

NBA Finals predictions

1) Cleveland ... 2) San Antonio ... 3) Golden St.

East predictions

1) Cleveland ... 2) Chicago ... 3) Atlanta 

West predictions

1) Golden St ... 2) San Antonio ... 3) OKC 

A lot of other stuff in there.  As for the Hawks, GMs seem to respect Bud and Korver the most.

Didn't think this deserved it's own thread but here's the SI "behind the scenes" info from opposing teams' scouts or w/e.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/10/20/nba-scouts-preview-warriors-spurs-knicks-lakers-cavaliers-rockets

High(low)lights from the Hawks part:

- Sees us dropping a bit, last year everything fell into place (mmkay) ...

- Lots of teams want to play like us but can't (almost a compliment?) ...

- Most upside: Bazemore ...

- Dennis is a ball hog, KKorver struggled to play with him ...

- Obligatory quote: "They don’t have that inside game, so when their jump shots aren’t going down, they’re going to lose. That’s what happened in the playoffs." (Orly, had nothing to do with injuries?)

- Seems to like Splitter addition, new start in a new place could help THJr (duh).

On the OP, if there's any team that needs to 'prove it' it's CHI.  Picked top 2 every year, every year 2nd round exit at best.  They're basically a slightly well-off man's version of the Woody-era Hawks but they still get respect?

• Admin

On the OP, if there's any team that needs to 'prove it' it's CHI.  Picked top 2 every year, every year 2nd round exit at best.  They're basically a slightly well-off man's version of the Woody-era Hawks but they still get respect?

Chicago is going to implode with too many egos.  They have a very me first backcourt and the writer pointed out perfectly that they play better with injuries because they won't have all the egos there at the same time

• Like 1

Chicago is going to implode with too many egos.  They have a very me first backcourt and the writer pointed out perfectly that they play better with injuries because they won't have all the egos there at the same time

Agreed, This new version of Jimmy Butler ,something bothers me. He removed his rear view mirror from his car as a symbol to never look back - what an ass.

• Admin

Agreed, This new version of Jimmy Butler ,something bothers me. He removed his rear view mirror from his car as a symbol to never look back - what an ass.

Yes, he has a superstar complex even though he is not at that level.  One of the reasons for his play last season (which dropped significantly after all star break) was that everyone was hurt and so he was only option.  I equate it to being on an expansion team and a guy suddenly looks like an amazing player because someone has to do something with the ball and no one else is capable.  He said he wants to get lots of triple doubles this season ... that means he must have the ball.  That will not work with Rose on their team.  The ironic thing is the teams best passers (and most unselfish) is their big men (Noah and Gasol).

Edited by capstone21
  • Like 3

Yes, he has a superstar complex even though he is not at that level.  One of the reasons for his play last season (which dropped significantly after all star break) was that everyone was hurt and so he was only option.  I equate it to being on an expansion team and a guy suddenly looks like an amazing player because someone has to do something with the ball and no one else is capable.  He said he wants to get lots of triple doubles this season ... that means he must have the ball.  That will not work with Rose on their team.  The ironic thing is the teams best passers (and most unselfish) is their big men (Noah and Gasol).

Well he did say he wants to run the offense and be the PG.

There is also talk of Noah coming off the bench.

I can smell it.....Implosion ahead for the Bulls. 

• Admin

...and even when that happens they will still be picked ahead of us again next year :)

• Like 2

Wait, I are confused.  Wuz told the Bulls are a contender and Hoiberg was Steve Kerr part deux and the Bullz gonna win 75 games.  Wha happnd?

Seriously though, Jimmi is really smelling himself lately huh?  Like @capstone21 said, he has that 'Imma star' complex when in reality he benefited from circumstances.  He certainly worked hard but now that he rises to the top of teams' scouting reports he'll find the going a lil' bit tougher.

“First off, I think I am a point guard,” Butler said without joking. “So I’ve done a heck of a lot of ball screen work, ball handling, getting into the paint and still handling, floaters, all that stuff point guards do. If I get a chance, high pick and roll more. I want some triple doubles. I’ve got to get my handle right so I can pass and get it to guys where they can make shots. I told Fred. You ask what position I play, I say point guard.”

And another thing .. what is it about Milwaukee that fools all these supposed eggsperts to thinking they're going to be some great team?  Here's the gameplan when you face the Bucks, pack the lane then laugh as they Josh Smith their way to a blowout loss.  Or switch it up and laugh as MCW continually drives into 3 guys again and again.

Look, Kidd is doing a really good job but the roster is what it is.  Where does Parker even fit?  At 4?  Where're you putting Monroe?  At 5?  Parade to the rim, comin' up.  Who's their leader?  I was told the Hawks, the 8-straight years in the playoff Hawks, didn't have enough playoff experience for a deep run but somehow the Bucks are an ECF contender?

LL Cool J

I know, LL.  I know.

• Moderators

“First off, I think I am a point guard,” Butler said without joking. “So I’ve done a heck of a lot of ball screen work, ball handling, getting into the paint and still handling, floaters, all that stuff point guards do. If I get a chance, high pick and roll more. I want some triple doubles. I’ve got to get my handle right so I can pass and get it to guys where they can make shots. I told Fred. You ask what position I play, I say point guard.”

What a dumb ass thing to say when you know you aren't the teams starting point guard.   I guess he's trying to take down Rose from the get go.   Fred has his work cut out for him.   I think we'll see some guys traded out there. 

As the biggest Kidd fan I wouldn't put anything past the Bucks.  I wouldn't go as far as them being the consensus sexy sleeper pick in the East, but if Bud squeezed out 60 from our roster Kidd can squeeze 50. He's on arguably the longest, most inclining coaching learning curve ever.  

In 10 years he would have weaseled his way into the head chair of whoever has the best roster and 10 mill per for him and push 70 wins annually with little effort.  Anthony Davis will probably be the second best player behind LeBron's son with Steph playing the Ray Allen role off the bench. 

Edited by benhillboy

What a dumb ass thing to say when you know you aren't the teams starting point guard.   I guess he's trying to take down Rose from the get go.   Fred has his work cut out for him.   I think we'll see some guys traded out there. 

The comical thing is listening to Stacey King claim the reported beef between he and Rose is media-created.  Really?  Rose is the starting PG and that's what Butler has to say?  Amidst all the reports of issues between the two of them?  I gotta bump the Bulls up on my list of teams likely to implode this year.

@benhillboy, if the Bucks win 50 it'll be because IND and DET fall completely off a cliff and CHI does indeed implode.

• Admin

The comical thing is listening to Stacey King claim the reported beef between he and Rose is media-created.  Really?  Rose is the starting PG and that's what Butler has to say?  Amidst all the reports of issues between the two of them?  I gotta bump the Bulls up on my list of teams likely to implode this year.

@benhillboy, if the Bucks win 50 it'll be because IND and DET fall completely off a cliff and CHI does indeed implode.

Stacey King .... the worst home announcer not named Tommy Heinshon

• Like 2

And another thing .. what is it about Milwaukee that fools all these supposed eggsperts to thinking they're going to be some great team?  Here's the gameplan when you face the Bucks, pack the lane then laugh as they Josh Smith their way to a blowout loss.  Or switch it up and laugh as MCW continually drives into 3 guys again and again.

Look, Kidd is doing a really good job but the roster is what it is.  Where does Parker even fit?  At 4?  Where're you putting Monroe?  At 5?  Parade to the rim, comin' up.  Who's their leader?  I was told the Hawks, the 8-straight years in the playoff Hawks, didn't have enough playoff experience for a deep run but somehow the Bucks are an ECF contender?

LL Cool J

I know, LL.  I know.

The Bucks traded away their vet players who did the dirty work and didn't care about scoring. Monroe, Parker, Middleton, Giannis, MCW  - there is only one ball.

I think their defense suffers.

The Bucks traded away their vet players who did the dirty work and didn't care about scoring. Monroe, Parker, Middleton, Giannis, MCW  - there is only one ball.

I think their defense suffers.

Monroe is a sieve on D and Parker is unknown at best.  Their D will not be bad (which is a nod to the job Kidd is doing) but it will be incrementally worse.  On top of that, once folks realize they can back off their shooters(sic), their O will be late-90's, post-Jordan, slug-it-out basketball era bad.  I'll pass.

• Premium Member

No matter what happens to the Bulls they get way too much hype from the media. They lose a coach who made them "elite" and a rookie NBA head coach is going to take a team full of egos and wounded players to second in the east? 

Could it happen? Sure. I just don't get why some think it's a safe call every year. Maybe it's just easy for these idiots to just pick Lebron #1 and Chicago #2.

We probably will regress in wins, I'm guessing around 55-57. I don't think it's because we aren't as good, but mainly because we try to pace ourselves more. I know Bud rested players, but when they played we went hard. That intensity needs to remain there but we also need more energy and health come May. That will be for Bud to figure out and probably why we have a new training staff.