• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al Horford

Wurider05

• Premium Member

Horford represents a logistical problem for the Hawks.   Do you take Horford to the offseason where he will demand and maybe command more money than he seems to be worth right now?  I'm sorry, I don't want to pay Horford for his underpaidness over the last 4 years.   I would rather pay him for what he could do for us in the future.   Unfortunately, his showing this year is showing us that he's already on the downside of his career.

So instead of putting ourselves in a position where we must resign Horford in order to recoup anything (hello Marvin), I would rather just trade him before the deadline.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Deke wasn't anywhere near as good for us as Al

No, No. No!!!!

Whereas Al has more of an offensive game.  Deke's defense and Rebounding outshawdows everything that Al has done as a Hawk.  He owned the freaking paint.  IN fact,  If I can get that Deke in replacement of the Al we have, I guarantee that we'd be in the finals this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

I admit that Al is a great player, and has done a lot, its just that i personally place value of defense over offense in basketball.

Then how could you want Brook Lopez?

iHYQjB9.gif

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Then how could you want Brook Lopez?

Well, in his defense he did come out weeks later and say his BLopez love was a mistake.  In other news ... GOT EEEEEEEMMMM!!!!

Just now, kg01 said:

Well, in his defense he did come out weeks later and say his BLopez love was a mistake.  In other news ... GOT EEEEEEEMMMM!!!!

I know,...it took him too long after ranting about it, so I am pretending he didn't say it. :tongue:

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

No, No. No!!!!

Whereas Al has more of an offensive game.  Deke's defense and Rebounding outshawdows everything that Al has done as a Hawk.  He owned the freaking paint.  IN fact,  If I can get that Deke in replacement of the Al we have, I guarantee that we'd be in the finals this year.

Al has been one of the best around bigs in the NBA for the last 8 years. Deke was never that. He was what he was. A center version of Ibaka without the range and the athletic ability but with size and height.

On 12/17/2015, 9:27:13, Diesel said:

No, No. No!!!!

I was hoping that Tavares might become a Deke like player, but that is likely just wishful thinking.

20 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Al has been one of the best around bigs in the NBA for the last 8 years. Deke was never that. He was what he was. A center version of Ibaka without the range and the athletic ability but with size and height.

Say What?

*sigh* Supes, you're my guy, but this Horford stuff has gotten way out of hand.  It's time for an intervention, man.  I hate seeing you like this.  You get a fever every time you see a jab-step- jab-step- jab-step- jab-step-mechanical-post move(sic)-pivot into a fall-a-way.  Man Al's a nice player but he's just not nearly as good as you think he is.  Sorry to be the (100th) one to tell you.

Horford's getting a little overrated. Nice player. But outside of pnr and pnp, doesn't have much offensively. Defensively solid, but not a great defensive player. A conscious effort needs to be given to get him the ball in his mid-range spots, and not the three point line.

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Horford's getting a little overrated. Nice player. But outside of pnr and pnp, doesn't have much offensively. Defensively solid, but not a great defensive player. A conscious effort needs to be given to get him the ball in his mid-range spots, and not the three point line.

lol. A little overrated here?  NBASupes has said in the past that Horford is as good or better than Karl Malone or STTE.  He really needs help.  

Friends, send your monetary donations to www.kg01'shouse.org.

on a serious note, you make a good point w.r.t. al's limited offensive game and i think it's part of our issue this season.  In the pnp/pnr game, Al will no longer roll.  It's all pop which kills Teague/Dennis getting to the rim.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

lol. A little overrated here?  NBASupes has said in the past that Horford is as good or better than Karl Malone or STTE.  He really needs help.  

on a serious note, you make a good point w.r.t. al's limited offensive game and i think it's part of our issue this season.  In the pnp/pnr game, Al will no longer roll.  It's all pop which kills Teague/Dennis getting to the rim.

Best point uve made since....well ever!

I don't mind the Al 3's as much if he just did the other things he used to do so well.

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Website not found. I'm starting to think that this charity is fake. This better not be the "African royalty" scam all over again. -_- 

But seriously, Al can't be one of the best bigs in the NBA if Sap is playing at a level that Al never has and that's no knock on Sap. 

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, Mdizzle5 said:

Website not found. I'm starting to think that this charity is fake. This better not be the "African royalty" scam all over again. -_- 

But seriously, Al can't be one of the best bigs in the NBA if Sap is playing at a level that Al never has and that's no knock on Sap. 

^ This +1000. I've come to the realization that Horf is what he is at this point. He's a good(not great) player and a great locker room guy. But is that really worth a max contract? The softness during the ECF and this season is a HUGE let down.