• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which BIG will it be?

JTB

No one wants to admit it and I can understand why....This isn't an overreaction post by any means but I hate to say what the truth is just as much as any other hawk fan...but the truth is that Horford or Sap got to go!

I really love these two! They both provide good scoring with the ability to spread the floor and they don't get in each other's way offensively but as good as they are or can be offensively they give up too much size and rebounding on both ends of the floor  to be in the post together.

those of you that's been saying this on the squawk...you were right! I'm facing the truth and As a Hawks fan I have to put aside my love for sap and horford and just admit that they can't get it done more so due to their size rather than their actual skill set and that's something they can't help. It hurts me to admit it but it's the truth staring at us in eyes of every Hawks fan.

The Cavs announcer was right! As annoying as his ass was throughout the game his final game comments were on point. Too much pressure is on the Hawks offense to be highly efficient since they can't rebound. It's like they can't miss a shot or else and it's not fair to the team!...they shouldn't have to go out there feeling like they have to hit every shot. If the Hawks can't score at a high percentage as a team they can't win games easily. It's clear as day when you go back and watch all these games.

So let's get right to it...when sap is eligible to be traded and if there's a team out there desperate enough for horford services do we pull the trigger?...I think so....and So far I can only think of one trade that we may be able to pull off but I don't believe any of you will necessarily like it but either sap or horford for Z bo could be a huge help for us...only bad thing is that Z Bo is up there in age but it's a big that can provide inside scoring and rebounding and has good size.

what are your true comments about horford and sap now that we are in over 10 games and what trade do you think the Hawks could realistically pull off to fix these huge problems?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LMAO ... a complete overreaction.

How so when you watch a team get beat the same exact way every time they lose?

theres clearly a problem and it's between horford and sap. They are good players but their lack of size is causing the Hawks as a team to HAVE to be too perfect offensively.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2

I say we get rid of Horf.  Paul Milsap is better than Al by a long shot. Milsap is one of the best players in the league.  I said it once and I say it again let's see if the Kings will take Horf for Cousins or a package that includes Willie Cauley-Stein. Its been too many times where Al was suppose to be the best player on the floor and he wasn't.  Al if playing soft and only has 3 games so far with double digit rebounds. He is averaging 7 rebounds a game. Teague averages 3 ,bazemore averages 4.5. and Korver averages 4 a game. There is nothing else to be said.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

I say we get rid of Horf.  Paul Milsap is better than Al by a long shot. Milsap is one of the best players in the league.  I said it once and I say it again let's see if the Kings will take Horf for Cousins or a package that includes Willie Cauley-Stein. Its been too many times where Al was suppose to be the best player on the floor and he wasn't.  Al if playing soft and only has 3 games so far with double digit rebounds. He is averaging 7 rebounds a game. Teague averages 3 ,bazemore averages 4.5. and Korver averages 4 a game. There is nothing else to be said.

Problem is...who is going to rent horford for a year?

i mean I like cousins but he's hard headed and reminds me of josh smith 

• Like 1

If we're going this route I say Horf too. He should be peaking now and playing great ball but it seems like he is regressing and we need some front court change. This isn't how he should be playing when we're on the verge of having to lay out some serious coin to keep him. Already paid the guy two years for titty tears.

If he could get us Cousins I'd say do it. Who was it that said, "you can have one knuckle head on your team, just don't give him a friend?"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JTB said:

How so when you watch a team get beat the same exact way every time they lose?

theres clearly a problem and it's between horford and sap. They are good players but their lack of size is causing the Hawks as a team to HAVE to be too perfect offensively.

It's a complete overreaction because those two aren't the problem.  Bud simply needs to adjust his scheme and lineup to fit his players.  Most important, he needs to find a combination that he can trust defensively.

Bud needs to go BIG, and stop trying to get maximum minutes out of people like Moose, Patterson, and Scott.  Start Splitter, let Al play PF, and move Millsap to SF ( or a Power 3 ).  

In the brief time that those 3 have played together this season ( 13 minutes ), they have played well.  And when you look at the 2 man groupings, both Al and especially Millsap, have gotten things done team wise, with Splitter on the floor.

I think Bud needs to give Horford and Millsap even more scoring responsibilities, and stop relying so much on scrubs to provide offense.  If they're jacking up 3s, I don't have a big problem with that IF a guy like Splitter is in the game and can grab an offensive rebound or 2, to give us some extra possessions.

Like I said earlier in the week, I fully expect this bad stretch of ball to get worse, before it gets better.  Bud will figure it out though, and we'll be on our way.

Just don't go into panic mode in November.

• Like 1

Minutes breakdown

PG: Teague (30) - Schröder  (18)

G: Korver (18) - Bazemore (26) - Schröder (4)

SF: Millsap (16) - Sefolosha  (22) - Korver ( 10 )

PF: Horford (16) - Millsap (20) - Scott/Moose (12)

C: Splitter (24) - Horford (20) - Moose (4) 

Total minutes

Teague (30) - Korver (28) - Millsap (36) - Horford (36) - Splitter  (24)

Schröder  (22) - Bazemore (26) - Sefolosha (22) - Moose/Scott (16)

The bigs are the strength of this team, not the wings.  Play to your strengths Bud.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LMAO ... a complete overreaction.

I don't think it's an overreaction.  It's a conversation that has been 9 years in the making.   When we first got Horf, he reproduced what we had in Smoove.    We got rid of Smoove (headcase) and got Sap.    Sap was more of a post player when we got him but has flourished in the midrange.  Since that time, Horf has gone from being midrange guy to being a guy who wants to prove that he can hit a three (Josh Smith Disease).   The part where he is right is that we have to be PERFECT for our offense to work because we're not getting those important second shots nor are we keeping the other team off the boards on defense.  IF our shots aren't falling, we're not going to win.  I suggested a band-aid like picking up a rebounding, banging big and moving Horf to PF and Sap to Sf.   But in all actuality, our game is strained because we don't have perfection and we don't have anybody rebounding consistently.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

While I like the thought of going after Cousins.  I think if we traded Horf, let's send him to Detroit for Stanley Johnson and Illyasova.

Here's why.   Johnson is a bonafide star at the Sf.   Period

Illyasova is a stretch forward.

We start Spitter and platoon some of our other bigs in there with him at C.  The victory comes in getting a bonafide superstar who will be the new Dominique.

I also like the Cauli Stein suggestion and of course, there's room to look around at Philly and see if they will consider giving up a big.

However, Detroit is a good fit for Horf.  He's from Michigan.  Moreover, they would have a killer frontcourt of Drummond, Horf, and Morris.

I been saying this for years. Horford is the one that needs to go. I wanted Asik from Houston waaay back when he was upset about them signing Howard. Now he is the key reason Davis is able to freelance in New Orleans.

Dwight Howard can opt out in Houston. Approach a sign and trade with him and horford and a draft pick and see if all parties will bite on it.

Say what you want about Howard,but he brings exactly what the hawks need, rebounding and shot blocking, without added bonus of the fact that since he stays in the paint area, teams can't cheat on defense. 

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Premium Member

If they move Horford, they should focus more on getting talent over trying to replace him immediately with another big who can rebound.  That guy might not be avaible at the trade deadline.  Horford being in the last year of his deal makes moving him now difficult as you could only send him to a team that he would be willing to re-sign with.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jody23 said:

If they move Horford, they should focus more on getting talent over trying to replace him immediately with another big who can rebound.  That guy might not be avaible at the trade deadline.  Horford being in the last year of his deal makes moving him now difficult as you could only send him to a team that he would be willing to re-sign with.

Houston would do it. 

1 minute ago, Jody23 said:

Perhaps, but I don't think Dwight re-signs in Atlanta.

Dwight doesn't have the prima donna cache he once had and will find out for himself on his next contract.  Atlanta is about the only city he could come to at this stage of his career and get his ego fed. That's OK,  as long as he does what he does on the floor.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Dwight doesn't have the prima donna cache he once had and will find out for himself on his next contract.  Atlanta is about the only city he could come to at this stage of his career and get his ego fed. That's OK,  as long as he does what he does on the floor.

I don't think the Hawks should bank on that as it was suggested that Dwight's reasons for not signing in Atlanta were more personal than professional.  He's on the down side anyway and the Hawks should be looking to build more for the future.  Howard wouldn't elevate them over Cleveland.

What about Z Bo or Faried?

they wouldn't necessarily make us contenders but in today's NBA you don't usually get back star talent for star talent...you may can get back a player with huge upside but we aren't getting some instant star player.

But I like some of these other suggestions that's been mentioned I'm just trying to throw out ideas....while also hoping and praying someone from the Hawks staff consider a fans opinion as silly as that may sound lol

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

I don't think the Hawks should bank on that as it was suggested that Dwight's reasons for not signing in Atlanta were more personal than professional.  He's on the down side anyway and the Hawks should be looking to build more for the future.  Howard wouldn't elevate them over Cleveland.

I would take Dwight no doubt but I don't think he changes any thing here like he once would have...we would get more blocks and rebounds but we would still be lacking that go to scorer when the offense get stagnant and with Howard having the biggest name on the team he may try to take over the game,..something we don't want to see!