• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Dennis leading the league in getting blocked?

capstone21

http://stats.nba.com/league/player/#!/misc/?sort=BLKA&dir=1

Well, no.  Well, at least not in average per game.  Don't know if there's a site that compiles it in terms of % of FGA because that would be more useful but as is he's just outside of the top 30 while Jeffrey is sitting at #10 in blocks against per game.

Oh wait, NBA.com is crazy useful:

http://stats.nba.com/league/player/#!/usage/?sort=PCT_BLKA&dir=1

Yeaaaaa, not good when you see something like 47% of attempts getting blocked though I'm having trouble figuring out what exactly that means (is it a % of his FGA or of the team's while he's on the court.)

2 hours ago, Blazemore said:

I can't decipher that either. If Dennis is getting blocked 47% of the time down the court on attempts, and averaging 1 block a game, that would mean he's taking around 2 shots per game....which is certainly not true. Would love it if someone could decipher this stat.

It's Percentage of Team's blocked field goal attempts 

What means Dennis owns 47% of the team's blocked attempts while on the court.
Since he takes by far the most shots of all bench players and is a small driving player, this value doesn't look very surprising to me.

Edited by rd79

31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Our backup PG and youngest player on our team is the least of our problems, his hair even more so.

Disagree.  If he cut his hair he'd be tons more aerodynamic.  Don't you know why swimmers shave their chest hair?  His hair just proves he's not a team-first player.

It's fitting that Pepe le Pew was posted earlier.  Seems the board has gone looney tunes since around October 28th.

vor 6 Stunden, JayBirdHawk sagte:

Our backup PG and youngest player on our team is the least of our problems, his hair even more so.

I disagree. He might be the backup PG, but his lack of contribution also as a starter is part of what is loosing tight games. Personally I think he tries to fit in to a new role and be more pass-first and with that lost his instinctive game. U know, when you start to be more careful in situations you miss many split-second  opportunities and end up in situation where you're forced yourself in to a bad play. The other day I watched Mavs vs SAN and Sam Elliot said something about some bad playing new player "he tries so hard to fit the system that he forgets who he is".  I feel similary with Dennis. I hope he can mesh his style with the new duties, but Im doubtful. He's a diva and often plays compoundingly worse once things are not going his way.  I think in this stage of his career, Hawks need to give him his space and utlize his cat-like instincts and speed while he still has it. Kid needs to play.

14 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

his lack of contribution also as a starter is part of what is loosing tight games

Bingo. Can make a very legit argument that Teague going down actually DID hurt pretty badly this season and it was because of Schröder regressing to his rookie self.

http://hoopshabit.com/2015/11/27/clutch-situations-reveal-dennis-Schröder-isnt-ready-start/

Pretty good read..

• Premium Member

Dennis is our Sixth man and gets lots of minutes. He ranks second to last in win shares per 48 minutes and offensive rating behind Justin Holiday (who has less than half the minutes on the floor than Dennis has) and his play is most definitely a reason we have struggled this year.  He needs to pick it up and start playing a lot better; Schröder was no small part of our success last year and we need him.

Not the worst but higher than we'd like certainly.  

Guards and Wings.  

Blocks Against per game, Field Goal attempts per game, %BlksAgainst/FGA

James Harden

6.22%

LeBron James

6.25%

Rudy Gay

7.27%

Andrew Wiggins

7.87%

Victor Oladipo

8.03%

DeMar DeRozan

8.23%

Danilo Gallinari

8.40%

Dennis Schröder

8.41%

Emmanuel Mudiay

8.63%

Jeff Teague

8.96%

Arron Afflalo

9.40%

Derrick Rose

9.87%

Damian Lillard

10.00%

Elfrid Payton

10.00%

Jerami Grant

13.95%

Edited by LeanMachine909

However those numbers come about, it's clear he's pretty damn high on the list.

He's too quick and Bud too smart for his struggles to continue.  They'll get it together.  It was only last year Jeff sat for a week and Dennis helped guide us through a dreaded 5 game West trip undefeated.  Regression can't be accepted.  

He definately needs a floater, though.  I think he misses a few foul calls too because he's always shielding himself with the off-arm.  It's just coaches and Bigs adjusting to his attack, so he has to do the same.  I also would like to see a lot more diving on the PNR from Al.

• Moderators
On 11/28/2015, 12:13:45, benhillboy said:

However those numbers come about, it's clear he's pretty damn high on the list.

He's too quick and Bud too smart for his struggles to continue.  They'll get it together.  It was only last year Jeff sat for a week and Dennis helped guide us through a dreaded 5 game West trip undefeated.  Regression can't be accepted.  

He definately needs a floater, though.  I think he misses a few foul calls too because he's always shielding himself with the off-arm.  It's just coaches and Bigs adjusting to his attack, so he has to do the same.  I also would like to see a lot more diving on the PNR from Al.

A floater would help.  I think everyone in the league knows he's going to go right and try to lay it up off the glass.  When you're short and they know where you're going that's  a problem.  

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

A floater would help.  I think everyone in the league knows he's going to go right and try to lay it up off the glass.  When you're short and they know where you're going that's  a problem.  

He has a floater, he just doesn't use it as often as he should particularly in the middle of the lane. He loves going baseline where the line acts as another defender, he needs to go middle more.