• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Playoffs?!?

Alex

To be honest, missing the playoffs could be a good thing. Draft (which hopefully they take seriously) and maybe it'll force Bud to rethink the gameplan and then think of another one in case that one doesn't work. Maybe it will also light a fire under some players asses (other than Sap) as well. 

Edited by Mdizzle5

13 hours ago, Mdizzle5 said:

To be honest, missing the playoffs could be a good thing. Draft (which hopefully they take seriously) and maybe it'll force Bud to rethink the gameplan and then think of another one in case that one doesn't work. Maybe it will also light a fire under some players asses (other than Sap) as well. 

The team is built to win now and since they got an aging core and a lot of FAs coming up within the next two summers, they need to do whatever to win now. Otherwise this team will be a lottery team in 2017. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

The team is built to win now and since they got an aging core and a lot of FAs coming up within the next two summers, they need to do whatever to win now. Otherwise this team will be a lottery team in 2017. 

Yep.

We definitely should make some type of free agent acquisition to help our struggling frontcourt.   I had hoped that Splitter would be that guy... BUT NOPE..   How long before Pero becomes available again?  Zaza is looking really good now.

I miss Zaza!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

Haven't we played that same song for years now? Sure, there are some good FAs next off season, but will we get any of the ones that put us over the top? I kind of feel like they'll pay Horford and then sign more 2nd to 3rd string level players. 

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Yep.

We definitely should make some type of free agent acquisition to help our struggling frontcourt.   I had hoped that Splitter would be that guy... BUT NOPE..   How long before Pero becomes available again?  Zaza is looking really good now.

I miss Zaza!!

We still need a good wing too. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Diesel said:

Yep.

I miss Zaza!!

And we easily could have had him instead of Splitter.   And the Spurs would not be as good.  Of course they would have found someone to take Splitter but still.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Don't worry, if we miss the playoffs I'm sure Bud will trade our first round pick for DNP-CD #2 so he can form the tag team Worst Trade Ever with DNP-CD #1.

Your T-Wolves have to feel the same way about trading a first for Payne at this point.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Your T-Wolves have to feel the same way about trading a first for Payne at this point.

It will probably be a second round pick at this point. But yes, it was a bad trade for the Wolves and I said as much here and on realgm when it happened.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

It will probably be a second round pick at this point. But yes, it was a bad trade for the Wolves and I said as much here and on realgm when it happened.

Don't dash our hopes!  How bad will that look for Hawks management:

"Hey guys...we had the 15th pick in consecutive drafts and got a handful of second round picks and a DNP-CD for them!  In related news, we also traded 2 quarters for 5 pennies!  We rock, am I right?"

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sothron said:

@Sothron  If we end of getting a 2nd round pick then the Wolves rebuild will be a failure if they haven't made the playoffs by 2020 - 5 years from now if I'm reading the details of the trade correctly.

The first-round draft pick the Hawks are getting is lottery protected in 2017. If the Wolves are in the lottery from 2017-2020, it will become a second-round pick.

Oh by the way, The wolves are looking to trade Payne (bad pick by BudenFerry, Good move  by BudCox to trade him):

If your team is looking for a big man that could provide a lift off the bench, Trail Blazers center Chris Kaman and Timberwolves forward Adreian Payne are available on the trade market as well, league sources said. 

@AHF  Our hopes aren't dashed....look^^^^

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

What exactly is this team built to win?  Some meaningless regular season games?  Because we've seen what happens to them in the playoffs and it's not good.  Holding on to this core, like the last one, is just delaying the inevitable.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@Sothron  If we end of getting a 2nd round pick then the Wolves rebuild will be a failure if they haven't made the playoffs by 2020 - 5 years from now if I'm reading the details of the trade correctly.

Oh by the way, The wolves are looking to trade Payne (bad pick by BudenFerry, Good move  by BudCox to trade him):

If your team is looking for a big man that could provide a lift off the bench, Trail Blazers center Chris Kaman and Timberwolves forward Adreian Payne are available on the trade market as well, league sources said. 

@AHF  Our hopes aren't dashed....look^^^^

Yes, I already said the Wolves trading for him was a bad move. Flip liked the M. State guys way too much.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Sothron said:

Don't worry, if we miss the playoffs I'm sure Bud will trade our first round pick for DNP-CD #2 so he can form the tag team Worst Trade Ever with DNP-CD #1.

You need to wait and see.  The trade saved us money and years.   The draft pick would have been DNP-CD also.  Maybe even playing in the NBADL or hidden overseas with the contingent of other wasted picks.

8 hours ago, Mdizzle5 said:

Haven't we played that same song for years now? Sure, there are some good FAs next off season, but will we get any of the ones that put us over the top? I kind of feel like they'll pay Horford and then sign more 2nd to 3rd string level players. 

We still need a good wing too. 

I don't recall this many pieces of the Hawks core being FAs at the same time. One starter this summer (Horford), 4 starters next summer (Teague, Thabo, Korver, Millsap), that's huge. If they resign Al, I'm sure he'll get the max. Then next summer, Millsap probably going to opt out and ask for 20+ mil too and Teague probably could get 20+ mil too if they resign him when you got PGs like Reggie Jackson making All-Star money, just saying they don't really have pieces waiting in the wings like the Spurs always had. Like if Millsap leaves, you can't expect the same production or impact from Muscula despite him being a good player, same with Bazemore replacing Korver etc.