• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud is failing the Hawks as BOTH Coach and GM..

Hawkmoor

Let me explain something. I KNOW it appears that im real negative about the Hawks. I AM, and its because i DO care about the team.  At the same time, they have ZERO benefit of the doubt with me because they have been in Atlanta since 1970 without a championship.  There is a BOARD consensus that the Hawks need help rebounding and or blocking shots. If WE know that, BUD knows that, GRANT HILL knows that. I bring Grant's name into this because like i said in the thread about the investors wanting to flip the Hawks down the road, the fact that Grant Hill KNOWS basketball, just reaffirms what i said in that thread.

Bud has been given license to run this team without any oversight. THATS the reason he continues to force that spread offense without making any adjustments or going after a big that can rebound and or block shots. The FIRST excuse always made on this board about Bud's offense when you suggest a big that can rebound etc.  is  " certain player cant play in Bud's spread offense."  

Forget that spread offense. THATS the problem. Bud REFUSES to adjust how its ran.  People are not looking at the PLAYS.  I examined a couple plays, the Hawks under pick and  roll, and their Hammer. In BOTH plays, there is ZERO reason that Horford HAS to be out in 3 point land. ZERO. In BOTH plays, Bud STILL has at least TWO shooters spread out on the perimeter at the conclusion of the play, WITHOUT Horford.

It reminds me of the spread offense in football. Its a new fangled product that puts up points, but at the end of the day, its the inside game ( running the football), and defense that wins championships. Any of yall remember when Buddy Ryan punched Kevin Gilbride on the sidelines because he kept running that spread offense and causing Buddy's defense to wear down.......lmao

ygvJ9Eg.gif

buddy-punch-o.gif

THATS the problem in Atlanta. One of them assistants needs to check Bud but they know they will get bounced out of there if they did. THEY KNOW this ship aint going anywhere. 

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

I resent Bud for not coming to Ferry's defense. Instead he exploited a ridiculous overblown controversy to force Ferry out and take complete control of all basketball decisions. I guess Bud thinks he could of pulled off the Joe Johnson trade, the Milsap signing, bringing in Korver, bringing in JYD, etc. So far Bud has not done jack squat to improve this team , Post- Ferry. And Guess what? Bud is not qualified to be GM. He just isn't. That is a totally different skill than coaching. It requires your full time dedication.You don't coach by day and GM at night. Sorry, you just don't. Hawks need to remove Buds personnel powers need to be removed and a general manager hired.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

So far Bud has not done jack squat to improve this team , Post- Ferry. And Guess what? Bud is not qualified to be GM. He just isn't. That is a totally different skill than coaching. It requires your full time dedication.You don't coach by day and GM at night. Sorry, you just don't.

Please give me full details of what Ferry would do to drastically improve last season's team. I'll wait.

Hint: The only thing he would have done differently is actually draft a player, who would be chilling on the bench most likely outside of garbage time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Please give me full details of what Ferry would do to drastically improve last season's team. I'll wait.

Hint: The only thing he would have done differently is actually draft a player, who would be chilling on the bench most likely outside of garbage time.

Bud couldn't have built that squad in the first place....

• Like 1

On 12/16/2015 at 10:52 AM, Hawkmoor said:

got one more.......picture of the Hawks trophy case:

2Q==

Oh hey look, everyone...it the same troll from the Atlanta Falcons Message Board.

Awful takes? Check.

Posting lame .gifs? Check

Posting an empty trophy case? Check.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

LOL ... What did Bud hear from you?   

That man has been a part of the NBA for 3 decades.  Unlike we fans, he knows better than to go into panic mode in November and December, especially when no other teams are running away from us.

Yes, he needed to tweak the lineup and/or define roles, which he did.  No, he didn't need some major shakeup to the team, to address one issue.

The most important thing for the Hawks come April, is to go into the playoffs healthy, and clicking on all cylinders.

As long as we're a top 3 seed, we're going to be alright.  

With the way Cleveland is loaded ( on paper ), we're not supposed to beat them.  The objective is to not have to play them until the Eastern Conference finals.  Honestly, it doesn't matter if we win 49 games or 59 games, that's the objective.

Now if we can make a roster move to strengthen the team, that would be an added bonus.  If not, Bud simply needs to keep coaching up these guys.

• Like 4

On 12/17/2015 at 9:27 PM, bleachkit said:

Bud is not qualified to be GM. He just isn't. That is a totally different skill than coaching. It requires your full time dedication.You don't coach by day and GM at night. Sorry, you just don't. Hawks need to remove Buds personnel powers need to be removed and a general manager hired.

Bud is Coach and President of Basketball Operations. Wes Wilcox is GM...

• Like 1

"Bud is failing the Hawks as BOTH Coach and GM.."

Already had to clue you in earlier that San Antonio didn't draft Kawhi Leonard, Bud and only Bud made that trade happen. Here's another lil' nugget for ya: Hawks GM is Wes Wilcox. Let's not make this a habit.....

• Like 2