• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pretty big win tonight at Boston IMO

DJlaysitup

I think this may be a game where Millsap's work late may establish some discipline for our offense.  It was nice to back up the easy win over the Philly D-Leaguers with a solid road win.

Our schedule isn't easy over the next 10-12  games, but if we can go on a run and win even like 8 or 9 of them we can distance ourselves a bit from some teams and establish ourselves in the top 4 or 5 at least in the E.C.

As much as I complain about Dennis's poor passing in the half court offense he did very well in the 2nd half.  Let's hope he can understand and keep doing that.

I really think this come from behind win against the up and coming Celtics may be an eye-opener for some of our players.  I hope.

Granted the Celtics aren't all that great - but we beat them at their place while shooting 4 for 20 from three point land.  Surely that has to get some guys' attention that going to the basket inside is a good thing.

GO HAWKS !!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The schedule is relatively light really IMO until February. Now is the time to go on a good run or it's probably not happening.

Agreed...but the thing is...there are some teams we will play soon that are considerably better inside than Boston.  I just want our guys to keep "banging" instead of just shooting threes all the time.  At least have a balance.

Don't get me wrong,  I love the threes,  when they go in :-)

1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Not really because of the 0-3 against the Thunder, Spurs and Miami.

I suppose you mean the Celtics.

Don't get me wrong, I fully expect that the up-and-coming Celtics aren't really developing a team from the "ground up" and will make a very major trade or free agent acquisition in the near future.  But we are ahead of them now...so that's cool.

Thoughts from Atlanta vs Boston game:

Our center played center tonight.  Hawksquawk members have wanted him inside and he went there almost all the game. 

He took, and made, one three pointer.  His toe was on the line so it was only a two.  But, for the most part, inside.

Jeff Teague tweaked his sore ankle in the third quarter.  Dennis the Menance finished the game and sure lived up to

his nickname with his finest performance this season.

Consistently terrible outside shooting for most of the game.  Hawks played, steal the ball defense and went inside on

offense.  It worked!  Finally, late, a few long ones hit.

Millsap was "The Man" for the Hawks and showed why he makes the big $$$.  He and Blazemore both had questionable

calls against them late and Blaze got a teck foul for his objections.  Watching on TV, some Atlanta fans thought that the

officials were sometimes a little one sided in favor of the home team.

Fearing Korver's three point shooting, defender chased him off the line and into some short shots, which he made.  Hawks

adjusted their game plan and the adjustments worked.

It's just one game and the Hawks are currently in 9th place in the east, out of the playoff picture.  I know.  It's still early but,

with each passing game, later is creeping up.  Don't let it catch us unawares.

:air_kiss:

• Like 4

Al is our best player but Millsap is earning every penny we paid him.  Big win on the road vs. a well-coached team.  Hope this is the beginning of a run.

But make no mistake though, Al is the boss of this team.  I'm glad Millsap is with us, but Al is the more valuable player.

Edited by bumpyphish1

1 hour ago, bumpyphish1 said:

Al is our best player but Millsap is earning every penny we paid him.  Big win on the road vs. a well-coached team.  Hope this is the beginning of a run.

But make no mistake though, Al is the boss of this team.  I'm glad Millsap is with us, but Al is the more valuable player.

No, he isn't.

Horford is regressing.

• Like 4

I like iced tea, sweetened.  Yummy!

Now, without the sugar, I don't like it.  Not at all.  It's still the same great, iced tea.  Yet, it isn't.

Millsap is like the tea.  He's great.  Horford is like the sugar in the tea.  He makes it great!

Together, tea and sugar, with ice added, is great!

Millsap and Horford together, now that's great too!  Add Jeff or Dennis, the ice, and we get WOW!!

• Like 2

Sad that's game like last night is a big win for the Hawks,but it was just that.  A much needed win too.  Didn't see any of the game except the little cut ins NBATV did, but from the box score Al actually played like an NBA center.  It is encouraging that the Hawks were able to win without having success from the three point line.  

• Like 3

Another positive of late that hasnt been adressed, is Splitter getting better. I notiticed in the game vs Philly, when he got two freet-throws, that his FG% is now 50%. It was 45% just a short time ago I remember. I also have lots of pictures in my mind of Splitter fumbling passes all game long, something he was known for when he entered the league. But he stabilized and played a solid role on a championship team. I dont see him fumbling passes as much any more either.  If we keep playing like this, all we need is a good SF.

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

I like iced tea, sweetened.  Yummy!

Now, without the sugar, I don't like it.  Not at all.  It's still the same great, iced tea.  Yet, it isn't.

Millsap is like the tea.  He's great.  Horford is like the sugar in the tea.  He makes it great!

Together, tea and sugar, with ice added, is great!

Millsap and Horford together, now that's great too!  Add Jeff or Dennis, the ice, and we get WOW!!

True. Great, now I want iced tea :-)

I didn't realize we shot that poorly from three.  That was a quality win, we were 4 point dogs.  

Sadly Boston will likely attract their championship-aspirational missing pieces before we do because Ainge knows what it takes and will do damn near anything.  They're wildly overachieving like we did last year except Johnson and Sullinger can't be compared to ALSAP.  I love how Turner thinks he's Michael Jordan whenever Kyle is guarding him.  

I'd take Smart and that Hunter kid for depth all day, I'm sure Bud likes his Kevin Martin-like stroke and range doesn't seem to be a problem.  I've given up hope that Moose could be Olynyk someday.  We all thought Crowder is reminiscent of Demarre but his IQ isn't quite up to snuff.

5 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

No, he isn't.

Horford is regressing.

I just couldn't disagree with you more.  Horford has added the 3 point shot to be even more of a sabermetric god.  He's struggled a bit this season at times but his combination of versality, size, and IQ are virtually unmatched.  He is a perfect cornerstone for a franchise to build around.  Championship caliber skills and intangibles.  As a big man, needs the right supporting cast and we have part of that in place already--just a piece or two away....and maybe a little development from Dennis.