• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Korver will be fine but....

JTB

We need to sit our elite 3pt shooter ASAP. I would say sit him for the next 2 weeks or so.

Personally I think it's Korvers elbow after the surgery bothering him. If you watch these past 3 games his long ball (3pt shot) is hitting the front of the rim on a lot of his shots as if he doesn't have the power to get it over the rim. Then on other deep shots the ball is hitting the outside back of the rim (if that makes sense)

At the end of the day I've been pushing and hoping Korver goes to the bench due to the emergence of Bazemore and the fact that Baze and Thabo would bring great perimeter defense in the starting lineup.....but then again my thoughts are changing as I'm starting to see Korver get his normal looks again from deep as well as screens are being set better and ball movement is crisp.

Back to the POINT....Post-surgery in my opinion Korver is feeling some sort of pain causing his shots to go flat...looks like he should rest his elbow more or if it's just something he has to get use to if there is pain going on like I suspect then it may be a while before we see our 40% 3pt shooter again.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I don't think he needs to get benched but certainly he shouldn't be playing so much.  Especially at the end of games.    Thabo is playing great on both ends and finishes around the basket as good as anyone.    I agree Korver will get hot eventually but the Baze/Thabo lineup is a great one and should be used more while Korver is in a funk.

• Like 1

Not two weeks, two games would be more like it.

Temporary, he is not only inactive, he's on the coaching staff!  We all know,

from watching the post game interviews and from what we hear from others that

he has a very high basketball IQ and that he's able to communicate well.  You wouldn't

necessarily have to tell anyone except his team mates.  We would see him, on the sideline

and inactive, talking to his team.  He gets to relax and rest his sore whatever and we still

get the benefit of his wisdom!

:aggressive:

The difference in his shot looks more pronounced than it did at the start of the season.  The release comes out higher, takes longer, and the arc dies near the rim.  

I can't believe all of Threezus' power has been snatched back by the Gods.  But damn, these past two games' sample size of 1-20 cannot be ignored.  Knowing he's a safety cone on defense, his historically bad shooting is costing us games, and that is totally unacceptable.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

The difference in his shot looks more pronounced than it did at the start of the season.  The release comes out higher, takes longer, and the arc dies near the rim.  

I can't believe all of Threezus' power has been snatched back by the Gods.  But damn, these past two games' sample size of 1-20 cannot be ignored.  Knowing he's a safety cone on defense, his historically bad shooting is costing us games, and that is totally unacceptable.

I actually think it's the legs.   He's shooting well from shorter distances.  His free throws are money.   His jump at the 3 looks more vertical than the slight lean toward the hoop he usually has.  Not that i'm a shot doctor or anything, but to me when you're short it's usually fatigue in the legs.   We know he had to sit on the couch much of the summer which he doesn't usually do, and he pretty much game right back to 25 - 30 minutes a night.   

• Like 1

If I have to watch them run that 'get Kyle a shot' play, where he runs baseline past a thousand screens only to reach the arc with his defender practically in his hip pocket, again I might go run in traffic.  It's like, "Dude, it ain't working this year!"

I was surprised to see Kyle runs further and moves faster than last year (+.11 miles, +.08 MPH).  

I think coaches are simply drilling their players harder on how to cover him off the ball.  I'm pretty sure Baze, Al, and Tiago don't set screens as hard as Pero and DeMarre.  I noticed the screening last year and how defenders routinely got hung up and stoned.  Much less so this year.  

I've started to accept the team kinda "coasting" toward the playoffs as far as physical contact: Dennis and Jeff's paint drives are down, Thabo's exertion still being monitored, and the paltry rebounding numbers from our Cs.  Sap's is the only player who's minutes and style haven't been altered because he's still probably amazed at how his checks look and I'm guessing even after the shoulder injury he's still deemed to be the most durably-built player on the roster by far.  Jeff used to be an iron man and Baze is in phenomenal shape, but clearly the staff doesn't play around with ankles. Those health and conditioning trackers that the staff place a lot of stock in are in full effect. 

I trust we'll see a spike in energy and physicality once the playoffs start instead of the other way around last year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The last 4 games Korver was 8/24 for 33%, the previous 4 games he shot 2/26 for 7%.

Let's hope he's starting to round the corner.

I lot will continue to be made of Korver shooting sub 40% on the season but it really means little as long as he starts hitting them when it counts in the playoffs.   Assuming we keep winning of course.     Last year he shot nearly 50% and then 35 % for the playoffs.   I'd be much happier if it went the other way.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I lot will continue to be made of Korver shooting sub 40% on the season but it really means little as long as he starts hitting them when it counts in the playoffs.   Assuming we keep winning of course.     Last year he shot nearly 50% and then 35 % for the playoffs.   I'd be much happier if it went the other way.  

Agreed.  All his awful 1st half tells me is that, by the law of averages, he's gonna kill it in the 2nd half of the season.

It'll allow me to dust off a few more Kyle catch phrases in chat.  This week I'm going with, "Ain't nuthin' but a 3 thang, baeby."

They kept talking about CHI being a measuring stick for them, and some other of the comments seemed like maybe they are not necessarily killing themselves every night on purpose, and I know that is taboo to insinuate but I read lots of the quotes from that game, I wished I could remember them all but I remember one from I think Teague that was kinda like ok well - maybe they are micro managing the season trying to be healthy as possible and plenty rested for the post season.  When you watch the bulls game its like what is this, they look twice as fast and the effort just screams at you.  As opposed to shuffling around with some other games your like what are they doing, just looks way different than last year. 

1 hour ago, hylndr11 said:

They kept talking about CHI being a measuring stick for them, and some other of the comments seemed like maybe they are not necessarily killing themselves every night on purpose, and I know that is taboo to insinuate but I read lots of the quotes from that game, I wished I could remember them all but I remember one from I think Teague that was kinda like ok well - maybe they are micro managing the season trying to be healthy as possible and plenty rested for the post season.  When you watch the bulls game its like what is this, they look twice as fast and the effort just screams at you.  As opposed to shuffling around with some other games your like what are they doing, just looks way different than last year. 

Agree with this.  I know the season ebbs and flows and you want to play your best ball going into the season.  But you also want to win and blow out teams you should, give more time to bench guys.  I don't like playing down to the competition.