• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyle Korver can not play significant mins in this league anymore!

Lurker

This has been glaring in the last three games, teams aggressively attack him on defense, especially today. NY pretty much gave the ball to whoever Korver was guarding and it always resulted in a bucket or foul. He cannot be hidden on anyone anymore.

It will be flat out ridiculous if this team wins 50 games with how bad he has been, he and Horford have been the main reason for the last two losses.

He's one year removed from the best season of his career and coming off an injury.  Posts like this are silly.

He's in a rut.  He didn't all of a sudden forget how to shoot.

And shocker, it's Lurker.  Why do you post?  Are you masochist?  Your posts are definitely sadistic to the intelligent posters--that is for certain,  Please for the love of God stop posting that the world is on fire every time we lose a game.

Edited by bumpyphish1
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, bumpyphish1 said:

He's one year removed from the best season of his career and coming off an injury.  Posts like this are silly.

He's in a rut.  He didn't all of a sudden forget how to shoot.

And shocker, it's Lurker.  Why do you post?  Are you masochist?  Your posts are definitely sadistic to the intelligent posters--that is for certain,  Please for the love of God stop posting that the world is on fire every time we lose a game.

I understand your point, but my biggest issue has been his lack of athleticism.  It looks to me like that ankle injury might have slowed his lateral movement and his first step quite noticeably.  Last year, Korver was quick and smart enough to at least guide players taking him off the dribble into help.  This year, he is really struggling with that, especially when he's put into PNR situations.  Not sure how much additional time is going to help with these challenges...

Just now, SalvorMallow said:

Last year, Korver was quick and smart enough to at least guide players taking him off the dribble into help.  This year, he is really struggling with that, especially when he's put into PNR situations.  Not sure how much additional time is going to help with these challenges...

Bingo. His ankle strength being sapped may very well have taken away his only solid qualities on D.

36 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Bingo. His ankle strength being sapped may very well have taken away his only solid qualities on D.

Nonsense, he has been no worse on defense this season.  The ankle may still be bothering him, but it ain't age.

I'm sure he goes on a tear soon, and I'll have to be sure to revisit this post....as I will the Horford thread when we re-sign him to a reasonable, fair contract.

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, bumpyphish1 said:

Nonsense, he has been no worse on defense this season.  The ankle may still be bothering him, but it ain't age.

I'm sure he goes on a tear soon, and I'll have to be sure to revisit this post....as I will the Horford thread when we re-sign him to a reasonable, fair contract.

Kyle Korver is performing worse in nearly every single statistical category available on basketball reference, and in many cases, significantly worse.  The only things he has maintained are his steals, blocks and turnovers, and he is actually shooting the 2 ball at a much better clip up to .53 from .47.

Everything else, and I mean everything from free throw attempts and free throw percentage to defensive rating and DBPM he is doing worse. 

While I don't think it's time to panic, it definitely wouldn't hurt to see how a Baze, Sef starting lineup would look for a game or two, right?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bumpyphish1 said:

I will the Horford thread when we re-sign him to a reasonable, fair contract.

The rumor is he's looking for a max contract or he's done in Atlanta. And if the rumor is true it should be done in Atlanta and go rebuild like Portland did. But if he's resigned, Atlanta's upside  with him is the Portland of 2013-2014/2014-2015 or Memphis of 2010-2011 to 2014-2015. That's it. They do not have championship upside with him and never will but the upside of a team that is usually very competitive and fun to watch 8 of 10 games, but is just playing for pride and fun.

• Premium Member

The ankle injury has clearly affected him far worse than anyone could have thought. Korver did not have much athletic ability to begin with but he had just enough to go with his high BBIQ to be in places on defense. Now he doesn't have even that little bit of ability to move with quickness. He needs to be nothing more than a rotation player brought in for shooting at this stage in his career.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The rumor is he's looking for a max contract or he's done in Atlanta. And if the rumor is true it should be done in Atlanta and go rebuild like Portland did. But if he's resigned, Atlanta's upside  with him is the Portland of 2013-2014/2014-2015 or Memphis of 2010-2011 to 2014-2015. That's it. They do not have championship upside with him and never will but the upside of a team that is usually very competitive and fun to watch 8 of 10 games, but is just playing for pride and fun.

Horford will likely get a max deal and from a personal standpoint, I don't blame him.  He has relatively short earning window as an athlete, so it makes alot of business sense to get as much as he can now.

If the Hawks are adamant on keeping him, you could see his situation play out similar to Paul's.  Reportedly, the Hawks were confident they would keep both Carroll and Millsap until Millsap scored that max offer from Orlando and possibly leveraged that to get Atlanta to match it.  Despite the numbers, I'm sure someone will offer Horford the max just like they did with Sap and then Atlanta will have to make a decision.  It's a business.

The last game against OKC should have been enough proof that Kyle might need some time off or needs to come off the bench. Anthony Morrow beat Kyle off the dribble like twice that game. I don't think I have ever seen Morrow beat anyone off the dribble at any point when I have watched him play.  Kyle is bad on both ends right now. When you cant defend a guy who is not known to create off the dribble then you have some problems defensively.   And what is troubling about his shooting is that he is missing wide open shots.  It would be different if he was missing shots with a defender all in his grill but he has gotten some good looks recently and he isn't  cashing in. He killed teams last year when they lost track of where he was on the court. He cant make them pay this year though with his struggles. Its hard to watch him out there.

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Agree to disagree.  Wrong thread.

The "rumor" huh?  Who is your source.  You can answer that in the Horford thread.

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

This has been glaring in the last three games, teams aggressively attack him on defense, especially today. NY pretty much gave the ball to whoever Korver was guarding and it always resulted in a bucket or foul. He cannot be hidden on anyone anymore.

It will be flat out ridiculous if this team wins 50 games with how bad he has been, he and Horford have been the main reason for the last two losses.

Why you say Horford?