• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do the Knicks have a better roster than the Hawks?

Hawkmoor

Roster  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, pimp said:

Exactly , going back to last season the Hawks were outstanding in Dec. and Jan,
but were a little above average team in Nov. ,Feb, Mar, April ,May and Nov and Dec of this season.
That's 2 months of greatness and 7 months of being slightly above average . 
I have to think the larger serving size is who we really are. A slighty above average, that did nothng to replace Carroll or fix our defensive rebounding issues.

Which is what Barkley kept saying and people didnt wanna hear it. He predicted BEFORE the season started how this would play out.  I was upset about him being down on the Hawks, but he was right. Without a big time move to acquire talent, it is what it is with the Hawks.  A good, but not great team.

Once again, it isn't losing Carroll, it's Teague having the worst defensive season of his career and Korver not being playable right now but continuing to play 30+ MPG. Mainly those. And from what I've seen, the Korver problem doesn't look like it's going to be fixed because of stubbornness.

• Like 3

The Knicks are decent.  I figured they'd win tonight.  Going into Miami and winning handily  versus a totally different and bigger team from the night before is impressive, no matter how sloppy Miami is a lot of the time on offense.  They still got 2 HOFers.

Last year when Hawks still had DMC, they had enough talent, and DMC always plays hard every night. I don't knoq why they let go DMC.. not really fan of that move. .. Korver isnt the same as last year, after that injury caused by Delladenova. Teague and horford, i feel like they're less motivated compared last year. 

I think Hawks just need to look for a player that is DMC or Kawhi leonard type, that plays hard and give 100% every night. I know Bud is good at finding undiscovered talent player, because he's the one who forced Coach pop to do the George Hill and Kawhi trade.

Getting a good draft pick player would help hawks a lot too.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

Sure wish they would have traded for Batum and made the necessary plan B adjustments for in case Korver came back looking as cooked as he did as I had a sinking feeling that may happen. Teague/Bazemore/Batum/Millsap/Horford would've looked better.

Korver right now is playing the role of a starter with no defense or offense.

6 hours ago, High5 said:

Joe JOHNSON is the BEST player in Atlanta Hawks HISTORY and Bargnani and Lopez are a combined FOURTEEN feet tall! They also have Willie Reed which is ONE LETTER away from HALL OF FAMER Willis Reed. 

C'mon guys, I thought we determined green font for sarcasm.

I could sense it here but honestly I've heard more far fetched things on this board and people were dead serious.  Gotta separate yourself from the crazies somehow.

No. But they have a better player of both teams in Melo. They have a player with the most potential in KP. Other than that, the Hawks are all around better. 

1 hour ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Last year when Hawks still had DMC, they had enough talent, and DMC always plays hard every night. I don't knoq why they let go DMC.. not really fan of that move. .. Korver isnt the same as last year, after that injury caused by Delladenova. Teague and horford, i feel like they're less motivated compared last year. 

I think Hawks just need to look for a player that is DMC or Kawhi leonard type, that plays hard and give 100% every night. I know Bud is good at finding undiscovered talent player, because he's the one who forced Coach pop to do the George Hill and Kawhi trade.

Getting a good draft pick player would help hawks a lot too.

We didn't have enough money to sign him and Sap

To me, Arron Afflalo puts them over the Hawks roster. Didnt the Hawks even LOOK at him back when he was a free agent last year?  If they had signed him, the Hawks shooting weakness from the wings wouldnt be there this year. Just destroyed the Hawks the other night. 

503289242.jpg

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Porzingis plus Melo's willingness to trust his teammates is paying big dividends for the Knicks.   I think they'll make the playoffs and big a tough matchup for somebody.     I'd certainly rather face Indy, Detroit, Orlando, or Boston. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Detroit is a really bad matchup for Atlanta unless they are planning on doing hack-a-Dre for the entire series if it happens. Really bad.

I still rather face them in the playoffs than the Knicks 2 7 footers and Melo.    With Detroit all you have to worry about is Drummond.

• Like 1

NY continues to beat up on us and you must ask, "Who is better?" 

We're not the only one.  NY won again last night, a back to back game, after playing the

Hawks in Atlanta and coming out on top here.  Knickerbockers are getting there!

I think it's a close comparison, but the Knicks have a better roster.  They also have a brighter future too.  

To those saying we  need to relax, I respectfully disagree.  The Spurs have proved how good they are time and time again.  Their track record speaks for itself.  The Hawks on the other hand  don't have the success to back up mediocre play in the regular season and somehow make it work in the post season.  I have said it for awhile now.  The Hawks are a flawed team and are only getting worse while other teams in the east get better.  

• Like 2