• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Celtics after Teague & Horford

JTB

Sorry if already posted but Im wondering what in the hell is Boston going to offer the Hawks for Teague AND Horford! LOL....I mean I would take Jae Crowder and Avery Bradley all day but not for both players! What sucks is that Danny Ainge is the exact type of dumb ass to get over on, on a trade but the celtics just don't have a sexy roster though there are some good defenders on there but mainly on the perimeter which also seem to need.

Don't get me wrong this isn't a bad starting lineup and bench:

Pg: Dennis

Sg: Baze

Sf: Crowder

Pf: Sap

C: I guess Tiago starts! LOL I mean getting rid of horford wouldn't be a smart choice with this team.

Bench

Pg: Avery Bradley

Sg: Korver/Hardaway

Sf: Thabo

Pf: Scott

C: Moose/Edy

So looking at this you cant lie the  perimeter defense is fixed BIG TIME man we would be lock down on the perimeter but inside the paint would still be hell as we hold our breath when opponents step foot inside the paint and rebounding only improves slightly with Crowder...So why it isn't the worst trade other players would have to be involved. Man if Edy was ready to go right now or even if he would be ready to go by next season this trade would pay off in the long run...  Also Marcus Smart wouldn't be a bad player to have. He still has a high ceiling I believe but why the hell would we go after him when we have Bazemore for the future?

ARTICLE: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/240620/Celtics-Have-Inquired-On-Al-Horford-Jeff-Teague

The Boston Celtics have inquired about the availability of Al Horford and Jeff Teague.

The Celtics have a considerable number of trade assets to facilitate a trade.

"Atlanta, I've been told, is ready to turn the page, to give the team to Dennis Schröder, their young point guard,who is ready to step up and be a starter," Mannix said. "Teague is available because Teague has some value. He has another year left on his contract, about $8 million per year, and teams across the league are looking to get him.

"I've heard that Boston's inquired about several players with Atlanta, Teague and Al Horford. Teague might seem like a weird fit with this team because they already have point guards but he is an asset, he's someone the Celtics could be interested in. Horford, a little more difficult. It would be a gamble going after Al Horford because Al Horford is in the last year of his deal and he's going to command a salary north of $20 million next year. But as we know and as I just said, Danny Ainge is a gambling GM. He could make a move like that too."

Honestly now that I think about it this is something that Bud would probably do if Ainge is seriously considering blowing up the team again. 

56ad9cd69181e_ScreenShot2016-01-31at12.3

The question is how dumb is Ainge and how risky is Bud knowing the positives and negatives of this?

Positives:

-We get our DMC back but this time for 3 years left on his contract (Crowder)

-We get an outstanding defender at backup Point guard however he is injury prone (Bradley)

-We get another high potential future all star player to go along with Dennis (Smart)

-We get a Center that can actually hit 3's at a high rate if we are going to play that way (Olynyk)

-Team perimeter defense would be a beast adding these guys with Dennis, Baze, Thabo!

-3pt shooting gets a huge lift adding Avery, Crowder, Olynyk

Negatives:

-This will eat up cap space and we will have no money to really play with. That means Sap, Olynyk, Tiago, Moose, Scott will likely be the BIG man rotation unless Bud makes another trade.

-Still a rebounding issue! Crowder may help a little

-Paint defense would be horrible maybe even worst with Kelly defending the rim unless Sap and Tiago can make a real difference of if Tiago becomes a full time starter which Bud likely won't do since he can't spread the floor.

Overall the team on the perimeter would be better on both ends and us hawk fans can have some hope that Dennis and Smart become all stars some day. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I can't dislike your proposals any more strongly. No way in hell I trade Teague for Crowder. Nor would I trade 2 All Star caliber players for 4 players who are all a notch or more below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well some here don't consider Teague an all star player...after all he only did it one year. Horford I understand. 

If I'm trading Teague, I want to get great value. He has 1.5 years of service for any team thinking of getting him till his contract runs up. I can't do a trade for Crowder straight up. I need an all star or borderline all star or at least a young guy with a big upside coming back in any trade. 

6 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

If I'm trading Teague, I want to get great value. He has 1.5 years of service for any team thinking of getting him till his contract runs up. I can't do a trade for Crowder straight up. I need an all star or borderline all star or at least a young guy with a big upside coming back in any trade. 

I agree just thought hawk fans would like the trade straight up cause we get a good wing defender that can knock down the 3 but trade can be adjusted!

Teague for Crowder and Smart works too...

So there your young player with big upside. Only problem is would you consider Smarts upside bigger than Bazemore's since they are both SGs. Obviously Smart plays PG too but Dennis already has won over bud. So if that trade happened we would have 3 SG's with good potential in Baze, Hardaway, Smart.

Trust me I know Teague is the better player in all these scenarios  right now and some consider him an all star but until he has another complete strong year I can't believe he's a every season all star reserve  player like Al and Sap. I may not trade Teague for Crowder straight up but hell if Crowder is on the table I'm taking him! Dude is a hair away from being an elite defensive wing and he can knock down the 3.

i wouldn't pass that opportunity up. Teague for crowder and Kelly olynk would work too 

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Then again...This works too! and I know ALL Hawk fans would do this trade in a heartbeat!

((((((((((If you're sick of Teague!!!!))))))))

56ada331959e7_ScreenShot2016-01-31at1.00

Ainge probably wouldn't do that straight up...but just throwing it out there.

FIXED

1 hour ago, Dolfan23 said:

I can't dislike your proposals any more strongly. No way in hell I trade Teague for Crowder. Nor would I trade 2 All Star caliber players for 4 players who are all a notch or more below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awful trade ideas is here. I can't wait till this time of the year is over. 

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

I agree just thought hawk fans would like the trade straight up cause we get a good wing defender that can knock down the 3 but trade can be adjusted!

Teague for Crowder and Smart works too...

So there your young player with big upside. Only problem is would you consider Smarts upside bigger than Bazemore's since they are both SGs. Obviously Smart plays PG too but Dennis already has won over bud. So if that trade happened we would have 3 SG's with good potential in Baze, Hardaway, Smart.

Trust me I know Teague is the better player in all these scenarios  right now and some consider him an all star but until he has another complete strong year I can't believe he's a every season all star reserve  player like Al and Sap. I may not trade Teague for Crowder straight up but hell if Crowder is on the table I'm taking him! Dude is a hair away from being an elite defensive wing and he can knock down the 3.

i wouldn't pass that opportunity up. Teague for crowder and Kelly olynk would work too 

I guess Teague for Crowder and Kelly O. or Smart would be something to consider for sure. I like Smart's potential, think he would develop well under Bud. Kelly O. is a guy that would do well in our system. Good feel for the game and a great outside touch for a big. 

I guess im just tired of the rumors that have us bending over every which way to please other teams with trades and getting hosed doing so.

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

I guess Teague for Crowder and Kelly O. or Smart would be something to consider for sure. I like Smart's potential, think he would develop well under Bud. Kelly O. is a guy that would do well in our system. Good feel for the game and a great outside touch for a big. 

I guess im just tired of the rumors that have us bending over every which way to please other teams with trades and getting hosed doing so.

I agree. Look, i want Horford out of that center position, but i dont want to give him away to do it.  Whats enticing to me is a package of Teague which would bring back Kelly, but keeping Horford.  Slide Horford over to the 4 and play a big lineup. Ive been harping on that for a while also. Its a interchangeble lineup that Bud can tweak against quicker teams, but to be honest, due to the fact that Sap and Horford being able to put the ball on the floor, and move in space, im not too worried about trotting this lineup out there against anybody.......You got INSTANT credibility on the boards, and can still play spread ball.  Believe it or not, i would max Horford in THIS scenario, but not as a max center. 

pg dennis

sg  korver/baze

sf sap

pf horford

c kelly

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

I like Crowder since he played in Dallas. When I watched for SFs this week, I thought this would be a nice 3 to have. But I thought BOS doesn't need a PG. 
So I would do a Jea-Jeff trade (but my opinion may be influenced by the wish of seeing Dennis starting when I get up at night)

Jae is under contract for FOUR more years for something like 7M a year.

I'd would be nice to have starter not looking for a big payday after one or two seasons (like Sap, Baze and DeMarre). 

12 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

c kelly

I haven't watched a lot of BOS games recently, but every time I see them, I wouldn't assume that Kelly is the one to choose when you want to replace of a soft starting stretch five...

He shots 3.1 3s in 20 mins, isn't even a starter in BOS and looks like a girl to me (not even like a nasty girl...)

I like Crowder, but only for what he is, which is no where near Teague. Srsly..but I'd like Stretch-5 Olynik, if only because of his hsitory with CLE Love and the scare he might still have going up against him.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

43 minutes ago, rd79 said:

I haven't watched a lot of BOS games recently, but every time I see them, I wouldn't assume that Kelly is the one to choose when you want to replace of a soft starting stretch five...

He shots 3.1 3s in 20 mins, isn't even a starter in BOS and looks like a girl to me (not even like a nasty girl...)

Ummmmm...wait what's that now? Did you just ummm..wow...lol

15 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ummmmm...wait what's that now? Did you just ummm..wow...lol

I meant he isn't the one to scare anybody (unless he likes you that much that he wants to hold your hand while rebounding)  - not by his play nor by his look. Another soft player who plays like he looks... 

2 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

I agree. Look, i want Horford out of that center position, but i dont want to give him away to do it.  Whats enticing to me is a package of Teague which would bring back Kelly, but keeping Horford.  Slide Horford over to the 4 and play a big lineup. Ive been harping on that for a while also. Its a interchangeble lineup that Bud can tweak against quicker teams, but to be honest, due to the fact that Sap and Horford being able to put the ball on the floor, and move in space, im not too worried about trotting this lineup out there against anybody.......You got INSTANT credibility on the boards, and can still play spread ball.  Believe it or not, i would max Horford in THIS scenario, but not as a max center. 

pg dennis

sg  korver/baze

sf sap

pf horford

c kelly

That would work for me. To bring crowder off the bench along with Thabo at SF but eventually he will start. Ainge  would probably like the speedy backcourt ...I think he would look forward to starting Teague at SG with Thomas running point.

This scenario kinda puts THJ to no minutes. Not sure if hawk fans have watched crowder but that man is definitely starter material. I wouldn't want that defense of his on the bench too long ultimately Kelly would come off the bench and we would get rid of moose.

pg: dennis

sg: Baze (is a starter now bud must realize)

sf: crowder (This is a DMC LIKE GUY he will show it immediately)

pf: sap

c: horford 

this would be the lineup at the end of the day but with a much deeper and dependable bench with .....

Pg: Smart (get smart in this package by throwing in holiday and Moose)

sg: korver (korver is a bench player now and Bud has to realize this)

sf: Thabo

pf: Scott 

c: Tiago/Kelly/Edy

thats a hell of a lot of 3 point shooters on the bench and gives bud true big men options he can depend on and another high potential pg. In the starting unit bud has two 3&D guys to surround Dennis and our all star big men Sap and Horford. 

This gets us back to what we were last year with more athleticism on the perimeter and actually more speed as well. 

Edited by JTB

5 hours ago, rd79 said:

Im looking at what Boston would give up if they cant have Horford and the fact that i dont want a scoring center. I want somebody on the boards.  Horford can stay on the perimeter and Kelly help on the boards.

33 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Im looking at what Boston would give up if they cant have Horford and the fact that i dont want a scoring center. I want somebody on the boards.  Horford can stay on the perimeter and Kelly help on the boards.

But I wouldn't pair Al with a big who has a similar skillset and hasn't proved he is starter material