• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Celtics after Teague & Horford

JTB

• Moderators
11 hours ago, kurupt said:

I don't get what people see in Marcus Smart. The dude is shooting 35% from the field, 24% from 3 (while taking 4 of them per game). Thats f***ing terrible!

The only thing I could see him being a plus for your team is as a defender. And there are easier ways to get "just a good Defender" at SG.

So shooting the same as THJr.  Got it.

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

Boston won't trade that Nets'pick.

This.  It's why all these reports of astronomical pix supposedly being offered by BOS should be taken with a grain of salt.  So now all these plebians will read that report and be like, "Ooh, Ainge is so edgy as a GM.  Look he offered all dees picks to Atlanta but they overvalue their players so they said no"; "Whoa, the Celts gonna build a dynasty wid all dees assets.  Too bad Atlanta doesn't wanna build a champion."

It was probably 8 2nd's and some 1st in the late 20's.

Others have said it before but I'll say it again: IF IT DOESN'T INCLUDE THE NEDS PICK, THERE'S NO DEAL WITH BOS!

Take all these pro-Boston trade "rumors" and toss them in the garbage where they belong.

{Disclaimer: This rant was not aimed at @JayBirdHawk.  I just have a general animosity to pro-Boston media who seem to think we're all idiots.}

1 hour ago, AHF said:

So shooting the same as THJr.  Got it.

Here we go again ...

RealGM has a site where Draft picks are listed...

2016 first round draft pick from Dallas
Dallas' 1st round pick to Boston protected for 1-7 in 2016, 1-7 in 2017, 1-7 in 2018, 1-7 in 2019 and 1-7 in 2020 and unprotected in 2021 [Boston-Dallas, 12/18/2014]

2018 first round draft pick from Memphis
Memphis' 1st round pick to Boston protected for selections 1-12 in 2018 (conveyable if Memphis conveys a 1st round pick to Denver in 2016), 1-8 in 2019 (conveyable if Memphis has conveyed a 1st round pick to Denver by 2017) and 1-6 in 2020 (conveyable if Memphis has conveyed a 1st round pick to Denver by 2018) and unprotected in 2021 [Boston-Memphis-New Orleans, 1/12/2015]

Edited by rd79

54 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Would be harder to deny if Sullinger was being offered... but I'd still say nah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sullinger??? Sigh.

He's gonna be a RFA which means he's looking to get paid as well (not as much as Al) but I don't trust that he won't get FATTER after he gets paid.

3 minutes ago, RWF said:

Then Crowder and a 1st for Teague and Horford.

What? You can't trade 2 starters for that, is that how little you value our players.

This what the Nuggets got for Afflalo last season:

"The Blazers sent Thomas Robinson, Will Barton, Victor Claver and a lottery-protected first-round pick to the Nuggets for Afflalo and Alonzo Gee."

This team may be struggling but I'm not gifting Boston squat.

1 minute ago, skimaskway23 said:

Horford alone is worth more than that package. But I agree it should center around crowder. Crowder and 2 1sts for horford would be solid to me.

Yeah and add one of Lee or Sullinger and I'm ok with that trade but I'd much rather give them Teague over Horford.

anyways the c's really have to break the bank if they want horford. I would take a crowder, 1st & 2nd, kelly, Sullinger for Horford too. 1st need to be the nets pick of course.

as for Jeff I would take crowder + Kelly for Jeff in a heartbeat 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What? You can't trade 2 starters for that, is that how little you value our players.

That would be the main parts, not the whole deal. For the C's to get Teague, one of their guards would come to us also. Plus Horford is expiring, let's not act as if we can pull 2 1sts and Crowder just for Horford.

If we can get Crowder and the Nets pick (and Bradley or Smart) for Horford and Teague, that's a great deal (we get 2 starters back as we would draft a lottery player).

Edited by RWF
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RWF said:

That would be the main parts, not the whole deal. For the C's to get Teague, one of their guards would come to us also. Plus Horford is expiring, let's not act as if we can pull 2 1sts and Crowder just for Horford.

If we can get Crowder and the Nets pick for Horford and Teague, that's a great deal (we get 2 starters back as we would draft a lottery player).

He has a point....I love Jeff but crowder is an elite defender for years to come. The only value going out is horford but that's where we pull the 2 1st round picks and that's not extremely a bad thing. Gives us an opportunity to draft a future "face of the franchise" someone bud would really want at that being that the pick will be high enough to choose from multiple players.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RWF said:

If we can get Crowder and the Nets pick (and Bradley or Smart) for Horford and Teague, that's a great deal (we get 2 starters back as we would draft a lottery player).

We are not getting the Nets pick, so forget that.

Boston has Dallas' 1st (currently late teens, I think) Boston is currently in the playoff, Boston's own pick will also be late teens or even 20s once we trade them Horf and Teague.

Afflalo was also an expiring that got the Nuggs a 1st. Al is a much better player, so if the picks aren't lottery picks then I don't see why we shouldn't get them.

9 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

I just spoke with a guy with hawks connects who works for 92.9. Apparently a deal centering around horford for rj hunter and crowder and draft picks was discussed. I like that deal. Draft a legit starter at the 5 like what myles turner has become for the pacers.

What picks and what's the lottery protection.